Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Ohh breakfasts. Had an Irish breakfast in Dublin over the last weekend.. white pudding - yes it's nice, but it's just a shittier quality haggis.  Sorry Ireland.

Scots win, haggis > white pud.

The order then, is;

Haggis > Black pud > White pud*

*This could be because it was from a low quality cafe in Templebar, I'm sure you can get really nice white pud, but from my experience, even cheap black pud is better.

You got a wrong'un then.  White pudding is the poodle's privates (no, not literally :P).  Far better than black pudding.  I eat both, but white is king.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

You got a wrong'un then.  White pudding is the poodle's privates (no, not literally :P).  Far better than black pudding.  I eat both, but white is king.

Pudding racist!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Cameron is the nephew of former Villa chairman Sir William Dugdale who took him to his first ever game as a 13-year-old.

And Cameron himself, in parliament, as documented by Hansard (and as  linked in my other post), and under parliamentary rules about telling the truth* said he was not a football fan.

*yes, yes, I know

Sharapova caught doping .....yet fellow players and fans show support 

Racquet maker head who are extending her contract quoted  "a role model and woman of integrity who has inspired millions of fans around the world to play and watch tennis".

**** sake .....

i know what she's taken but im not sure what it was in, ive only skimmed over it but i thought she's taken something that contained something banned and not bothered checking

whenever that happens i think of that bloke at the winter olympics who lost his medal cos a vicks nose spray in that country contained something that it didnt in the UK

She will in all likelyhood have known the (positive) effects of the drug.  But, the bloody thing WAS LEGAL.  And it was known by the governing body.  It wasn't some mystery substance.  So it was being taken right in front of their faces.  In that sense it was not cheating, albeit being taken in very convenient circumstances.

Her problem is the bullshit excuse she gave, pretending by implication not to know the positive effects.  She should've just stopped taking it in December and moved on to the next legal PED.  She has unnecessarily shone a light on herself and now looks a bit silly.

There is probably more to come out on this, but I do think on a scale of 1-10 on the basis that it was a legal drug,  it's nowhere near the same degree as a Ben Johnson.

To be fair to her she held her hand up, did a press conference saying that she had failed a test, didn't bother with getting a B sample tested as she knew she had been taking it for ten years while it was legal.  Surely her medical records and previous tests can say whether she is telling the truth or not, and if she is I think her ban would be a fairly light one.

30 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

She's fit.  Let her off.

This ...

I did see one of the papers went for the race angle and said imagine if it was Sernea Williams and would everyone be so forgiving  .... Their argument falls flat on the fact everyone knows Serena is a man and yet turns a blind eye to it 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I really don't think I'd ever not have a drink because I've taken a pill that states it can't be mixed with alcohol. They're always so OTT with these instructions.

I was taking medication once and had a works xmas do 

I woke up in hospital having been found on the railway line at London Bridge station where I appear to have toppled off the platform

even after countless glasses of champagne , tequila slammers , B-52's , sambucca and a rake of beer ... It was definitely the medicine that caused it :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I really don't think I'd ever not have a drink because I've taken a pill that states it can't be mixed with alcohol. They're always so OTT with these instructions.

This is incredibly stupid. You might be ok, in the same way you might be alright if you drive your car in to a brick wall. There's a very real chance of serious organ damage or death as a result of mixing otherwise safe doses of over the counter medicines with alcohol.

Bit late but just to weigh in to the black vs white pudding debate. From my limited experience of white I'd take black every time but would agree with Lapal that maybe the quality I had wasn't great.

All said though I'd take Morcilla (Spanish blood sausage) over both of them. It's basically black pudding but slightly sweeter.

It is bleeding delicious.

Ba dum rush.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I was taking medication once and had a works xmas do 

I woke up in hospital having been found on the railway line at London Bridge station where I appear to have toppled off the platform

even after countless glasses of champagne , tequila slammers , B-52's , sambucca and a rake of beer ... It was definitely the medicine that caused it :)

I also 'fell' foul of a medication.  To this day I've never had an antibiotic, but I did need a powerful painkiller about a decade ago, and my legs basically went from under me in a club after my first drink as the 2 introduced themselves in my stomach.  I can't for the life of me remember the name of the painkiller* as it's not one readily available or even normally prescribed as a first port of call.  But there are definitely combinations which do not work at all well.  I subsequently went to a more powerful painkiller which definitely precluded visiting nightclubs (and driving, for that matter).

* Distalgesic

58 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This is incredibly stupid. You might be ok, in the same way you might be alright if you drive your car in to a brick wall. There's a very real chance of serious organ damage or death as a result of mixing otherwise safe doses of over the counter medicines with alcohol.

Death is coming regardless !

Codeine and Scotch FTW!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

This ...

I did see one of the papers went for the race angle and said imagine if it was Sernea Williams and would everyone be so forgiving  .... Their argument falls flat on the fact everyone knows Serena is a man and yet turns a blind eye to it 

I find Serena sexy, myself.

• Like 1

The whole "dr" luke Vs Kesha thing ......it seems he`s already been convicted through trial by media.

Innocent or guilty he`s career wont be the same during or after the verdict 

Yep, someone else gave her a load of cash and posted some nice messages = he's guilty as ****

Â