Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Lad was a plonker for sure by turning up but let’s not pretend the random sickie is a criminal offence and an affront to the economics of the world. Like I said in my first post, if it’s a regular thing then yeah he’s a clearing but a one off and a judgement of error? No need to crucify the lad.

Maybe it’s just me, but I can’t take big business and global commerce THAT seriously when I work hard for the nhs in spite of rich pricks trying to destroy it and yet I only pick up £20,000 a year. The world has far more important injustices going on than a plum making a school boy error.

Also as a manager of that person if you go an make an example out of him good luck getting anywhere near to 100% out of them in the future, managing people isn’t always about dispensing discipline, that’s just called being a jobsworth.

6 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Also as a manager of that person if you go an make an example out of him good luck getting anywhere near to 100% out of them in the future, managing people isn’t always about dispensing discipline, that’s just called being a jobsworth.

On the flip side, if you do nothing then it just encourages others to do it. Its a tightrope! 

I won't be mentioning it, I don't see it as a pisstake towards me, I don't feel offended or any of that bollocks.

It's more unfair to the rest of his teammates, who had to stay longer and do more work.

It's the first and last time I let it go mind.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

let’s not pretend the random sickie is a criminal offence and an affront to the economics of the world

don't think anyone is, are they?

just saying he's a clearing in the woods and I'd tell him to use his brain if he doesn't want it noticed in the future.

With regards to sickies, i’ve always found it more a piss-take towards colleagues than management.

Afterall, Bosses aren’t going to pick up the slack are they? They’ll just divvy up the work amongst the other employees.

I’ve worked with some real lazy gits and they’ve always been the first to phone in ‘sick’ when deadlines loom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

With regards to sickies, i’ve always found it more a piss-take towards colleagues than management.

Afterall, Bosses aren’t going to pick up the slack are they? They’ll just divvy up the work amongst the other employees.

I’ve worked with some real lazy gits and they’ve always been the first to phone in ‘sick’ when deadlines loom. 

Completely depends doesn't it?

If someone who reports to me didn't turn up then I'd almost certainly have to pick up the slack.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

I've just seen the Liverpool / Man Citeh result. I'm about to go to work

I will pick up intolerable idiots tonight, guaranteed

Well, you do work in Liverpool... :P

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Well, you do work in Liverpool... :P

:mrgreen:

Actually didn't pick up a single one. Picked up a disproportionate amount of lone women tonight, mainly Muslim too. I think the only blokes I picked up were two lads who'd walked from Bootle to Southport for charity and another driver with his missus and daughter going to the local Twiterspoons for their tea. Nice peaceful Sunday night and the city center seemed bereft of drunk Scandinavians 

• Like 1

I must have  heard the word 'Carillion' mentioned at least 2500 times today in the office with people running around like headless chickens. 

Â