Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

yeah my grandad hates xmas now my gran passed a few years back and i feel more empty because i always spent xmas up there from the day i was born. but its still my favourite time of year not because of the gift giving but i just like the whole xmas feel and vibe. as CED pointed out though its a struggle for a lot of families and thats a shame.

When I was younger around Xmas time me and my mate would always go on a week long session, to the point my mom and dad didn't know if I was alive or dead, they just let me get on with it after a few years of it though, they just expected me to book a week off work and disappear

Christmas is just a day for everyone to turn into a functioning alcoholic.

Good thing is that I eat so much that it soaks up the booze and I have a whole day of that lovely happy fuzzy tipsy feeling without the nasty side effects. Then the Boxing Day Test match starts which is an excuse to stay up for another few hours eating my body weight in Twiglets and Mini Cheddars with more wine. I **** love Christmas come to think of it.

• Like 1

Christmas is just a day for everyone to turn into a functioning alcoholic.

Good thing is that I eat so much that it soaks up the booze and I have a whole day of that lovely happy fuzzy tipsy feeling without the nasty side effects. Then the Boxing Day Test match starts which is an excuse to stay up for another few hours eating my body weight in Twiglets and Mini Cheddars with more wine. I **** love Christmas come to think of it.
This is pretty much my Xmas.

Except for the t*st m*tch bollocks, obviously.

• Like 1

Oh that's another one I hate, the works do, apparently I'm a real bastard because I choose to stay at home with a bottle of vodka rather than go out and get Mullered with everyone I don't like

Definitely with you on that one.

As I work for myself I get invited to quite a few Xmas parties by different clients. They always look so crestfallen when I decline the offer.

I've always tried to keep a decent distance between my personal life and work, and me staggering around at the end of the night attempting the old 'elephant impression' with a sprig of mistletoe attached to my belt probably wouldn't help the cause.

• Like 1

Katie Hopkins. Why is this vile troll given the time of day? How has she managed to build a media career? Why hasn't she been burnt at the stake yet?

Can't like this enough. It speaks volumes about the superficial celebrity culture that exists today that this kind of scum is listened to at all, let alone publicised.

Oh that's another one I hate, the works do, apparently I'm a real bastard because I choose to stay at home with a bottle of vodka rather than go out and get Mullered with everyone I don't like

Same. Last Xmas do I went on was 6 years ago and that ended up with a table of people discussing work. **** that.

I have no idea who Katie Hopkins is. I assume this is a good thing.

She was a contestant on The Apprentice a few years ago and is now a columnist for The Sun. She basically gets in the newspaper, on TV or online and spouts her frankly ludicrous elitist and racist opinions where the rest of the papers and online publications write about how ridiculous she is, which only serves to make her more and more famous, which, ironically, I am doing right now.

I don't often drop the c-bomb, but she is most definitely an absolute and utter c-bomb.

• Like 2

She was on this morning a year or so ago having a go at parents who give their kids geographical names, like Brooklyn or Paris

Then Phil Schofield asked her why she called her child India.

She's a massive ****.

Ah, OK. Never watch The Apprentice, never read The Sun, so that explains it.

I don't either, but alas I'm obviously not as lucky as your good self, and have been unable to avoid her for as long as you've managed to. For bringing her to your attention, I can only apologise. 

Â