Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

People who have a camera on top of their work PC monitor so they can video call people from their desk. Top level bell-endery.

People on trains/planes who stand in the aisle and take ages to set themselves, removing various layers and getting all sorts of items out of their bags before finally sitting down.

Apple pay or paper ticket rocket polishers at London Underground/station barriers. 

The Winter. 

• Like 1

On 04/11/2019 at 14:33, bickster said:

There is nothing irrational about hating a road that goes to Stoke

That is a tad harsh I think. But if you want to link it to your road number comments; the A500 is known by the locals as 'The D Road'. Now is that because it forms a 'D' shape with the M6 or because 'D' is the Roman Numeral for 500. Answers on an Oatcake.please !

8 minutes ago, veloman said:

That is a tad harsh I think. But if you want to link it to your road number comments; the A500 is known by the locals as 'The D Road'. Now is that because it forms a 'D' shape with the M6 or because 'D' is the Roman Numeral for 500. Answers on an Oatcake.please !

I just assumed it was because they can't speak properly and its the first time they'd seen a proper road

• Haha 2

On 06/11/2019 at 03:10, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

People who have a camera on top of their work PC monitor so they can video call people from their desk. Top level bell-endery.

People on trains/planes who stand in the aisle and take ages to set themselves, removing various layers and getting all sorts of items out of their bags before finally sitting down.

Apple pay or paper ticket rocket polishers at London Underground/station barriers. 

The Winter. 

Bit random but, you came to mind the other day and I wasn't even on VT or a computer.

I think I was reflecting on something you'd offered some advice to me about. Which lead me to recall some of your other posts.

You've got a good humour about you.

• Thanks 1

Played the last three weeks with a fractured jaw because selection trials are underway and the show goes on whether or not I am injured.

Then last night I think I pulled a muscle in my quad, early on in a game, nothing I couldn't play through but just a reminder that injuries do come along.

Pisses me off because I've put in the work to play at the highest level I ever have, no coach is going to select me if I am not there to impress.

They need to see me contribute and raise the standards for the team they are trying to build before they take a chance on someone who's not played in the division.

Edited by A'Villan

7 hours ago, il_serpente said:

mostly from the Liverpool Echo

Shit Manc Rag, there is a big backlash in Liverpool towards the local paper. It's gone from a loved part of the culture to something everyone moans about, no one respects it. Our company won't even interact with it any more and we aren't alone.

The VAR moaning isn't a Liverpool thing its almost universally despised. Any Liverpool fans that make comments in the Echo are a special breed, in fact that goes for the paper as a whole, most people despise it and laugh at the people commenting

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

Shit Manc Rag, there is a big backlash in Liverpool towards the local paper. It's gone from a loved part of the culture to something everyone moans about, no one respects it. Our company won't even interact with it any more and we aren't alone.

The VAR moaning isn't a Liverpool thing its almost universally despised. Any Liverpool fans that make comments in the Echo are a special breed, in fact that goes for the paper as a whole, most people despise it and laugh at the people commenting

True, but I haven't seen others, particularly Villa supporters, obsess over a single decision for days on end when their team won anyway and the decision had no bearing on the result.

44 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

True, but I haven't seen others, particularly Villa supporters, obsess over a single decision for days on end when their team won anyway and the decision had no bearing on the result.

Yeah but it's the Echo, the people making comments there are local freaks

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Row with the missus, she's currently frying frozen chicken nuggets in butter in a frying pan, I put them in the oven like a normal person and she took them out and went nuts  

Have a word. She is wronger than wrong. On your side. I bet she is a stand up wiper too. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Row with the missus, she's currently frying frozen chicken nuggets in butter in a frying pan, I put them in the oven like a normal person and she took them out and went nuts  

Don't ever question a spouse's certainty of "the right way" to prepare food.  It's not worth the fight.   Instead, make sure when eating a food that you disagree on how to prepare that you get started on it first.   That's what I do with asparagus.   Despite every person, cookbook, TV chef I've ever seen saying that you should bend the stalks til they break at the natural spot, she insists on cutting them with a knife because the other way wastes too much.   Never mind that we never seem to finish it all anyway.   When she prepares it there's always a small pile of indigestible fiber on the side of my plate by the end of the meal.

20 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Don't ever question a spouse's certainty of "the right way" to prepare food.  It's not worth the fight.   Instead, make sure when eating a food that you disagree on how to prepare that you get started on it first.   That's what I do with asparagus.   Despite every person, cookbook, TV chef I've ever seen saying that you should bend the stalks til they break at the natural spot, she insists on cutting them with a knife because the other way wastes too much.   Never mind that we never seem to finish it all anyway.   When she prepares it there's always a small pile of indigestible fiber on the side of my plate by the end of the meal.

Arguing about Asparagus should surely be about why its even been put on your plate?

It makes your piss stink

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We made the mistake of getting tickets to Jack Dee's tour. Best left 15 years ago. 

We had tickets for Ben Elton, for one reason or another I couldn't go and our daughter went instead of me.

Apparently, he stole a lot of my material

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Arguing about Asparagus should surely be about why its even been put on your plate?

It makes your piss stink

Pisses me off (no pun) is strong, but it annoys me that apparently not everyone has the smelly asparagus piss.

• Like 1

Â