Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

People who put stuff through your letterbox (that for all intents and purposes is spam), which goes in the bin, that turns out to be a catalogue that they come back a few days later and ask for back. I didn't want it, I didn't read it, I **** it out. Don't put it through the letterbox again and it won't go missing again. Seemples.

The amount of packaging on Marks and Spencers shirts. Bought two new ones yesterday for work, and the packaging never ceases to amaze me. They come in a plastic sleeve, with a cardboard frame, loads of plastic to keep the colloar stiff, and lots of little plastic clips to keep things in place. For a company that supposedly prides itself on its environmental credentials, it's not good enough.

The amount of packaging on Marks and Spencers shirts. Bought two new ones yesterday for work, and the packaging never ceases to amaze me. They come in a plastic sleeve, with a cardboard frame, loads of plastic to keep the colloar stiff, and lots of little plastic clips to keep things in place. For a company that supposedly prides itself on its environmental credentials, it's not good enough.
At least the plastic clips are an advance on the days when they used to be held together with pins.

I always seemed to miss at least one until I put the shirt on for the first time and stabbed myself.

Sky Sports presenters trying to pronounce villas-boas name as foreign as they can. You just sound like a gimp, so stop it.
As long as they are pronouncing it correctly, and not just guessing, that's better than the alternative of "anglicising" all foreign names.

It's not difficult to find out how a name should be pronounced, and it's common courtesy to the man.

The amount of packaging on any shirt completely baffles me.

Dress shirts, I mean. The ones you get in those plastic packaging all folded up nice and square.

it all just seeems vastly unecessary.

Have you ever tried repackaging one to take it back because it's too big? Jesus, took me about an hour and it still looked shite!

As long as they are pronouncing it correctly, and not just guessing, that's better than the alternative of "anglicising" all foreign names.

Well they're not, because they all have a different variation.

I've heard all of

Vilass-Boass

Vilass-Boazhh

Vilazh-Boazh

Vilazh-Boass

So in the absence of the correct term, just anglicise it. Your audience is English speaking. You are English speaking. You clearly can't say it properly, so just say it in English and stop annoying us :)

Well they're not, because they all have a different variation.

I've heard all of

Vilass-Boass

Vilass-Boazhh

Vilazh-Boazh

Vilazh-Boass

So in the absence of the correct term, just anglicise it. Your audience is English speaking. You are English speaking. You clearly can't say it properly, so just say it in English and stop annoying us :)

Fuxsake, they're journalists. If they haven't got the ability to ask a native Portugese speaker their research skills are hardly up to snuff.

But in essence I agree, they shouldn't guess - either get it right or, failing that, anglicise it. But preferably get it right.

The amount of packaging on any shirt completely baffles me.

Dress shirts, I mean. The ones you get in those plastic packaging all folded up nice and square.

it all just seeems vastly unecessary.

Have you ever tried repackaging one to take it back because it's too big? Jesus, took me about an hour and it still looked shite!

Could be a conspiracy to discourage returns?

Sky Sports presenters trying to pronounce villas-boas name as foreign as they can. You just sound like a gimp, so stop it.

It's not difficult to find out how a name should be pronounced, and it's common courtesy to the man.

Fully agree, its just that every presenter says it completely differently to each other, always over emphasising it and just sounded patronisingly stupid rather than respectful.

Well this is all rather agreeable re: the Villas-Boas thing. However, what's everyones take on people in restaurants asking something like this?

Waiter: Would you like anything else?

Jeff: Can I have the parmegaaaano please.

The Villas-Boas thing is similar to my hatred of the odd commentator who will pronounce something differently to EVERYONE else.

Like Tyldsley, who calls Anelka "Nicola" Anelka. That is not his name.

Or the commentators who call Fwrguson "Alec" Ferguson.

Even if they're right, stop just saying it to be differnet.

I remember when Morientes played for Liverpool, Jonathan Pearce would used to say Morrrrrrientethhhhhhhhhh

You're not spanish. Knob.

Â