Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

16 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Why do I go on Twitter??

I follow Moeen Ali and he's tweeted a video of a Syrian child (about 10) who wakes up for the first time since an airstrike blind.

Screaming, both in anger and pain ensues, with his dad trying to calm him down.  But that's it, he's blind forever, because of a **** bomb.  

That's gonna stay with me a long time. 

I feel angry, and I don't get that feeling often, but I genuinely feel angry.  

Dropping bombs is great for terrorist recruitment. We are lucky we live in this part of the world.  

Edited by Rugeley Villa

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Dropping bombs is great for terrorist recruitment. We live in a very lucky part of the world. 

I imagine if someone down the road from you threw acid in your kids' faces, making them blind - you'd probably do something about it. 

Went up cannock chase yesterday, and I was going to take my phone incase there was something I wanted to take a photo/video of. Went against the idea because I had no pockets. Sods law, my son pointed out a squirrel rummaging through a bin liner and getting the food out. He was no more than 4ft away from us, and didn't seem to care that we were there. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I imagine if someone down the road from you threw acid in your kids' faces, making them blind - you'd probably do something about it. 

I'd slaughter the bastards, but that solves nothing I suppose, and just makes my kids life worse. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

If there were 5 blokes, and each of them did it to your kids, would you get help to deal with it/them? 

Where is this going ?

Anger would consume you, I imagine. As I said though after editing my original post, it would just make things worse. Your kids being blind, and their old man being locked up for murder would hardly help things. 

15 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Where is this going ?

Anger would consume you, I imagine. As I said though after editing my original post, it would just make things worse. Your kids being blind, and their old man being locked up for murder would hardly help things. 

Ahh, probably just forget it then. I mean, your kids are still alive, what else can they expect? 

Call the police probably too, right?  

What if there's no police? Then what? 

Edited by lapal_fan

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Ahh, probably just forget it then. I mean, you're kids are still alive, what else can they expect? 

Call the police probably too, right?  

What if there's no police? Then what? 

No police then take things into your own hands, I suppose. No fun losing your eyesight when you've always been able to see before that. My mum lost her eyesight temporarily and it caused massive depression. 

11 minutes ago, JB said:

Some parents being utter, utter words removed.

My daughter’s primary school recently had a walk to school week whereby children were encouraged to, well, walk to school every day for a week. If they did so, they would be given a certificate in assembly. Unfortunately, some parents had an issue with this and complained to the school (and on Facebook, apparently FFS) that it was unfair on the children who were dropped to school by car, obviously worried that their poor little darlings would be traumatised by not being the most precious little thing in the world. The school’s (pathetic IMO) response was to cave to these dick heads and cancel the presentation assembly, giving certificates out with no fuss in class and actually give ‘participation’ certificates to every child, regardless of whether they walked to school or not. Fair enough, some parents might be on their way to work and have to drop them off by car but take it on the chin rather than spoil it for everybody else. It means a lot for a 5 year-old to get a prize in assembly and some selfish clearings in the woods have taken that away from them.

Then there’s the story today about the school in Cardiff where parents have been kicking off about sports day results and even sent in videos to the school to challenge decisions. What sort of person does that?! They’re kids. It’s a primary school sports day. It’s about having fun. The results don’t matter.

I’ve got countless other stories like this from my time teaching. I can’t get my head around their thought processes. I just want to shake some sense into these people and the way that they think the world revolves around their kid and that it’s ok to do these things. As I said - utter, utter words removed ?.

My Mrs’ daughter is nearly 6, whether it’s the kids or parents (mostly parents) it’s like a soap opera in how ridiculous things are and that’s just her class. Thankfully i’m not on Facebook or in any WhatsApp group as I would probably end up saying something which wouldn’t go down well but it would be the truth. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

My Mrs’ daughter is nearly 6, whether it’s the kids or parents (mostly parents) it’s like a soap opera in how ridiculous things are and that’s just her class. Thankfully i’m not on Facebook or in any WhatsApp group as I would probably end up saying something which wouldn’t go down well but it would be the truth. 

The first and only thing my other half says to me if we are meeting other parents is BEHAVE. 

Luckily I'm not on faceache or twatter so my ability to offend parents she might know is greatly reduced

52 minutes ago, JB said:

Then there’s the story today about the school in Cardiff where parents have been kicking off about sports day results

Another reason to introduce VAR ?in all things sporting ?. I could go on with my hate for modern parenting but not now, let me have my dinner/supper (whatever you prefer to call it) but jeeze other parents are words removed although the kids themselves can in some/most cases be alright/bearable

Edited by MickeyC_UTV
typo

Â