Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

We keep bread in a high up (ish) cupboard.

Problem is Mrs Sidcow is 4ft nothing.  As she is generally in charge of chucking the out of date food when I put the bins out (demarcation innit) every other week I have to chuck the green stuff away I find at the back of the shelf.

2 hours ago, Xann said:

Eggs' buoyancy changes as they go bad.

In water a fresh egg sinks, they start to stand on on end as they get older. Neutral buoyancy to floating is a no no, unless its intended use is as a projectile?

In all my 69 years, I don't think I've ever come across an 'off' egg. And I eat a lot of them. 

• Like 2

only cracked one open once and instantly knew. The smell....

It was multiple eggs in the measuring jug for an omelette too so that all got flung. It's what prompted me to start cracking them into a cup first before adding to whatever the mix is.

• Like 1

If ever I buy butter (the real stuff) I always store in a butterdish in a cupboard and never the fridge, even in warm weather. 

38 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

In all my 69 years, I don't think I've ever come across an 'off' egg. And I eat a lot of them. 

Me neither. I go through them too quickly to give them a chance.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

In the 30ish years I've been with the missus, I have never once known her not to overcook an egg

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, mottaloo said:

If ever I buy butter (the real stuff) I always store in a butterdish in a cupboard and never the fridge, even in warm weather. 

Great minds my friend. I am also the only one who takes refrigerated butter out and places it in the butter dish.

Mrs. A, however, will gladly  use the last of the nice soft butter and not replenish it. When I find an empty butter dish and I have to get the nasty hard stuff out of the fridge I generally have murder fantasies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 01/05/2023 at 19:53, TheAuthority said:

My dad dropped a radiator on his big toe and broke it once. True story. 

Even though it happened before I was born I heard about it probably 879357474 times.

That's either a hell of a solid toe or a poorly built radiator.   Either way, your dad's a legend.

• Haha 3

On 02/05/2023 at 03:53, TheAuthority said:

My dad dropped a radiator on his big toe and broke it once. True story. 

Even though it happened before I was born I heard about it probably 879357474 times.

Glad he's still prepared to pipe up about it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Great minds my friend. I am also the only one who takes refrigerated butter out and places it in the butter dish.

Mrs. A, however, will gladly  use the last of the nice soft butter and not replenish it. When I find an empty butter dish and I have to get the nasty hard stuff out of the fridge I generally have murder fantasies.

If you kept your butter in the pantry here,you could drink it.

Authenticity.  Also see Genuine and Proper as in they're a proper football club. 

Just heard in a tv show "I love the authenticity of this house decoration" 

What does it mean? It's not an authentic house without that decoration. 

**** off, pretentious nonsense. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Authenticity.  Also see Genuine and Proper as in they're a proper football club. 

Just heard in a tv show "I love the authenticity of this house decoration" 

What does it mean? It's not an authentic house without that decoration. 

**** off, pretentious nonsense. 

Reminds me of when magazines like FHM, Nuts etc used to say things like "real women reveal all" and I would always wonder which magazines had 'fake' women. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Danwichmann said:

Reminds me of when magazines like FHM, Nuts etc used to say things like "real women reveal all" and I would always wonder which magazines had 'fake' women. 

Plenty of fake parts though 🍈🍈

On 03/05/2023 at 06:07, TheAuthority said:

An overcooked yolk is one of the most disappointing things in life. And I have 2 children.

What about the disappointment of cracking an egg into a pan and seeing the yoke slowly spread beyond its limits. The shell after slicing the membrane in one last hurrah.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Danwichmann said:

I think you have to go to Thailand to find that one out.

Apparently.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

What about the disappointment of cracking an egg into a pan and seeing the yoke slowly spread beyond its limits. The shell after slicing the membrane in one last hurrah.

10 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

..........and it's the last egg and you've made everyone elses perfectly :(

This. The pain is real. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â