Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Jakks not sticking to any kind of scale with their figures. I recently bought the Legends series Sting.

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

Why does he tower over every other figure when he is meant to be in the same scale! :bang::angry:

Zips that repeatedly get caught on their own fabricy bit, therefore requiring both hands & concentration.
Zips that get caught in my bits, therefore requiring screaming.

Modern communication, mobile phones and the internet mainly.

"General, where are you, why are you not answering questions - don't you love us anymore?" Bunch of clearings in the woods.

Twwarts.

I do the 'th' for Spanish. I used to work with one and, besides, it's the correct pronunciation. So it is Valenthia or Murthia to me. I also do the throaty sound on the G of de Gea but then that comes easier to us paddies cuz our own language has that too. As Mike says, there's no harm doing it once you're doing it right.

Is it the correct pronunciation, though?

A fairly solid majority of Spanish speakers would say that it's not: the "th" thing is pretty much only found in Castillian and other non-Andalusian dialects of Spanish. Andalusia, the Canaries, and the whole of Spanish-speaking America observe seseo.

I do the 'th' for Spanish. I used to work with one and, besides, it's the correct pronunciation. So it is Valenthia or Murthia to me. I also do the throaty sound on the G of de Gea but then that comes easier to us paddies cuz our own language has that too. As Mike says, there's no harm doing it once you're doing it right.

Is it the correct pronunciation, though?

A fairly solid majority of Spanish speakers would say that it's not: the "th" thing is pretty much only found in Castillian and other non-Andalusian dialects of Spanish. Andalusia, the Canaries, and the whole of Spanish-speaking America observe seseo.

And also, a Castillian speaker would pronounce it Balenthia. So trying to pronounce it Valencthia is just wrong and doesnt reflect the correct pronounciation of any of the main Spanish dialects. It's just how an English speaker who 'thinks' they're saying right would say it, but they're not and it just sounds silly. Stick to Valenseea is my advice.

Reflexively using "th" is basically the same as deciding that everybody who speaks English speaks RP (or maybe Cockney... though hasn't there been a convergence between the two observed over the years?)

Mentioned this before but bloody **** Steam always gives me problems with game installations. What happened to the days of simply popping the disc in and starting to play.

Â