Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Sarah Chalke, Sandi Toksvig, Michelle Gomez, Jennifer Aniston, Katherine Parkinson, Jessica Hynes/Stevenson, Amanda Abbington, Olivia Colman, Jo Brand... there's loads of funny women.

I'm unfamiliar with Jennifer Aniston's stand up routine ....

Jo Brand was funny for about 13 minutes back in the early 90's I think

Who said anything about stand up? It was about being funny in general. I don't find any stand up funny in general, does one have to be good at stand up to be funny?

Yes

Do much stand up do ya? ;)

The ratio of men in the entertainment industry to women is far far FAR greater, so you can't really say that.

There is a reason for that.

Yup, and its name is patriarchal society.

Edited by Ginko

The ratio of men in the entertainment industry to women is far far FAR greater, so you can't really say that.

Yup, and it's name is patriarchal society.

That and men are far far FAR funnier.

Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Sarah Chalke, Sandi Toksvig, Michelle Gomez, Jennifer Aniston, Katherine Parkinson, Jessica Hynes/Stevenson, Amanda Abbington, Olivia Colman, Jo Brand... there's loads of funny women.

I'm unfamiliar with Jennifer Aniston's stand up routine ....

Jo Brand was funny for about 13 minutes back in the early 90's I think

Who said anything about stand up? It was about being funny in general. I don't find any stand up funny in general, does one have to be good at stand up to be funny?
Yes

Do much stand up do ya? ;)

I usually get called up on stage as a stand in after the female comedian has been pelted off with rotten fruit 7 seconds into her act :P

If you say so, obviously humour is a subjective thing but I don't know how anyone can go round stating that one sex is funnier than the other. Surely, like most things, it's down to the individual rather than any group they're put into like gender or race? 

Yup, and it's name is patriarchal society.

That and men are far far FAR funnier.

Not true. Look at me.

• Like 2

Pfft, I did that years ago.

Conversely, when are you and Tony going to flex your muscles, chug a beer, go to a strip club and piss all over your doorstep to mark your territory? ;)

Edited by Ginko

Conversely, when are you and Tony going to flex your muscles, chug a beer, go to a strip club and piss all over your doorstep to mark your territory? ;)

Right after we rip some old phone books in half.

Right after MrsH29 has ironed me a shirt ...

If you say so, obviously humour is a subjective thing but I don't know how anyone can go round stating that one sex is funnier than the other. Surely, like most things, it's down to the individual rather than any group they're put into like gender or race? 

Men are funnier, women are sexier.  there you go, 1-1.

It doesn't piss me off, it just makes me shudder a bit when I see people talking on the phone and using their shoulder to hold their mobile to their ear. It was fine with cheap, old house phones but it makes a me panic a bit watching people do that with their expensive smartphones.

I went up the Empire State building a few years back and got the same feeling watching people put their cameras through the bars to take photos, there was loads of them.

• Like 1

Â