Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

There's a guy in my team always working late, always taking his laptop on holiday always logging in on a Sunday.

I do pretty much the same tasks but in a much larger volume and I Google half the day.

It's not a sign you're a grafter , it's a sign your incompetent mate.

Or he’s covering for incompetence in the rest of the team and keeping you in a job :D 

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I sometimes pop on in the evening or over weekends because I genuinely really enjoy my job, and I'll sometimes have an idea I want to try or or have a eureka moment in the shower after banging my head on a problem all day. I did learn years ago to make sure I was appearing offline when I do though, and to not send any messages/emails because at best it looks like a "look how hard I'm working" :D 

Wouldn't bother doing any of the boring stuff or trying to appear to be present, but I do some of my best work at 10pm with a whiskey.

It’s kinda pointless me turning up at work before 11 , I just don’t function , so I usually leave home around 9:30 , get in have a coffee , check the internet to see what’s been going on in the world , ping a few emails and then go to the gym … around 14:00 I finally have my grove and  do the work of about 6 people and head home around 19:00 , though the past few weeks it’s been more like 23:00 ( I do about 50% of my turnover in November and December for some weird reason ) 

my clients think I’m the hardest working person on the planet and make them all look good 

my mates think I’m a lazy sod whose always on holiday 

that I can pull both of means I’m doing something right 

but importantly I love my work , if I didn’t I’d retire … 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Charming.

Were you in cryptography in the military?   I didn't think anyone would get it.   Now for a real test of you skillz:   Who were the 3 VT posters?   The answers are contained in the post if you're clever.

• Like 1

On 04/12/2023 at 12:04, bickster said:

I really just want to pull my semi out if at all possible

I’ve heard that when you do you just put it in a mug of coffee. Each to their own, I suppose.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

That says it amazes me when you look at some people go about their work and use IT in such a caggy handed way. I'm often showing people how to do something quicker. 

My all time version of this is that I was in the avionics room in a hangar and the company photographer came in with his MacBook to sit down and go over about 500 pictures he’d taken of our flight trials. I watched as he opened the folder with them in, selected the first one, double clicked it to open it, clicked to close it, then either kept or deleted it, then clicked the next one….and so on. It was excruciating. After about 3 minutes I could take no more and tentatively interjected “Chris, there’s a way to stop you getting RSI - just press the space bar, and use the arrow key to look at each one in turn and then press delete if you want to delete it, or arrow to move to the next”.

He didn’t say thanks, but he did follow the suggestion.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, blandy said:

My all time version of this is that I was in the avionics room in a hangar and the company photographer came in with his MacBook to sit down and go over about 500 pictures he’d taken of our flight trials. I watched as he opened the folder with them in, selected the first one, double clicked it to open it, clicked to close it, then either kept or deleted it, then clicked the next one….and so on. It was excruciating. After about 3 minutes I could take no more and tentatively interjected “Chris, there’s a way to stop you getting RSI - just press the space bar, and use the arrow key to look at each one in turn and then press delete if you want to delete it, or arrow to move to the next”.

That sounds painful. I assume a mac has a function like windows where he could also change the view to be of large or extra large icons which show the picture without even clicking on them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

How rude. You've probably changed his life there if photography is his job. 

38 minutes ago, Genie said:

That sounds painful. I assume a mac has a function like windows where he could also change the view to be of large or extra large icons which show the picture without even clicking on them. 

Yep. For media stuff, they’re miles more user friendly.

Cadbury advent calendar.

The chocolate tastes like it's got  liquor in it or it's been manufactured amongst chemicals!

Tasted it from my one on day one. My daughter gave me the one from her calendar this morning, same problem.

Absolute rancid shit.

19 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Didn’t know you worked in the Spoons now. They probably say that to all the regulars though just to give them a sense of purpose I suppose, let you collect a few glasses and whatnot.

They let me drink the drip trays :P 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

This. Merlin can kiss my ass. Panini FTW. Football 86 sticker book 😍

86 was my first Panini album. Chelsea/Arsenal on the front from memory? 

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Yep. For media stuff, they’re miles more user friendly.

Excellent fishing ;) 

How do you know when Apple have an event launch? An Android fan will tell you!

AMIRITE?

• Haha 1

Â