Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Talksport advertising the Wolves v Villa game as a Black Country derby.:rant:

Some would argue even Wolverhampton isn't in the Black Country, let alone Aston.

EDIT - Sorry....mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Danny Baker once described Black Sabbath as coming from the Black Country, on a TV show. I tweeted him to tell him Aston wasn't in the Black Country, but he didn't reply.

• Like 2

On 09/10/2017 at 09:36, TrentVilla said:

When you step on to an escalator that isn’t working... you know it isn’t working which essential makes it a flight of stairs. But something in my brain refuses to tell my legs that and you end up with some sort of weird tentative walk.

My brain still adjusts for the momentary inertia that never comes.  Stupid brain.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It would of been a Staffordshire Derby many years ago. So yeah, you brummie clearings in the woods nicked my Counties football club. 

I'm pretty sure Aston was never part of Staffordshire. Prior to the formation of the West Midlands, it was part of Warwickshire I believe. 

the inability to read my own handwritten notes when typing them up - and more particularly the inability of my brain to think about the context when trying to remember what I wrote. I.e. a rather dull example:' a definition of a carrier type  ( in information speak ) object that carries information - i.e. a volume, book, etc. '

I typed "Volvo, a boat" and carried on autopilot for quite some time before realising.

Customer service on the phone, 

long story short, dishwasher broke extended warranty is replacement if cant fix, rang the number on the warranty sheet & got through to a simpleton ....(cs)yeah this is not the department you will have to ring D&G direct .....(me) do you have another number .....(CS) yeah it should be on your warranty (me) well this is the number so the number I should call on the sheet (cs) no you will have to call D&G direct ....(me) are you stupid ...I DONT HAVE ANOTHER NUMBER !!!!! ...... i hang up .....

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Danny Baker once described Black Sabbath as coming from the Black Country, on a TV show. I tweeted him to tell him Aston wasn't in the Black Country, but he didn't reply.

I'm looking forward to the next instalment of dAVe80's tweets that weren't responded too :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Meath_Villan said:

Customer service on the phone, 

long story short, dishwasher broke extended warranty is replacement if cant fix, rang the number on the warranty sheet & got through to a simpleton ....(cs)yeah this is not the department you will have to ring D&G direct .....(me) do you have another number .....(CS) yeah it should be on your warranty (me) well this is the number so the number I should call on the sheet (cs) no you will have to call D&G direct ....(me) are you stupid ...I DONT HAVE ANOTHER NUMBER !!!!! ...... i hang up .....

That showed him :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I'm pretty sure Aston was never part of Staffordshire. Prior to the formation of the West Midlands, it was part of Warwickshire I believe. 

It was once in Staffordshire, don't think it's ever been part of Warwickshire. 

25 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It was once in Staffordshire, don't think it's ever been part of Warwickshire. 

Birmingham (including Aston) was part of Warwickshire until 1974 when the West Midlands was formed. 

Historically i'm not sure. Perry Barr and Handsworth were part of Staffordshire until being transferred to Birmingham (and by definition Warwickshire) in 1911 but from what I can find Aston (and Erdington) were never part of Staffordshire. That being said, Villa were formed in Handworth and played at Perry Barr initially so have Staffs links. 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm looking forward to the next instalment of dAVe80's tweets that weren't responded too :)

I figured he's a low level enough "celeb" to be likely to respond. I've had replies from Stan Collymore, Adil Ray, and Danny Kelly in the past. I don't like to brag, but also Tim Downie, who plays Clem Fandango's mate in Toast of London, liked one of my Tweets once. B)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

Birmingham (including Aston) was part of Warwickshire until 1974 when the West Midlands was formed. 

Historically i'm not sure. Perry Barr and Handsworth were part of Staffordshire until being transferred to Birmingham (and by definition Warwickshire) in 1911 but from what I can find Aston (and Erdington) were never part of Staffordshire. That being said, Villa were formed in Handworth and played at Perry Barr initially so have Staffs links. 

So Aston and Erdington were part of Warwickshire, but you're still a Pear?! :o

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

So Aston and Erdington were part of Warwickshire, but you're still a Pear?! :o

Blame Graeme Hick for that! It was his 405* in 1988 that got me into cricket! Also the first cricket ground I went to :)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Glory hunter! ;)

I've paid my penance since! The glory days of the late 80's are a distant memory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Yeah I think I got it wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I used to love cricket. Lancashire was my team. 

Had a very good team in the early/mid 90's; Atherton, Fairbrother, Wasim Akram, Watkinson, Austin, Crawley, Gallian, Chapple, Hegg, Martin, etc

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

Had a very good team in the early/mid 90's; Atherton, Fairbrother, Wasim Akram, Watkinson, Austin, Crawley, Gallian, Chapple, Hegg, Martin, etc

That was the team I fell for. How you know all them :) fairbrother and Crawley were the big hitters and also Lloyd who you missed out. Akram and Martin leading the attack with the ball. Warren Hegg was underrated behind the wickets and was useful with the bat. Austin medium paced bowler and Chapple was up and coming with the ball. Watkinson was the old dog. Atherton needs no introduction, although my grandad who was a bears fan hated him for being too negative. 

• Like 1

When you're at work carrying something bulky but not heavy, and people insist on trying to help by carrying it or open the door, or make sure your path is clear. Or whatever. But in reality all they do is get in the way or create a socially awkward moment. 

File this under me being a word removed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â