Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Has anyone in the world ever actually read an instruction manual ?

the mere acknowledgement of them , like  stopping and asking for directions is a slight on ones manliness surely ?

Manuals should only be consulted as a last resort.

This is why I'm not bothering to write one for my time machine.

23938.strip.gif

• Like 2

Has anyone in the world ever actually read an instruction manual ?

the mere acknowledgement of them , like stopping and asking for directions is a slight on ones manliness surely ?

Manuals should only be consulted as a last resort.

This is why I'm not bothering to write one for my time machine.

23938.strip.gif
When I worked in IT I wouldn't start my working day until I'd read the Daily Dilbert

Haven't checked the website for years , must do that tomorrow

Also the way that these **** computers at work wont allow me to post in normal sized font on this forum

oh it **** works on the little post that I make but the **** essay I typed out comes out tiny

just about sums the start of my day up

Edited by leemond2008
  • Like 1

I have a kid, she is grown up, she causes me much consternation, that all said I have never felt the need to talk about her all day every day, I never got into that swapping stories thing that fathers get into, more importantly and this is the crux of things that piss you off that shouldnt I do not give a flying **** about other peoples kids, do not talk to me about your child, I do not care about them, I do not want to hear that they are teething, that they keep you awake at night, that their shit smells, nothing. I am vocal about this, but still people inflict tales of their pride and joy upon me. Someone once said to me, kids are like farts, you dont mind your own.

I used to sit opposite a woman at work who was obsessed by her kid.

She used to spend half the work day doing her kid's school prjects, and then boasting about the good marks HER KID got for that work.

It's because you did it for her you mug!

Then she said her kid had started taking up the stuff you need to do for the modern pentathlon in the olympics.

This was in 2010, and her kid was 11 at the time.

She said "Yeah she really wants to be in the olympics, and I'm going to push her and I'm sure she can make it"

So I humoured her and said "great, so I'll look out for her in , like, 2020, maybe 2016?"

"no!" she said. "She'll make it for 2012 in London!"

As far as I know, she didn't compete.

• Like 2

When sales people try and chat you up. I'm not more likely to buy from you because you insincerely complimented me.

I've just come from a meeting where when a guy got my business card he said 'Ahhh 'Laura'... That just proves my theory that everyone called Laura is attractive.'

Do one.

• Like 1

When sales people try and chat you up. I'm not more likely to buy from you because you insincerely complimented me.

I've just come from a meeting where when a guy got my business card he said 'Ahhh 'Laura'... That just proves my theory that everyone called Laura is attractive.'

Do one.

He probably thinks he's being really charming, when in actual fact it comes across as sexist, patronising shite.

I went to get a coffee at work once with a girl I worked with.

Guy in front of us was one of the engineers we looked after and as he was leaving he spotted her and said to his mate, so that she could hear and quite deliberately

"Oh there's that lovely looking girl, Daljeet. I've been telling my friend here how lovely you are!"

It was so pervy, but I bet he thought he was being really nice.

• Like 2

Do one.

That's some serious punch in the face stuff right there. Would have been funnier if he'd have done it on the phone though.

"Right. So....you're watching me? Enjoy the restraining order you're about to get"

• Like 1

It scares me that when you have kids they literally become all you are capable of thinking or talking about.  Puts me right off.

It's only sad bastards with no life apart from their offspring that do this.

I know someone on FB that has one child and it's all she ever goes on about. "Like and share this if you love your son"..."like and share this if your son is the best thing in your life" etc etc.

It's because she's married to a rocket polisher who she hates but won't leave because of the kid.

• Like 1

It's a funny one the whole kids thing. Members of my family, and kids of close friends aside, I couldn't give a shit about hearing stories about them / seeing pictures of them etc. Even then I only sometimes feign interest. That said, people who talk about their pets in the same way are even worse! There's a woman who sits near me, and she never shuts up about her bloody dogs. To make matters worse, she talks about them as if they're human. "Oh my dog thinks it's hilarious when such and such happens". No it doesn't it's a ******* dog!

• Like 1

Psychometric tests. I have to complete a verbal reasoning test for an application I have made, and, having done the practice test, I am thoroughly crapping myself. You get 60 seconds per question, which does not seem like nearly enough considering the huge paragraph of gibberish you have to read through to glean the answer. My results came back ok but not good enough, I fear. Anybody have any experience of taking this sort of test? Any advice?

Â