Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I guess it shouldn't because they're getting into the game and it's how they enjoy it, but... when you get people constantly shouting out instructions at the players. Just shut up. The players know how to play, they're probably following the manager's instructions and they're not going to be following the instructions of some random in in the stands anyway. Also, if you're going to keep shouting out to one player in particular, at least get their name right...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The joy of a Christmas tree is the chaos.  The multi-coloured nonsense, some shite crafts that the kids have made, different "sets" of baubles all together and some randomly placed treats.

If the baubles cause the branches to drop too severely then I can get on board with what you're saying, but I don't want a "stylish" or uniformed tree at all.

Yep, I'm always dangling my massive baubles on the bottom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I think I've put this exact thing in this thread before.

I follow "Old Pics of Brum" on Facebook. It's a great group, loads of really interesting old photos. But ever single photo is full of comments "Oh it was better back then"

There was a photo of the old new street station "Looked so much nicer back then" Did it? Did it really Barbara?!

The best one was a photo of a kid in Balsall Heath from like the 50's or 60's. He was clearly living in poverty, dressed in tatty clothes and had bow legs so was suffering from rickets or something.
One of the comments was "The world would be a better place if more people grew up like this"

What, the world would be a better place if more kids grew up in poverty with sever vitamin deficiencies? Would it? Wouldn't that mean, by definition, that the world was a worse place? 

Don't worry. We're getting there. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

The joy of a Christmas tree is the chaos.  The multi-coloured nonsense, some shite crafts that the kids have made, different "sets" of baubles all together and some randomly placed treats.

If the baubles cause the branches to drop too severely then I can get on board with what you're saying, but I don't want a "stylish" or uniformed tree at all.

blackbook-write.gif

47 minutes ago, villaajax said:

I guess it shouldn't because they're getting into the game and it's how they enjoy it, but... when you get people constantly shouting out instructions at the players. Just shut up. The players know how to play, they're probably following the manager's instructions and they're not going to be following the instructions of some random in in the stands anyway. Also, if you're going to keep shouting out to one player in particular, at least get their name right...

We all do it. Although I tend to mostly mutter my 'instructions' sotto voce rather than shouting them. 

Unless I'm watching on TV, then I'll shout at the top of my lungs - my missus can always tell how the match is going. :)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, villaajax said:

All right. No need to give me instructions on how to watch football. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We all do it. Although I tend to mostly mutter my 'instructions' sotto voce rather than shouting them. 

Unless I'm watching on TV, then I'll shout at the top of my lungs - my missus can always tell how the match is going. :)

We do, but not from kick off and all through the game... right?

3 hours ago, villaajax said:

Related :D 

• Haha 3

New St Station related gripes

- The down escalators always broken. People, me included, still go down them, but the steps are just a little bit too big for my stubby legs, so I always feel as though I'll fall! 

- Mouthbreathers standing at the ticket gates with their phone in their hands looking for their e-ticket. Get the **** out of the way you spunkstains. Bring it up before you get there. Feel like kicking them in the back. I never do as I'm a nice guy really ;)

- i'm sympathetic to the homeless, but there are some aggressive and quite intimidating ones around the station entrance and they can be drunk/high and harassing people as early as 7am. One threatened to 'smash my head in' because I wouldn't give him any cash.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

Where on the tree should the Satanist decorations go?

Satanic 'Hail Santa' Christmas tree faces blowback for display at Wisconsin museum

The tree belonging to the Satanic Temple was adorned with red lighting and beads, pentagrams, and various ornaments, with one reading, "Hail Santa,"

Satanic Christmas tree (foxnews.com)

11 hours ago, Xela said:

- Mouthbreathers standing at the ticket gates with their phone in their hands looking for their e-ticket. Get the **** out of the way you spunkstains. Bring it up before you get there. Feel like kicking them in the back. I never do as I'm a nice guy really ;)

Infuriating. You can add people wondering why their ticket won't work when they're trying to go through the gate with the MASSIVE RED X IN BRIGHT LED'S ON IT!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Infuriating. You can add people wondering why their ticket won't work when they're trying to go through the gate with the MASSIVE RED X IN BRIGHT LED'S ON IT!!!!!

It's the exact same problem as waiting behind people in shops, "that'll be £13 please".

"Ohh, just let me stop standing doing absolutely nothing so I can fumble around looking for a card/cash to pay with"

Like they don't expect to pay?  

It adds 30 seconds to every bastard transaction.  I'm like a frickin' leopard waiting to pounce my card off the top of that machine - its my prey. 

• Haha 1

Going back to GP bookings, if you phone ours, you get a message saying "Press 1 for secretary, press 2 for reception". 

And what, pray, is the difference? 

Edited by mjmooney

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Infuriating. The London version is people at the tube gates trying to use their phones. Card? Dead quick. Phone? Well, when there's a queue, it's ALWAYS someone **** about with their phone and looking confused, or pointing the end of their phone at the reader and it being slow to work. The NFC chip is on the back, not the end you wankpuffins. Put it flat and it takes milliseconds. Use the end and it takes 3 our four seconds. Multiply by 100 people getting of the tube and it's **** annoying, made more annoying because it's completely avoidable. clearings in the woods.

Edited by Anthony
Typos
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

It's the exact same problem as waiting behind people in shops, "that'll be £13 please".

"Ohh, just let me stop standing doing absolutely nothing so I can fumble around looking for a card/cash to pay with"

Like they don't expect to pay?  

It adds 30 seconds to every bastard transaction.  I'm like a frickin' leopard waiting to pounce my card off the top of that machine - its my prey. 

Needs Cilla Black there. Surprise Surprise! You actually have to pay for this. Wankpuffins.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Going back to GP bookings, if you phone ours, you get a message saying "Press 1 for secretary, press 2 for reception". 

And what, pray, is the difference? 

Probably about 4 or 5k.

• Like 3

Â