Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

My son has got this ear infection that cannot be cured by antibiotics orally, so our surgery sent him to Stafford hospital with a note. The note said what he had and that the only thing that will cure it is intravenous antibiotics. My wife gets to Stafford and they say they don't do intravenous on children at the A&E unit, so go to stoke or Burton. She drives to Burton because that's where he had his ear surgery before. The nurse eventually got round to seeing my son and she was on the phone to the doctor and basically told a pack of lies Infront of my wife. She never once read the note off our doctor and never once looked at his ears. She told the doctor he had this other thing and that he keeps getting reacuring ear infections which is a load of bullshit. My wife put her straight once she got off the phone, but the nurse said oh it don't matter. Like WTF! Then she said we will probably send him home and wait for an outpatient appointment. We've been told by our doctor and it also said on the notes that only intravenous treatment will sort it out. My wife then rang our doctors to see if they could phone the hospital, but they cannot do that. The absolute incompetence of some of these people is beyond belief. My wife has asked to see someone else and she is now waiting on that. Shambles.

Talking of health service shambles, my grandad had a home visit from his GP a few weeks ago. My mother let her in, and she strode into the living room where he was without so much as a by your leave and said 'well, now you've had these heart tests done, I've got the results, and you can come off Heart Medication X and Y and I don't know what you're fussing about' etc, at which point my mother had to interrupt her to point out that he hadn't had any heart tests done, he'd had blood tests done, and there's nothing wrong with his heart, it's his lungs and the fluid buildup in his legs, and you've obviously got the wrong patient you daft moo. Hopeless. 

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Just been to Jamaica and both journeys people were clapping when it landed. **** window licking morons.

The clapping tends to happen more on holiday charter flights like Thomas Cook or Thomson as a lot of people are't used to travel and its a big novelty to them. You don't get it very often on scheduled flights. 

21 hours ago, mjmooney said:

"Wozny acky".

Is is so hard to learn to say "Vozniatski"? 

Regardless, I would. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Talking of health service shambles, my grandad had a home visit from his GP a few weeks ago. My mother let her in, and she strode into the living room where he was without so much as a by your leave and said 'well, now you've had these heart tests done, I've got the results, and you can come off Heart Medication X and Y and I don't know what you're fussing about' etc, at which point my mother had to interrupt her to point out that he hadn't had any heart tests done, he'd had blood tests done, and there's nothing wrong with his heart, it's his lungs and the fluid buildup in his legs, and you've obviously got the wrong patient you daft moo. Hopeless. 

Unbelievable. 

I had the same appointment three times at the hospital a few months back. Then when it was operating day they had me down for the wrong operation. Our doctors has rang my wife not long ago and has said they will ring the hospital and talk to them because he needs the antibiotics now not when and if he gets poorly. The surgeon that dealt with my lads ears has spoke to our doctor in rugeley and had said he will administer the antibiotics tonight. Boils my blood.

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah that one always confuses me too. It's not even long distance.

Whenever I get the train into Birmingham people stand up and wait by the doors 5 minutes before we arrive.

The train does stop you know, guys? It's not like a bus where he'll just carry on if nobody wants to get off.

Ha, I notice this every day. Train leaves Aston and its a good 7 or 8 mins to New Street and people are already up and faces pressed against the door quivering with anticipation and their hand hovering over the 'open' button by the door.

words removed.

Talking of airplane (sorry, aeroplane) etiquette, something that wound me up a while back was my flight to Reykjavik. I had allocated myself an aisle seat (i think I may have had to pay a small charge for it) and when I boarded there was someone sitting in it. They simply wouldn't move. They couldn't speak English and they weren't Icelandic. Looks wise i'd have guessed Romanian/Bulgarian/Albanian by their complexion. It was a woman in her 30's and she was sitting next to her two mates. I'm assuming what happened was that they couldn't get 3 seats together so just decided to sit where they wanted. 

I was gesticulating, pointing at the seat and my ticket and she was shaking her head. The cabin crew were as useless as a paper overcoat and while I wouldn't say I caused a scene, I was getting agitated by the sheer arrogance of the Balkan seat stealer and starting to get disapproving looks from other people sitting in the vicinity, like it was my fault! The attendant just said "Oh can you sit down there" and pointed to a free middle seat a few rows forward,  which I absolutely hate sitting in as you get elbows from both sides. I sat down but I was fuming for the first hour of the flight and kept looking back giving the bitch glares in the style of 'Begbie' from Trainspotting. 

If that had been a 12 hour flight I'd have stood my ground. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

Ha, I notice this every day. Train leaves Aston and its a good 7 or 8 mins to New Street and people are already up and faces pressed against the door quivering with anticipation and their hand hovering over the 'open' button by the door.

words removed.

Is it everyone else on the train but you? ;)

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Is it everyone else on the train but you? ;)

Hey, I had my weekly wash this morning! :D

• Like 1

Moseley Jazz Show somewhere in one of the parks. Just sounds like tuneless rap and shouting to me as I can hear it in the background while I'm trying to watch some Netflix. Certainly no jazz so far. Hope it bloody ends soon. Noisy ****!!!!!

/meldrew.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My son has got this ear infection that cannot be cured by antibiotics orally, so our surgery sent him to Stafford hospital with a note. The note said what he had and that the only thing that will cure it is intravenous antibiotics. My wife gets to Stafford and they say they don't do intravenous on children at the A&E unit, so go to stoke or Burton. She drives to Burton because that's where he had his ear surgery before. The nurse eventually got round to seeing my son and she was on the phone to the doctor and basically told a pack of lies Infront of my wife. She never once read the note off our doctor and never once looked at his ears. She told the doctor he had this other thing and that he keeps getting reacuring ear infections which is a load of bullshit. My wife put her straight once she got off the phone, but the nurse said oh it don't matter. Like WTF! Then she said we will probably send him home and wait for an outpatient appointment. We've been told by our doctor and it also said on the notes that only intravenous treatment will sort it out. My wife then rang our doctors to see if they could phone the hospital, but they cannot do that. The absolute incompetence of some of these people is beyond belief. My wife has asked to see someone else and she is now waiting on that. Shambles.

nothing in this post tells me why the first doctor is right and the second not

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I was getting agitated by the sheer arrogance of the Balkan seat stealer 

If only you knew the balkan equivalent of DHUTWU....would that still qualify for the mile high club ? ;)

7 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

If only you knew the balkan equivalent of DHUTWU....would that still qualify for the mile high club ? ;)

Well, we were still on the tarmac, plus she looked like Leo Sayer with a tan. 

I mean, I'm not fussy after a few pints, but this was pushing my limits. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Well, we were still on the tarmac, plus she looked like Leo Sayer with a tan. 

I mean, I'm not fussy after a few pints, but this was pushing my limits. 

leo_sayer_1976_06_05.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Why is that ?

because the first doctor might be wrong with "ear infection that cannot be cured by antibiotics orally... the only thing that will cure it is intravenous antibiotics."

It could be that the second doctor/nurse might be correct...

50/50.

• Like 1

Â