Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

A friend of mine cut himself while slicing bread. I though I'd cheer him up by posting a gif to him of a similar event. Lesson is, one should not google images of "blood squirt finger" in an office with loads of people behind you.

ctrl w

Paraphrasing a conversation at work at the moment:

"So when's your birthday?". "20th August". "Wow, seriously? My mum's is the 22nd August". "You're joking, my friend's is the 22nd August. My mum's birthday is in April". "April the what?". "April 5th". "You're kidding!? That's my nephew's birthday"

And so on. Urgh...who cares?

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the headline of a new report says people are missing out on good staff because of being judgemental over tattoos in misleading because of ones like that nandos one, if you've got your kids name tattooed on your arm it's one thing and yeah I'd have a bit of sympathy for you, if you've got cheeky nandos on show during an interview then you're a **** idiot

Unless you're applying for a job at Nandos.

26 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Paraphrasing a conversation at work at the moment:

"So when's your birthday?". "20th August". "Wow, seriously? My mum's is the 22nd August". "You're joking, my friend's is the 22nd August. My mum's birthday is in April". "April the what?". "April 5th". "You're kidding!? That's my nephew's birthday"

And so on. Urgh...who cares?

When is your birthday?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

my birthday is same as:

Lawrence Dallaglio

Javier Zanetti

Roy Keane...

and..... ... Kylie effing Jenner (fitting for the thread title) 

I share mine with Duncan 'Disorderly' Ferguson, Emilie de Ravin :wub: , Gerard Depardieu, Janet Street-Porter, Marlene Dietrich, Louis Pasteur & Johannes Kepler.

It pisses me off that for the first time in 10 years I will be at home for my birthday and not on holiday. Usually have a holiday over october the 5th. This year it finishes on the 1st. Cakes to be bought and have to put up with people saying happy birthday when really all they want, understandably, os cake. 

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I've never met a person that shares my birthday.  The only celebrity I know of that shares my birthday is/was Frank Sinatra.

If you were in a room of randomly chosen people, in order for it to be more likely than not that you share a birthday with someone else in that room (i.e. probability >50%) there would need to be just another 252 people in there.

In order for it to be more likely than not that there are any two (randomly chosen) people in a room with a matching birthday, there would only need to be 23. With 70 people, it's a 99.9% probability.

• Like 2

Â