Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Pieface. I share that. I'm waiting on all the processes to go through on mine. No grand property, small cottage in the sticks. EWhat you have typed out there is consistent with my experience. At work at the mo, but saw this and i hope you come through that. They are shifty gits. I could write a page on this and their tactics. I dont know you, but fingers crossed for you pal, because i have been messed around plenty and echo your concerns. My bid was eventually accepted two weeks ago, but the hassles to get to that point, jesus christ. 

I know their job is to get a place and sell it as quick as they can for as much as they can, but the games they play... it p-sses me off. I'd just stick estate agents in this room 101. No offence to any estate agents on here, as you're clearly less of a c--- than your industry counterparts purely for who you support, i'll let you off.

I take it back, my gripe is the games they play not them themselves. They're earning, doing a job like the rest of us. So i'm giving myself a warning. Was stressed and on a break but never mind. What Pieface had posted though touched a nerve as here's this guy saying about his dealings and that was me, different agency but same game. As I said, they have to get the best deal for their client and of course their cut from the fees, but for any sort of fixed price arrangement, I should think that they would be interested in doing the deal (finding buyer, agreeing price) as quickly as possible for the least effort involved to do so.

As a result, some of their games and behaviour might originate from the wishes of the selling client. In saying that, that's not the case all of the time and they can be dishonest gits but they are not the C word as said up a few posts, I take it back. anyway...

So you see what is being discussed up above there, the distinction between chav and the hipsters I had said? come down here to Gloucester and Cheltenham, maybe just maybe its the trend of the college and uni population but its definitely not chavvy, despite how it looks. I used to be a student myself a loooong time ago but I would never have entered a pub with a baseball cap on the wrong way round wearing jeans that squashed my nads like shrink wrap.

Baseball cap or not, this hipster crap pisses me off. these skinny jeans I rank worse than the eclipse jeans phase that the cool kids wore back in the day. At least that one died out.

Edited by Midfielder

15 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Pieface. I share that. I'm waiting on all the processes to go through on mine. No grand property, small cottage in the sticks. EWhat you have typed out there is consistent with my experience. At work at the mo, but saw this and i hope you come through that. They are shifty gits. I could write a page on this and their tactics. I dont know you, but fingers crossed for you pal, because i have been messed around plenty and echo your concerns. My bid was eventually accepted two weeks ago, but the hassles to get to that point, jesus christ. 

I know their job is to get a place and sell it as quick as they can for as much as they can, but the games they play... it p-sses me off. I'd just stick estate agents in this room 101. No offence to any estate agents on here, as you're clearly less of a c--- than your industry counterparts purely for who you support, i'll let you off.

Yeah it's been a painful week and it seems I'm not alone. At least you got there in the end though! Though, it is incredibly frustrating.

We were told last night our offer had finally been accepted :cheers:

Bring on the pain of the solicitors...

23 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah it's been a painful week and it seems I'm not alone. At least you got there in the end though! Though, it is incredibly frustrating.

We were told last night our offer had finally been accepted :cheers:

Bring on the pain of the solicitors...

Well done fella. Here's to processes running their course effortlessly, without the need to chase, with transparency and SPEED. 

• Like 1

Darren Farley  (he of the bookies advert with that blonde girl).....what p1sses me off with him (but shouldn't) is all the plaudits he gets on radio and TV about his stevie G, Rooney and carragher impersonations.....I mean how hard can it be when he is already a bleeding scouser to start off with ?!?

Edited by mottaloo
Spelling error

10 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Darren Farley  (he of the bookies advert with that blonde girl).....what p1sses me off with him (but shouldn't) is all the plaudits he gets on radio and TV about his stevie G, Rooney and carragher impersonations.....I mean how hard can it be when he is already a bleeding scouser to start off with ?!?

I’m from Birmingham, and my Daniel Sturridge, Gabby Agbonlahor, and Ian Taylor impressions are awful. My Jack Grealish one is brilliant though, I just get wrecked and lie in the gutter.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Tapered jeans > skinny jeans. Nothing wrong with form hugging clothing. But yeah, skinny jeans can do one.

What about suit trousers that are elasticated at the end of the leg? Oh, and the trouser leg is an inch shy of the shoe, presumably to show you're adhering to the other hipster staple of nice shoes, no socks.

13 minutes ago, choffer said:

What about suit trousers that are elasticated at the end of the leg? Oh, and the trouser leg is an inch shy of the shoe, presumably to show you're adhering to the other hipster staple of nice shoes, no socks.

I saw a guy the other day, wearing a suit (blue skinny one, naturally) and slip ons with no socks. The slip ons were a mulberry colour

I instantly hated him with a passion

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I saw a guy the other day, wearing a suit (blue skinny one, naturally) and slip ons with no socks. The slip ons were a mulberry colour

I instantly hated him with a passion

I still blame Miami Vice...

On the topic of fashion, I think I've mentioned it before but we had a meeting with a 'concept architect' in our Hoxton office.

The meeting was everything you'd expect it to be from that opening line. But his clothing was spectacular. This was a business meeting with a group of people he's never met before representing the biggest Client he will ever have had a sniff of.

He had on what I can only describe as knee length bondage cargo pants, and a checked shirt, only done up at the collar, giving it a sort of cape effect.

Now, we should have known better, I wasn't expecting boring normal. But unfortunately, he was also utterly clueless and didn't even understand half of the very basic questions we asked him (he had to ask what pre fabrication meant). From memory the first four words of every answer he gave were 'yeah, yeah, cool, so...'

----

I have very liberal views on what people wear, and it was summer, and it was Hoxton and it involved the words 'concept architect', but yeah, yeah, cool, sooo...didn't get the job.

Doubtless I will eventually see him in some Sunday Supplement in front of some installation that's made him a millionaire.

Edited by chrisp65
ever of had!
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

a checked shirt, only done up at the collar, giving it a sort of cape effect.

...With nothing underneath? Please tell me he didn't have his arms in the sleeves. :lol:

Edited by Davkaus

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

On the topic of fashion, I think I've mentioned it before but we had a meeting with a 'concept architect' in our Hoxton office.

The meeting was everything you'd expect it to be from that opening line. But his clothing was spectacular. This was a business meeting with a group of people he's never met before representing the biggest Client he will ever have had a sniff of.

He had on what I can only describe as knee length bondage cargo pants, and a checked shirt, only done up at the collar, giving it a sort of cape effect.

Now, we should have known better, I wasn't expecting boring normal. But unfortunately, he was also utterly clueless and didn't even understand half of the very basic questions we asked him (he had to ask what pre fabrication meant). From memory the first four words of every answer he gave were 'yeah, yeah, cool, so...'

----

I have very liberal views on what people wear, and it was summer, and it was Hoxton and it involved the words 'concept architect', but yeah, yeah, cool, sooo...didn't get the job.

Doubtless I will eventually see him in some Sunday Supplement in front of some installation that's made him a millionaire.

What were his reactions like when you threw the jug of water at him?  You did throw the jug didn't you?

• Like 2

Bring back the cape! I want to swish mine when making a dramatic exit from an inn after too may flagons of mead!

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

Bring back the cape! I want to swish mine when making a dramatic exit from an inn after too may flagons of mead!

34805830.jpg

• Like 3

Â