Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Saw a Facebook video doing the rounds of some wannabe gangsta (maybe) Indian lads, waiting for there pal to come out the gates after jail time. They pull up in 3 lambourghinis all masked up and pop open a expensive bottle of bubbly right outside to celebrate his release.

Now forgive me if I'm wrong, but Im sure those lads have not purchased 3 250k lambos with money from there job at Aldi, especially since they are also covering there faces. So maybe it would be a good idea for the police to investigate them, knowing they are pals with a newly released criminal.

Same at Asian weddings, the long procession of high end cars. All of them should be investigated as clearly they would be purchased from the proceeds of crime. 

8 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Saw a Facebook video doing the rounds of some wannabe gangsta (maybe) Indian lads, waiting for there pal to come out the gates after jail time. They pull up in 3 lambourghinis all masked up and pop open a expensive bottle of bubbly right outside to celebrate his release.

Now forgive me if I'm wrong, but Im sure those lads have not purchased 3 250k lambos with money from there job at Aldi, especially since they are also covering there faces. So maybe it would be a good idea for the police to investigate them, knowing they are pals with a newly released criminal.

You know you can hire cars, right? 

• Like 2

The meet n greet outside the prison gates is a daily occurrence.

All sorts of people in all sorts of cars will be out there. This will include friends, family, enemies, and of course the police. The number of people arrested on release is really quite high. The police know where they are, and it prevents one sentence being run parallel with another.

I think since the Winston Kodogo episode, policing these days has expanded beyond just exclusively shaking down black kids in flash cars. Although I’m sure Bianca Williams would have some comment on that.

20 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

The fact that Mother's Day is in the football season.  Far too much unecessary grief caused. 

Celebrate Polish Mother's day in May like me :D 

On 04/03/2024 at 09:54, rodders0223 said:

I've played football since forever , it's one constant in my life that has always made me feel good, I've never ever not enjoyed kicking a ball.

Anyways, I'm late 30s I've had bad injuries and that and haven't played in nearly 6 months.

What's staggering is, the amount of people who seem to take joy or poke fun at the fact you can't do something you enjoy anymore.

"Well you are getting old." " Isn't it time you retired anyway."

Yeah I've loved kicking a ball since I could walk but lol I can't do it anymore. It's saved me from depression, substance abuse probably (knowing my family), it's made me friends and gave me a reason to get out the house when every weekend.

But lol banter. You can't do it no more.

Similar but different. I had a 9 month break due to an ankle injury that couldn't get better.

My wife's family were basically saying 'why do something that just hurts you?' and rolling their eyes if I came back with any sort of knock.

People just don't get that it's a passion.

On 04/03/2024 at 09:30, rodders0223 said:

I guess it's about time I grew up and become a fat middle aged depressed alcoholic like everyone else.

Jokes on you, I'm not middle aged ;)

On 27/02/2024 at 12:43, Stevo985 said:

This kind of behaviour is far more prevalent in adults (boomers) than kids in my experience.

Not the use of tiktok, but the watching of videos and the likes in public with the volume up.

Younger people don't do that. Ok some dickheads do, but that's usually music. The kind of people who think everyone will be impressed by the music they listen to.
But listening to videos etc out loud, that's a boomer thing

Anecdotally calling nah Stevo. Just back from a weekend away had to ask a young adult to turn her volume off on the train back last night listening to some K-pop really loud (at least she apologised and turned it off.......until she put it back on really quiet presuming no one would notice and having fished around in her bag seemingly for headphones she didn't have - and on the plane a kid was watching some film or other with loads of explosions and machine guns etc and it was hilariously loud. He kept being asked by various people around him to turn it down/off or wear headphones. I have a funny feeling that kids wireless headphones had run out of battery, so F**k everyone else or something. The really annoying thing was his parents sat over the aisle from him (with headphones on) were aware of all this and could see people getting wound up by him and turning round time after time to ask his kid to stop with the selfish noise pollution and predictably did absolutely nothing. Like my 9 year old nephew though the addiction is strong innit so he would turn it down for a few minutes and then was seemingly unable to not just turn it back up a few moments later. I'd guess about 15/16 year old or something near that. Wires might be annoying but cables don't crash.

