Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, magnkarl said:

When someone gets off a flight and walks side by side making sure that no one can get past them through the whole terminal. I hate such people with disgust. They're usually American too. I had 4 of them coming in from Shannon last night - first they squeezed in front of me on the plane even though my seat was ahead of theirs, then they blocked the path with their clearly over sized hand luggage so that no one could pass.

When the 30 year or so lady squeezed ahead of me on the flight even though I was just getting my bag I asked "Would you like to sneak by in front of me or behind me?" Some guy in the back of the plane said "Here here!!".

Yanks.

To pick out part of your post, I hate it on planes (coaches and trains too but mainly planes because everyone gets off at once) when people try to exit before the rows in front of them.

Just **** wait. It makes so little difference. All you're doing is making it really awkward for everyone because you clog up the aisles.

• Like 3

I bloody hate this too. I'm sure it's a pretty cultural thing. Before boarding a flight, we all have seat numbers. There's no need to rush to queue up is there? Just sit down and wait until everything's quietened down and then stroll on and get into your seat. There's no need to pile on like the last days of Saigon. 

Also, the bloody Bulgarians clap when the plane lands. That really brings out an irrational desire to hurt people, in me.  

Getting off the plane too, just chill. There's only two doors (in most cases) just wait until the bloke in front has buggered forward and then carry on. That said, once inside the terminal building I do march quite fast to get ahead in the passport queue. 

16 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

we all have seat numbers. There's no need to rush to queue up is there?

Yes and no

get on the plane too late and some passengers have managed to fill the luggage bins with the 20kg of hand luggage they seem to think is essential to have on board with them .. Eastern Europeans seem to be the most guilty here 

quite a few people clap tbf not just Bulgarians ... it's always baffled me as to why , when I give me client their data they don't ring me up and applaude me down the phone  ...

on the landing theme , my favourite landing was with virgin where we came down with a huge bang and the stewardess did the thank you for flying with us and cpt Williams on his first and last day on the job 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Yes and no

get on the plane too late and some passengers have managed to fill the luggage bins with the 20kg of hand luggage they seem to think is essential to have on board with them .. Eastern Europeans seem to be the most guilty here 

Actually yeah...

They are prone to ramming their entire life's belongings into the overhead. That said, Wizzair, who I regularly go with from Sofia to Brum are complete Nazis when it comes to size and dimensions of the bags so I've never really had a problem. 

Edited by AVFC_Hitz
Gout

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I like standing up and clapping loudly.

I like to think the other passengers presume I work for NASA, 'cos they're always doing that.

Have a like for good memory , assuming you are recalling my rant on here about NASA people clapping 

if you don't recall it  have a like for a lucky guess 

On 04/07/2017 at 23:18, sidcow said:

Blokes who wear bright blue suits. I get a really irrational anger upon me when I see them. 

Because they seem popular they have replaced Pin Striped suits as the focus of my hatred. 

My first post in OT for a while........ Feels gooood!

I was thinking about this post this morning walking across St Phillips Churchyard* when I crossed paths with a bluesuiter. I concluded it could be because the popular shade is too close to Royal Blue for comfort. 

Then on the way to Snowshill I went past Hotel Du Vin where there were 4 (four) bluesuiters sat together. I nearly ran amock. 

* as if to prove my point after hitting the space bar after writing St the first suggestion from my tablet was "Andrews"  

I rest my case your Honour. 

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

To pick out part of your post, I hate it on planes (coaches and trains too but mainly planes because everyone gets off at once) when people try to exit before the rows in front of them.

Just **** wait. It makes so little difference. All you're doing is making it really awkward for everyone because you clog up the aisles.

Emirates is the worst I've experienced for that, there were several people pretending to have poor English to try and get on first and then I swear between the time it took for the back wheel to touch down and before the front wheel made it someone went past me with their hand luggage, the staff were going nuts but it was a waste of time there were loads of people at it, the thing with flying is you go from 1 queue to the another queue, you can be the first person off the plane and the last person to get their bag

have also experienced someone on my plane have a serious medical condition whilst on the tarmac, **** me that brought out the worst in people, was at Gatwick too "oi girl what the facks gawn on, sort him out" people not moving out of the aisle to let paramedics through...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Emirates is the worst I've experienced for that, there were several people pretending to have poor English to try and get on first and then I swear between the time it took for the back wheel to touch down and before the front wheel made it someone went past me with their hand luggage, the staff were going nuts but it was a waste of time there were loads of people at it, the thing with flying is you go from 1 queue to the another queue, you can be the first person off the plane and the last person to get their bag

have also experienced someone on my plane have a serious medical condition whilst on the tarmac, **** me that brought out the worst in people, was at Gatwick too "oi girl what the facks gawn on, sort him out" people not moving out of the aisle to let paramedics through...

