Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Liverpool innit? Nicking stuff, being corrupt - it's part of their culture.

This is the Mersey Tunnels which back in the days before contactless and fast tags used to have a big row of staffed toll booths. Pretty much all the staff were operating on a pound for the tunnels, pound for me basis. Minimum wage staff were turning up to work in Jags, going on 4 foreign holidays a year, owning boats. A few of them got prosecuted but they were all at it for many years. Another one swept under the carpet

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Tyne Tunnel is the easiest. You just drive through without stopping, but it photographs your number plate, and you've got until midnight the following day to log on and pay. 

That's the same as the new Runcorn Bridge, it's ok as long as you remember

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I've kept my head down at work for most of my career, even as I've become more senior but today it seems like my head is above the parapet in 3 separate topics :D

8 years of dropping no bombs and I'm forced to drop 3 in a day.

See you lads at the employment office

24fovx.jpg

• Like 1

A mate of mine has been playing in bands for years, 20 plus years, usually **** awful prog rock bands as that's the music he likes, all of the bands he has been have played original music and I didn't like a single song. At the start of the year he joined a very successful tribute act to a country singer and its taken off in a big way, playing to up to a thousand people multiple times a week.

I am not that keen on tribute acts, I think they charge high ticket prices, in some cases take away from the original artist and if it was up to me I wouldn't allow them unless the original artist no longer toured, was dead, or retired. I also think in some cases they get billed higher on festival bills than those that record their own original material. 

Aside from that, he has started lecturing me on what is and what isn't country music. Last year he was in a **** Yes cover band, but now he is Red **** Foley. I haven't bitten as I think its lost over whatsapp and its more of a face to face conversation.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

A mate of mine has been playing in bands for years, 20 plus years, usually **** awful prog rock bands as that's the music he likes, all of the bands he has been have played original music and I didn't like a single song. At the start of the year he joined a very successful tribute act to a country singer and its taken off in a big way, playing to up to a thousand people multiple times a week.

I am not that keen on tribute acts, I think they charge high ticket prices, in some cases take away from the original artist and if it was up to me I wouldn't allow them unless the original artist no longer toured, was dead, or retired. I also think in some cases they get billed higher on festival bills than those that record their own original material. 

Aside from that, he has started lecturing me on what is and what isn't country music. Last year he was in a **** Yes cover band, but now he is Red **** Foley. I haven't bitten as I think its lost over whatsapp and its more of a face to face conversation.

I can see how that could be pretty bloody annoying. As a side note, Bragg last weekend with a lap guitar and that slide steel sound was very country / folk / Americana vibe at times.

My little social group has quite diverse musical taste, I know who I can gig buddy with, they know what to ask me along to. Although I was recently asked if I wanted a spare ticket for All But Saints and I realised someone hadn’t been paying attention! We do tend via twitter to write each other little pieces on various bands on pieces of music, all fully in the knowledge the others don’t follow that particular band or whatever. It’s just a vent and we all tolerate each others shite for those little bits that are actually interesting.

One guy is collecting all the singles ever released in the UK on the Casablanca label and sends us lots of updates and dissertations on subtle changes to the camel graphic or mystical missing serial numbers. It’s actually become quite interesting as he’s closing in on completing the set.

We have a gig coming up Saturday where a couple are coming along for their first experience of an A3 gig. I fully expect it to be their first and last, but you never know.

Alabama 3, now that is the very definition of proper country music.

31 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I can see how that could be pretty bloody annoying. As a side note, Bragg last weekend with a lap guitar and that slide steel sound was very country / folk / Americana vibe at times.

My little social group has quite diverse musical taste, I know who I can gig buddy with, they know what to ask me along to. Although I was recently asked if I wanted a spare ticket for All But Saints and I realised someone hadn’t been paying attention! We do tend via twitter to write each other little pieces on various bands on pieces of music, all fully in the knowledge the others don’t follow that particular band or whatever. It’s just a vent and we all tolerate each others shite for those little bits that are actually interesting.

One guy is collecting all the singles ever released in the UK on the Casablanca label and sends us lots of updates and dissertations on subtle changes to the camel graphic or mystical missing serial numbers. It’s actually become quite interesting as he’s closing in on completing the set.

We have a gig coming up Saturday where a couple are coming along for their first experience of an A3 gig. I fully expect it to be their first and last, but you never know.

Alabama 3, now that is the very definition of proper country music.

Took friends to a Fall gig once, they still talk about it, but then everyone's a critic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Another thing, my wife has been doing this for about 15 years, I explain to her every time and she does it again, she will do some online shopping (which she calls offline shopping) and then when she has items in her cart will send me a link and I explain that it will only be viewable on her laptop, its never a saved cart, its just items she has added to her basket. Every bloody time.

• Haha 1

Â