Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I have been up since 2am with a stomach thing. Obligatory diarrhoea and I've vomited twice, the most violent vomiting I've ever experienced. It doesn't help that I've got a bit of a chest cold as well as having restless leg syndrome from leg day yesterday!

Should all piss me off maybe, but fine people get ill, big deal. What does piss me off is that I had this meeting today with a client and her designers regarding their office cabling. She's fit, not just ordinary fit, like that Zooey Whatsername what CED likes level of fitness.

I had a great chance to show my feathers in front of her and now it's gone. That was my shot with her I think.

Damn you Whole Foods pasta bake.

I have been up since 2am with a stomach thing. Obligatory diarrhoea and I've vomited twice, the most violent vomiting I've ever experienced. It doesn't help that I've got a bit of a chest cold as well as having restless leg syndrome from leg day yesterday!

Should all piss me off maybe, but fine people get ill, big deal. What does piss me off is that I had this meeting today with a client and her designers regarding their office cabling. She's fit, not just ordinary fit, like that Zooey Whatsername what CED likes level of fitness.

I had a great chance to show my feathers in front of her and now it's gone. That was my shot with her I think.

Damn you Whole Foods pasta bake.

serves you right

nobody ever got ill eating  sausages dipped in dripping :P

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Just been for my Friday KFC treat

I don't think I heard a single person say the word "Please" when they placed their order , few did at least say Thank You when they were given their order but most of them just grunted or walked off

is it really that difficult to show a bit of courtesy ?

I don't think I heard a single person say the word "Please" when they placed their order , few did at least say Thank You when they were given their order but most of them just grunted or walked off

Well first off, it's Thursday.

Secondly, yep I absolutely hate people without manners - it cost nothing to show a bit of respect and class.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

Well first off, it's Thursday.

Secondly, yep I absolutely hate people without manners - it cost nothing to show a bit of respect and class.

yeah just found that out when i was talking to someone about playing football tomorrow ( Sat)  .. no idea how I've lost a day

bonus though  , means I can go again tomorrow now 

People who oppose environmental and workplace reforms on the basis of "but this will cost jobs", as though jobs are a finite commodity.

I admit I'm someone who's never really been unemployed, but a lot of potentially good things have been quashed thanks to right-wing blue collar workers' obsequious and servile fear of The Man.

Two (edit: three) examples:

Blue collar workers in the US: as a rule they don't want to know about unions. Consequence: two weeks paid holiday per year, if you're lucky, and I could go on about the presumptuous and demanding hiring practices in the US (and, increasingly, the UK for that matter).

Australia's carbon tax: (Small short-term impact on the coal industry, huge potential for encouraging green technologies, giving Australia both the moral high ground and potentially a very productive lead in green technology.) Right-wing government gets voted in, bye-bye carbon tax - it costs jobs, you know.

Edit: I almost forgot: Apartheid: Conceived for the benefit of, and perpetuated by, white right-wing blue collar workers. The "we don't want them taking our jobs" mentality.

I know I'm maybe being a bit controversial here, but I like to think I'd rather sign on than take the kind of job that's brought about by scrapping unions or carbon taxes.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

It was KFC, aka chav church. What did you expect?

the chavs won't have got out of bed by then , these were typical Jo public on their lunch breaks ... one bloke in a suit even got his order and said " where's my drink " in a tone that suggested he was barking orders at a dog ...

People with no hood or umbrella who duck in the rain. It makes no difference.

I've said this one before but when it's hammering down and people decide to run to their destination, if it's raining that hard if doesn't matter if your outside for 30 seconds or 30 minutes

I've said this one before but when it's hammering down and people decide to run to their destination, if it's raining that hard if doesn't matter if your outside for 30 seconds or 30 minutes
Once you get to your destination you can dry though. Shirley you would want to get there sooner?

Once you get to your destination you can dry though. Shirley you would want to get there sooner?
If Billy Whizz taught me anything in my childhood years ,it's that if you run fast enough you can weave in and out of the raindrops

Â