Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

People who when a lift has arrived quickly run into it,  hit their floor and hit close doors when they know damn well someone else is approaching the lift when they know someone is coming just so they don't have to share the lift with anyone else. It's so bloody annoying and selfish. 

The reason this shouldn't piss me off though (because it does,  intensely) is because I will do it myself.  Shameful. 

When a packed commuter train pulls into the main station where 99% of people are getting off,  but someone wants to get on why do they stand in the middle of the bloody door still getting in everyone's way and actually delaying the emptying of the train? 

Just stand aside numpty. You will actually get on quicker by letting everyone off first. It's not like the second the last person gets off the doors will immediately slam shut like a transfer window and the train set off without you.

I have mentioned them before but their even more annoying cousin are the people stood at the door who are not getting off but stand there forcing everyone into the small doorway gap they leave to the side. I mean just step onto the platform won't you?  It's not going to hurt is it?

• Like 3

22 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

... dropped his mobile phone down a toilet...

One of her friend's two year old lad went through a spate of dropping anything lying about down the khazi.

Phones, remote controls, purses.

After three strikes I'd have been bogwashing the little bastard.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

People who when a lift has arrived quickly run into it,  hit their floor and hit close doors when they know damn well someone else is approaching the lift when they know someone is coming just so they don't have to share the lift with anyone else. It's so bloody annoying and selfish. 

The reason this shouldn't piss me off though (because it does,  intensely) is because I will do it myself.  Shameful. 

I feel no shame in admitting that I do this. All the time.

On the subject of lifts.  I work in an office with 3 floors (G, 1 & 2) so I'll say people who use it to go up 1 floor, or people who ever use it to go down. Unless you're injured or carrying something, none of those scenarios are acceptable! 

• Like 3

I used to work somewhere with a lift and 3 floors too, it was the slowest, noisiest elevator I'd ever seen, and had glass doors, right next to the stairs. I used to quite enjoy the look of embarrassment on people's face when I'd make eye contact overtaking them. Almost always people that could clearly have benefitted from the exercise too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Almost always people that could clearly have benefitted from the exercise too.

Ahem yes I decided not to go there :) That's usually implied ;) And our canteen is on the 1st floor too ... hmm.

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

Ahem yes I decided not to go there :) That's usually implied ;) And our canteen is on the 1st floor too ... hmm.

I used to work on the second (U.S.: third) floor of a ten storey building. I always used the stairs. One day we had an I.T. consultant visiting, and I went down to reception to meet her. She was a VERY overweight American woman. Without even thinking about it, I led her to the stairs, noticing too late her wistful look at the lift. After about five steps she was huffing and puffing and breaking into a sweat. I sort of felt guilty, and sort of not. Couldn't really say anything, of course. 

Come the revolution, anyone who uses the lift/escalator or whatever when stairs are available will be shot, unless there are genuine disabilities (being morbidly Billy Bunterish doesn't count I'm afraid) at play of course. I'm not a complete monster.

On 2/16/2017 at 13:05, Davkaus said:

Two of the busiest roads in Nottingham are being closed to traffic during rush hour on Monday so some clearings in the woods can march down them protesting about Donald Trump.

Whoever approved this in the council needs sacking.

I see the protest was a success as May has revoked the invitation for him to come to the UK. Oh...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Come the revolution, anyone who uses the lift/escalator or whatever when stairs are available will be shot, unless there are genuine disabilities (being morbidly Billy Bunterish doesn't count I'm afraid) at play of course. I'm not a complete monster.

I'm not going up ten flights of stairs for my costa coffee at work! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Have you ever been in the away end at Newcastle? **** that!

I work on the second floor and I usually grab the lift when I can.  And I do need the exercise. However I use the lift because walking into our office in winter or summer is like walking into an oven. 

In the summer the skinny/old girls moan that the air-conditioning is freezing them and campaign for it to be switched off and in the winter they moan it's freezing unless the heating is pumped up to 26, yes I said 26 degrees. 

I operate a bit of a guerilla war against them and the heating Hitlers who have the power over the controls because I downloaded the manual from tinternet and learned how to change it.

Most of the time they don't know because I get it set to a reasonable temperature which is about OK for most,  but if I over cool it they come marching over to shout at me for messing with the aircon again. 

Anyway I use the lift to avoid any increase in body temperate before I walk into the inferno. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I feel no shame in admitting that I do this. All the time.

Yep. I do it. 

Unless it becomes clear that they will actually make it before the doors close. 

Then I'll quickly jam my arm between the doors to stop them closing and make it look like I held the lift for them. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. I do it. 

Unless it becomes clear that they will actually make it before the doors close. 

Then I'll quickly jam my arm between the doors to stop them closing and make it look like I held the lift for them. 

:D

Exactly

Just thought of another which has been bugging me for a while.  I have realised a lot of my gripes are train related. 

People who get on busy trains packed shoulder to shoulder and keep their backpacks on constantly bashing anyone in the vicinity everytime they move a millimetre in any direction. 

And then keep moving considerably more than a millimetre acting like they've got ants in their bloody pants whacking people around the head and pushing over small kids with their whirling dervish of a backpack. 

Take is off and put it on the floor you cruntip.

• Like 2

Â