Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

First thing, and sorry for unsolicited advice, but always (try to) loosen the nuts before jacking the car.

Second thing, I used to carry a piece of scaffold pole in the boot when I had a car which seemed to tighten its wheel nuts by itself. That and a wheel nut spider meant I’d always be able to get off my nuts.

And get your garage to stick that brown brassy paste on the threads of the wheel hub to keep the threads from seizing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon said:

That's some extensive empirical research you've done there mate.  🤣

well tbf he said works for the NHS .. remove those that are always out striking and you've only got about 8 left  :mrgreen:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

A surprising amount of private prescriptions actually cost less than an NHS prescription too. 

If you just need some antibiotics or a cream to rub on your little problem area it's probably going to cost you less than the NHS too. 

I've taken to getting my asthma inhalers online now. Far easier. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I keep one of these in the boot, extends double the length for extra mechanical advantage 

21A9LjNbOtL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Only about £10

And when you've finished beating your road rage opponent senseless it might also be good for removing wheel nuts. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

A friend of mine went to the Birmingham German market, 2 hot dogs = £25

2 of those big steins of beer = another £39

Crazy money, and the place is rammed.

Cost of living certainly hurts some more than others.

Madness.

Been out for a meal in the shires tonight (mate) at a nice pub. 

Four of us - each had a starter, main and 2 drinks. Total bill was £76 after voucher was applied (thanks to the waitress for that tip!)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Ah, yeah but the thing is Alex, what you’re forgetting is that along with that £76 cost, you undoubtedly also had to put up with having to -

• be seated (at a table)
  • be reliant on having someone personally bring you your food and drink
  • endure a comfortable temperature 
  • NOT be both penned in and bustled about by people passing by

That’s where they got you.

Not to mention he missed out on the German equivalent of Carling Black Label. What a mug.  Probably ended up with some of that Bathams or something. Must have seen him coming. 

• Like 1

I seem to have suffered the most pathetic injury ever 

picked up a saucepan yesterday , it was kinda inside a cupboard and I got it from a funny angle , but the tendons leading up to my wrist are in bloody agony  , not sure quite exactly what I've done 

of course , i'm teeing myself up for obvious jokes here  and coincidently Mrs H is away this week visiting her family in Hungary  , but how the heck can you injure yourself picking up a saucepan !! 

Edited by tonyh29

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I seem to have suffered the most pathetic injury ever 

picked up a saucepan yesterday , it was kinda inside a cupboard and I got it from a funny angle , but the tendons leading up to my wrist are in bloody agony  , not sure quite exactly what I've done 

of course , i'm teeing myself up for obvious jokes here  and coincidently Mrs H is away this week visiting her family in Hungary  , but how the heck can you injure yourself picking up a saucepan !! 

I never knew saucepan p0rn was a thing.

Â