Yeah I just don't get it.

To be fair, if you're on a short haul flight, and you're only taking hand luggage I can KIND of understand it. As Tony said there is often limited space for hand luggage so it does pay to be on the plane sooner sometimes. And you may not be picking up checked in luggage so getting off the plane sooner actually makes a difference because you can leave straight away when you're through passport control.

But long haul it makes zero sense. Why are you rushing off the plane just to go and stand next to a luggage carousel for 20 minutes? Plus you're probably on the same transfer coach as half the plane, so it's not going to leave until everyone's off the plane anyway.

• Like 2

It's not just planes though.

My life's not quite as rock n roll as few of those above, but just long distance trains and people are doing the same.

I get the GWR in to Paddington a couple of times a week, people stand up and queue in the aisles a good 10 minutes before it rolls in to Paddington. It's just weird behaviour. I suppose that 10 minutes standing on the train potentially gets them 30 seconds further down the queue for one of the tubes that arrives every 3 minutes...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It's not just planes though.

My life's not quite as rock n roll as few of those above, but just long distance trains and people are doing the same.

I get the GWR in to Paddington a couple of times a week, people stand up and queue in the aisles a good 10 minutes before it rolls in to Paddington. It's just weird behaviour. I suppose that 10 minutes standing on the train potentially gets them 30 seconds further down the queue for one of the tubes that arrives every 3 minutes...

Yeah that one always confuses me too. It's not even long distance.

Whenever I get the train into Birmingham people stand up and wait by the doors 5 minutes before we arrive.

The train does stop you know, guys? It's not like a bus where he'll just carry on if nobody wants to get off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah that one always confuses me too. It's not even long distance.

Whenever I get the train into Birmingham people stand up and wait by the doors 5 minutes before we arrive.

The train does stop you know, guys? It's not like a bus where he'll just carry on if nobody wants to get off.

Its probably people like me.   I use the train maybe once a year max. 

As the train slows down and i can see the station, i assume its pulling onto the platform to let us off and so i'll be walking off the train in the next 20 seconds. 

So i stand up and walk to the door which takes 20 seconds. 

Then the train farts around for another 5-10 minutes before it actually gets to the platform to let me off.  So i'm stood looking like a lemon for the next 10 mins. So annoying!  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Its probably people like me.   I use the train maybe once a year max. 

As the train slows down and i can see the station, i assume its pulling onto the platform to let us off and so i'll be walking off the train in the next 20 seconds. 

So i stand up and walk to the door which takes 20 seconds. 

Then the train farts around for another 5-10 minutes before it actually gets to the platform to let me off.  So i'm stood looking like a lemon for the next 10 mins. So annoying!  

Ha no, it's not that.

I'm talking about the people who stand up when the driver announces "The next station will be Birmingham New Street" but we've only just left the previous one!

On 7/5/2017 at 21:44, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm the chief tile humper.

11 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Is their no end to your sexual antics? ;) 

I suggest we forget all about it and wipe the slate clean.

• Like 4

Virgin Media. 

And they absolutely should piss me off. Had billing issues with them since November last year when we moved back into our house following the flood. Spent until February arguing with them, which ended in me emailing the CEO and getting it sorted that way. Last month the bill was wrong again, so i spent over an hour on to customer services, escalated to a manager and eventually they admitted that my bill was wrong and said theyd sort it until the end of my current deal/contract in November. Unsurprisingly its wrong again this month. Havent even bothered with customer service, another email to the CEO to try and sort it again. 

But what annoys me more than anything is theyre the only decent provider in our area so im pretty much stuck with them if i want high speed internet. 

6 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Virgin Media. 

And they absolutely should piss me off. Had billing issues with them since November last year when we moved back into our house following the flood. Spent until February arguing with them, which ended in me emailing the CEO and getting it sorted that way. Last month the bill was wrong again, so i spent over an hour on to customer services, escalated to a manager and eventually they admitted that my bill was wrong and said theyd sort it until the end of my current deal/contract in November. Unsurprisingly its wrong again this month. Havent even bothered with customer service, another email to the CEO to try and sort it again. 

But what annoys me more than anything is theyre the only decent provider in our area so im pretty much stuck with them if i want high speed internet. 

I need to sort ours out. When we signed up for it a couple of years ago, it was about £50-60. It's now floated to over £100 a month. It's an absolute con and they rely on lazy people like me not complaining about it.

Â