Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

See Police as in "he's good police"

Ah, The Wire.

When and why did everyone seemingly agree to start saying “and that speaks to [the relationship between…]” when they mean “that illustrates” or “that tells us something about…”

And then they compounded their crime by going from debating something with someone, to “debating him/her”

I assume it’s all an evil American plot.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Ah, The Wire.

When and why did everyone seemingly agree to start saying “and that speaks to [the relationship between…]” when they mean “that illustrates” or “that tells us something about…”

And then they compounded their crime by going from debating something with someone, to “debating him/her”

I assume it’s all an evil American plot.

We’ve worked with a fairly major High Street presence on a rebranding / refurbishment programme. As well as ourselves and M&E and all the usual they also had the assistance of a ‘design studio’. Basically, our job was to say this wall should be a paint finish. Their job was to say white.

Except they didn’t say ‘white’. They would (literally) fly out to Barcelona to look at a white, compare it to the white they’d been considering that they’d seen on a fence in Exeter and blind test those against a white they’d previously used for a pop up dentist in Edinburgh.

We would then all meet in a secret location warehouse just outside London where they had painted various things in the various whites, and they would pitch each of them with statements like: ‘this white says love and aspiration which speaks to the Client desire to reflect both family and venture’.

Did that for every bloody colour, this red speaks to joy, this grey speaks to trust.

Absolute bollocks, but fascinating to see what £660,000 of consultancy fees buys you. It mostly bought you American english snake oil delivered by a 21 year old that arrived on a skateboard and hadn’t brought their own pen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ever since I've been able to follow them by regularly attending games (post uni) Villa have been a bag of wank.  

I've always wanted to follow away in Europe and I just knew that as soon as I had a child Villa would  finally qualify.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Ever since I've been able to follow them by regularly attending games (post uni) Villa have been a bag of wank.  

I've always wanted to follow away in Europe and I just knew that as soon as I had a child Villa would  finally qualify.

Look, just so you have something to look forward to in 15 years time, I’ve been on a couple of European footy trips and they are freekin awesome!

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

We’ve worked with a fairly major High Street presence on a rebranding / refurbishment programme. As well as ourselves and M&E and all the usual they also had the assistance of a ‘design studio’. Basically, our job was to say this wall should be a paint finish. Their job was to say white.

Except they didn’t say ‘white’. They would (literally) fly out to Barcelona to look at a white, compare it to the white they’d been considering that they’d seen on a fence in Exeter and blind test those against a white they’d previously used for a pop up dentist in Edinburgh.

We would then all meet in a secret location warehouse just outside London where they had painted various things in the various whites, and they would pitch each of them with statements like: ‘this white says love and aspiration which speaks to the Client desire to reflect both family and venture’.

Did that for every bloody colour, this red speaks to joy, this grey speaks to trust.

Absolute bollocks, but fascinating to see what £660,000 of consultancy fees buys you. It mostly bought you American english snake oil delivered by a 21 year old that arrived on a skateboard and hadn’t brought their own pen.

Walls painted in white reminds me of a mental hospital.

Our new nursery manager has decided to start sending a weekly newsletter, and she really shouldn't have. She's an absolutely lovely woman, but she's basically illiterate. I admire the confidence of not understanding how to use punctuation; But including, plenty of it. Anyway?

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

Our new nursery manager has decided to start sending a weekly newsletter, and she really shouldn't have. She's an absolutely lovely woman, but she's basically illiterate. I admire the confidence of not understanding how to use punctuation; But including, plenty of it. Anyway?

I Like Those On Facebook That Are Unsure About When It’s Appropriate To Use A Captial Letter So Instead Start Every Word With A Capital To Be Safe.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I Like Those On Facebook That Are Unsure About When It’s Appropriate To Use A Captial Letter So Instead Start Every Word With A Capital To Be Safe.

Alway ensure that my words are captialised.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Davkaus said:

We get daily updates and photos from nursery on the famly app. They're all lovely people and the updates we get now are much better, but we used to get things like..

"His had a good day. His had fun in garden. His ate he's toast. Well done"

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

We get daily updates and photos from nursery on the famly app. They're all lovely people and the updates we get now are much better, but we used to get things like..

"His had a good day. His had fun in garden. His ate he's toast. Well done"

Ours are the same.

They're all lovely there and I have full confidence he's getting proper care.

But thank **** they won't be the ones teaching him English because their grammar is absolute shit

• Haha 1

Given the choice, I'd stay on the sofa all day watching old films (and the match). But the wife's mate is coming round for Sunday lunch and we're off to a gig this evening. 

This paracetamol and ibuprofen had better start doing its stuff.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Given the choice, I'd stay on the sofa all day watching old films (and the match). But the wife's mate is coming round for Sunday lunch and we're off to a gig this evening. 

This paracetamol and ibuprofen had better start doing its stuff.  

I have a tylohot (think a lemsip equivalent but 2x as strong) and 2 nurofen 400g and it keeps the general bluergh at bay. 

Hate sniffly head colds. 

• Like 1

Â