Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Like most offices in the country, ours had the 'original' idea of getting each team in the building to pick a world cup team out of a hat, and decorate their desks and office area with stuff to represent that football team.

My team got Brazil, so we're doing the whole flag/ bunting thing. One of the guys was going to buy an inflatable Christ the Redeemer from ebay for a few quid. But then an older guy in our team, questioned whether it was 'PC'.. because of what it represents, and the different religions that we have in the building.

Utter nonsense. It's the image that most represents Brazil, in my opinion. The religion it represents shouldn't even come into the discussion.

I don't walk around the office, telling people who are religious to hide religiously-related items, because I'm an atheist.

It need not be offensive if you decorate it properly.

daily_cartoon_20140608.jpg

• Like 1

Like most offices in the country, ours had the 'original' idea of getting each team in the building to pick a world cup team out of a hat, and decorate their desks and office area with stuff to represent that football team.

My team got Brazil, so we're doing the whole flag/ bunting thing. One of the guys was going to buy an inflatable Christ the Redeemer from ebay for a few quid. But then an older guy in our team, questioned whether it was 'PC'.. because of what it represents, and the different religions that we have in the building.

Utter nonsense. It's the image that most represents Brazil, in my opinion. The religion it represents shouldn't even come into the discussion.

I don't walk around the office, telling people who are religious to hide religiously-related items, because I'm an atheist.

if someone suggested that in my office , id get 3 or 4  C the Redeemer statues and put them all over the building  and nail anyone that was offended by it to a cross for good measure

• Like 1

The daft thing is, the old(er) guy who raised the issue, is fairly modern in his thinking. He's in his 50s, married a Nigerian woman 30 odd years ago and adopted an Indian girl (who also works here) about 5 years ago.

I think he's just asking to be cautious, as he doesn't want anyone being offended. But the fact that he even raised it as an issue, made it an issue.

It shouldn't even be questioned, I don't think.

It'd be like a team chosing India as their country. No-one would get offended if they had a picture of the Taj Mahal (sp?)

It's just an imagine, to me.

It raises a good point, though. 

The Vatican is an independent state, so I see no reason why they couldn't be a member of FIFA and enter a team. I wonder if they have one?

John Paul II (the Polish one) was supposed to have been a decent goalie. 

Â