Very self motivated people or something. Also addicted to their phones I'd wager.

Posted (edited)

As someone who lives in that there London, and neither owns nor wants a car, I spend a lot of time on public transport. Playing music or watching endless videos out loud on speaker cuts across all ages, all cultures. They're all around us and you never know who it's going to be. 

Edited by Anthony

A while back I was out walking down a fairly quiet street and these two young guys (late teens/early twenties) were walking towards me, one with his music reasonably loud.

As they got closer, completely unprompted, the one lad turned the music all the way down while we passed each other. Now, being several paces away from them, he put the volume back up.

One for the cheer you up thread really. Some folk will do as they do but are capable of being aware of their surroundings.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I saw a video the other day where a guy was leaving prison and this other guy in a dark suit and dodgy looking hat only came and picked him up in an old bloody POLICE car. The pair of them looked well dodgy with big dark sunglasses obviously trying to conceal their faces.  Both smoking as well. 

Had some cool music playing on the video though. Non of this modern shite @Seat68is so keen on. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I saw a video the other day where a guy was leaving prison and this other guy in a dark suit and dodgy looking hat only came and picked him up in an old bloody POLICE car. The pair of them looked well dodgy with big dark sunglasses obviously trying to conceal their faces.  Both smoking as well. 

Had some cool music playing on the video though. 

Did the car have a lot of pickup?

• Like 1

O2, what a useless bunch of clunge drippings.

Can't talk to them via online chat as they direct to an app.

App does not work.

Agent takes 35 minutes to pick up then informs that systems are down and will be for two hours..

Well **** you O2, I've already joined Lebara and now we are cancelling the wife's mobile account because you're shit and won't even talk to us.

How do these clowns make any money? Utter rubbish.

Oh and I'm only with them because they bought out Virgin Mobile (who I was with for years and didn't have a single problem).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The far more annoying thing for me these days is the amount of people (generally younger) who have phone calls with their phone on speaker.

I don't get it.

And they'll be holding it out directly in front of their gobs, apprentice-style. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, choffer said:

And they'll be holding it out directly in front of their gobs, apprentice-style. 

Yeah, there’s a generation who don’t know how to hold a phone properly. Often holding the speaker at the bottom of the handset to their ear with it on loud speaker.

When you are in a Directors meeting and make a hilarious quip at your boss's expense just as your connection glitches. Ten seconds later you reconnect and you don't know if they found it funny or if you're getting a call from HR. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Anecdotally calling nah Stevo. Just back from a weekend away had to ask a young adult to turn her volume off on the train back last night listening to some K-pop really loud (at least she apologised and turned it off.......until she put it back on really quiet presuming no one would notice and having fished around in her bag seemingly for headphones she didn't have - and on the plane a kid was watching some film or other with loads of explosions and machine guns etc and it was hilariously loud. He kept being asked by various people around him to turn it down/off or wear headphones. I have a funny feeling that kids wireless headphones had run out of battery, so F**k everyone else or something. The really annoying thing was his parents sat over the aisle from him (with headphones on) were aware of all this and could see people getting wound up by him and turning round time after time to ask his kid to stop with the selfish noise pollution and predictably did absolutely nothing. Like my 9 year old nephew though the addiction is strong innit so he would turn it down for a few minutes and then was seemingly unable to not just turn it back up a few moments later. I'd guess about 15/16 year old or something near that. Wires might be annoying but cables don't crash.

Very self motivated people or something. Also addicted to their phones I'd wager.

Music I definitely agree that's a young person thing.

But I've seen plenty of older people watching videos out loud, seemingly oblivious that other people can hear it

Â