Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

Clear white top on the milk screams B&M Bargains

In fact clear white top on the milk mildly infuriates me.

Dunno about your posh Waitrose, but in my experience pretty much everybody sells them with white tops now. Morrisons switched from green to white about a year ago - it's because white plastic is much more widely recyclable than coloured. Fine with me. I just wish they'd sort out the foil tab business. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Dunno about your posh Waitrose, but in my experience pretty much everybody sells them with white tops now. Morrisons switched from green to white about a year ago - it's because white plastic is much more widely recyclable than coloured. Fine with me. I just wish they'd sort out the foil tab business. 

Don't shop in Waitrose much these days it's miles away. The problem is in work, because we tend to buy our milk in B&M as its the closest cheap shop but we''ll buy full fat and semi and it's quite difficult to work out which is which in the office fridge until you pull it out

I really just want to pull my semi out if at all possible

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Genie said:

I absolutely hate people like that. I had a boss like that, but he also used to be in a stupid o’clock in the morning and tell everyone how he saw the sun rise from the office desk. 6am or earlier he’d get in. 

Someone genuinely once told him to get a life in front of a room full of people in a meeting :lol: 

Its true though. No one is impressed. I get in early as it suits me. I want an empty(ish) train and to have my breakfast when I get to work. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

There's a guy in my team always working late, always taking his laptop on holiday always logging in on a Sunday.

I do pretty much the same tasks but in a much larger volume and I Google half the day.

It's not a sign you're a grafter , it's a sign your incompetent mate.

Or your in the wrong job.

I remember my director telling me one Monday morning in a meeting, he had sent me a Email on Sunday and I didn't reply. I just gave him that look, luckly he just laughed it off.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

There's a guy in my team always working late, always taking his laptop on holiday always logging in on a Sunday.

I do pretty much the same tasks but in a much larger volume and I Google half the day.

It's not a sign you're a grafter , it's a sign your incompetent mate.

If someone working for me was doing stuff like that I’d be asking him in his 1:1 why he is so bad at planning his work (if he needed some help etc). 

If he said his work was manageable then I’d tell him I didn’t want to see him regularly working late or at weekends.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bickster said:

Clear white top on the milk screams B&M Bargains

In fact clear white top on the milk mildly infuriates me.

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Yep, they're all white now for recycling reasons. 

51 minutes ago, Genie said:

If someone working for me was doing stuff like that I’d be asking him in his 1:1 why he is so bad at planning his work (if he needed some help etc). 

If he said his work was manageable then I’d tell him I didn’t want to see him regularly working late or at weekends.

100%. It should be a rare occurrence as needed.  If that's a daily routine either something is wrong, the workload is totally unmanageable or they're a bullshitter. 

That says it amazes me when you look at some people go about their work and use IT in such a caggy handed way. I'm often showing people how to do something quicker. 

I'm no IT expert whatsoever, quite the opposite in fact but there is a lot of stuff word, excel and outlook can do that so many people seem ignorant of. 

• Like 2

Trains were an absolute nightmare today. 

Had to get into work by 9.00 for the start of a training course.  A compulsory one they've made a song and dance about. 

Bloody train I was aiming for from Hall Green was cancelled. 

Saw that one left from Acocks Green that would have got me there only a couple of minutes late.   Turns out the one before it had also been cancelled, then it arrived with 3 carriages instead of 6.  Was so packed not a single person could get on. 

By then it was too late to get back to Hall Green for what would have been the train after the one I was aiming for which was nevertheless earlier than the train I ultimately got from Acocks Green. 

Then on the way home the train I was aiming for was shown as running and to be 4 minutes lated. I checked it and kept an eye on it.  Got to Snow Hill faced with massive queues.  Luckily I was told to take the outside lane straight to platform for Acocks Green.   But the bloody train was cancelled when I got there. 

Was told it would be over an hour wait for Acocks Green or to Shirley.  Had to get Mrs Sidcow to pick me up at Solihull as I could get a Chiltern there then drive me back to Acocks Green to pick up my car. 

What a pile of sticky dog turds.

Edited by sidcow
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I sometimes pop on in the evening or over weekends because I genuinely really enjoy my job, and I'll sometimes have an idea I want to try or or have a eureka moment in the shower after banging my head on a problem all day. I did learn years ago to make sure I was appearing offline when I do though, and to not send any messages/emails because at best it looks like a "look how hard I'm working" :D 

Wouldn't bother doing any of the boring stuff or trying to appear to be present, but I do some of my best work at 10pm with a whiskey.

Edited by Davkaus

Â