Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Horny cats outside my window all night sounding like someone's strangling a horny Susan Boyle...

I hear foxes at night. They can't half make a racket. I have no idea what these vulpines are up to, to cause such a din. 

5 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Arya Stark is 14. She's hot if the temperatures go above 37, that's about it.

Arya Stark isn't blonde though, your reference seemed to about Khaleesi, who is extremely hot. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

3 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

The fact that I have 3 potential best man duties on the horizon, feel free to offer any advise if you have done it before.

Well aren't you Mr. Popular :P

2 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

The fact that I have 3 potential best man duties on the horizon, feel free to offer any advise if you have done it before.

Tell them all well in advance that they are marrying the wrong person and you won't be best man out of respect for your friendship

Keep the pig ugly card ready should it be required

The only time I was best man, I upset the bride before the ceremony even started, ruined the whole day apparently

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Tell them all well in advance that they are marrying the wrong person and you won't be best man out of respect for your friendship

Keep the pig ugly card ready should it be required

The only time I was best man, I upset the bride before the ceremony even started, ruined the whole day apparently

eo3yb.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Stay of that ganja man. She looks like the little girl from Game of Thrones with blonde hair.

I always thought Lily Allen looked like a female version of Theon .

So Theon then.

The British honours system. For **** sake Ed **** Sheeran kicks a ball round on comic relief and now he is an OBE or MBE. Today I will have my twice annual rage at celebrities getting honoured. What makes it hard this year a friend's uncle who is something in rugby got an honour so I am limited in my raging. 

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

The British honours system. For **** sake Ed **** Sheeran kicks a ball round on comic relief and now he is an OBE or MBE. Today I will have my twice annual rage at celebrities getting honoured. What makes it hard this year a friend's uncle who is something in rugby got an honour so I am limited in my raging. 

I would prefer the honours system if it was limited to 'ordinary people' who have done outstanding community  work. Sure, some celebs do good stuff, but they get plenty of coverage in the media already. In their case virtue should be its own reward. 

And there's no need for the permanent titles, letters after your name nonsense. Just give the unsung heroes some publicity - a published list, a TV show, whatever, to recognise what they've done that year (or over a number of years). Throw a party. 

At least it would avoid all that embarrassment of having to 'strip' the likes of Savile of their absurd 'titles'. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

What I thought was surprisingly severe hay fever yesterday (and didn't respond to the usual remedies) turned out to be a virus. Headaches, aching limbs, raised temperature, d & v and a hacking cough. All on top of the tsunami of catarrh. 

Anybody think it might be anal prolapse AIDS? 

Most definitely.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

BBC techno remixes of old sports themes such as TMS, Ski Sunday and the snooker. Just wrong.

If I heard a techno remix of the TMS theme (Soul Limbo by Booker T & The MGs), I think I'd puke.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

If I heard a techno remix of the TMS theme (Soul Limbo by Booker T & The MGs), I think I'd puke.

TMS & Booker T - two of the things that are actually good in this world combined! Why would anyone want to change that?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

TMS & Booker T - two of the things that are actually good in this world combined! Why would anyone want to change that?

It pisses me off (and probably shouldn't) that I can no longer hear Soul Limbo without thinking of fecking cricket.   :rant:

Daddy Longlegs - they seem to have come out due to the heat today. My office is plastered with them. The dog is going nuts hunting them. Why can't they just "#"¤"#¤ fly straight, they have to #"¤"# knock into everything in their path. Useless creature!!

53 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Daddy Longlegs - they seem to have come out due to the heat today. My office is plastered with them. The dog is going nuts hunting them. Why can't they just "#"¤"#¤ fly straight, they have to #"¤"# knock into everything in their path. Useless creature!!

And they hang about and launch in the second you open the door at night. The bastards. Of all of the species of insect to survive through the ages, Darwinism and thus forth, how the bloody hell did this gimp creature prevail? Pathetic creatures. 

• Like 1

Cancer. 

My best mate... The Raoul Duke to my Dr Gonzo, the Richard Richard to my Eddie Hitler... has been diagnosed with bone cancer age 38 today after going to GP at my insistence yesterday.

As soon as he told me his symptoms my heart sank, have had fingers crossed all day, bad news. Working in a hospital detaches you from life sometimes, an automatic subconscious distancing. It's not a lack of sympathy or empathy for others, you care immensely but you just have to be robotic or you'd cry yourself to sleep every night or jump off a cliff if you took it home. But then... something like today happens, and the bubble bursts. 

Fu----- cancer. What an absolute mother------ it is. All types of it. Of all of the things in the world it has to be the biggest c--- of all. Relentless horrific piece of sh-/ discriminates not for anyone and happily goes for kids, adults and the elderly. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Cancer. 

My best mate... The Raoul Duke to my Dr Gonzo, the Richard Richard to my Eddie Hitler... has been diagnosed with bone cancer age 38 today after going to GP at my insistence yesterday.

Sad news mate :( 

What are the symptoms?

Â