Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

That stupid trench coat that Arsene Wenger wears. I want to kick in the TV screen everytime I see it. 

Actually just Arsene Wenger really. 

Your going to enjoy it next season when he's Villa manager :D

Primark has stopped selling a T-shirt featuring words from a nursery rhyme after a shopper complained that it was "fantastically offensive".

Customer Ian Lucraft, who complained about the top to Primark, and his wife Gwen had been in a Sheffield branch of the store when they spotted the item of clothing.

"We were shocked when we came face to face with a new T-shirt with a racially explicit graphic and text," he told The Sheffield Star.

"It was fantastically offensive and I can only assume that no-one in the process of ordering it knew what they were doing, or were aware of its subliminal messages.

Get a life you word removed...and stop shoppping at primark.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

People at gyms who fill up bottles of water at fountains that are only designed to be drank from. 

So they fill a bottle from an initially-upward stream of water?  That's hard to do!  I can see why it would be annoying :) 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Get a life you word removed...and stop shoppping at primark.

It took me a while to work out why it was racist. When it dawned on me, my initial thought was, oh FFS!

I'm a liberal, leftie, bed wetting, pinko, do-gooding snowflake, and even I think that's a pile of shit!  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rodders said:

yeah, what is the racism in it? I'm ignorant of any offense in those 4 words there. I don't watch the Walking Dead so does it reference something racist?

The nursery rhyme has a racist version, so that is presumably where they took offence. I'd say these white middle class guilt-ridden ponces should just get the **** over it, racism clearly wasn't the intention of the t-shirt and only those who simply love to be offended by everything would see the 'subliminal message' and take offence to it.  

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

We get constant webinars and update videos we're encouraged to watch. I'm convinced the people that bother to watch them use it as an excuse to turn their brain off for an hour in the afternoon.

Compulsory training courses are similar.

• Like 1

The eeny meeny complainer must have been my age or older. The ONLY words to that (taught to me by my not especially racist parents) in the 50s/60s were "catch a nigger by his toe". My kids learned it at school in the 90s, and it had become "catch JACK by his toe". The "tiger" version scans better, but doesn't make much sense - it wouldn't squeal, it would rip your arm off. 

It IS a bit of a sinister image for a regular family shop to be selling, tbh. 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The eeny meeny complainer must have been my age or older. The ONLY words to that (taught to me by my not especially racist parents) in the 50s/60s were "catch a nigger by his toe". My kids learned it at school in the 90s, and it had become "catch JACK by his toe". The "tiger" version scans better, but doesn't make much sense - it wouldn't squeal, it would rip your arm off. 

It IS a bit of a sinister image for a regular family shop to be selling, tbh. 

I don't specifically remember being taught it, but it would have been the 80s and it was still the same words as yours.  In fact I believe even Bah Bah black sheep is now a rainbow sheep.

When first heard the rhyme (which I guess was the late 80's), it was "catch a monkey by it's toe". Didn't hear the explicit  version until much later in life. It could have been in pulp fiction before I heard it thinking about it.

I always preferred "racing car number nine....".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

The only version I've ever heard is catch a fish by its toe. I don't think many people under 40 have ever heard the racist version.

Was "fishy" in our house too.

50 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

When first heard the rhyme (which I guess was the late 80's), it was "catch a monkey by it's toe". Didn't hear the explicit  version until much later in life. It could have been in pulp fiction before I heard it thinking about it.

I always preferred "racing car number nine....".

Ip dip dog shit...

• Like 3

Â