Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Themed fancy dress birthday parties........what a ball ache, especially if you dont particularly like the person that much. The fact that its themed narrows down the choice and I usually leave it til the last minute to get something and end up paying over the odds for an ill fitting costume (my fault I admit). What yanks my chain even more is the fact that some dont bother dressing up & just rock up on the night, which is bad enough but when the host says "its ok, they made the effort to come" I just know had it been me who did it I'd have got pelters for being lazy.

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Themed fancy dress birthday parties........what a ball ache, especially if you dont particularly like the person that much. The fact that its themed narrows down the choice and I usually leave it til the last minute to get something and end up paying over the odds for an ill fitting costume (my fault I admit). What yanks my chain even more is the fact that some dont bother dressing up & just rock up on the night, which is bad enough but when the host says "its ok, they made the effort to come" I just know had it been me who did it I'd have got pelters for being lazy.

the secret to these parties is the element of surprise. what you do is turn up in your most boring clothes and mingle for enough time that people notice you have not made the effort then just  happen to mention that you need the toilet. once in the toilet strip completely off then come out with absolutely nothing on, so now you've came as a streaker and i can guarantee that the other guests will never forget it. i'll give you that one for nothing, but anymore advice from me and there will be a standard VT cost.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Just don't go, it's as easy as that. Especially if you don't even like 'em.

• Like 2

I love fancy dress.

I usually get way too into it and spend loads of money on tiny little details that nobody notices.

I dressed as Marty McFly last time I went to one. I had the same badge on my denim jacket that he has in the films. Like who would even notice that?
I also had a faded picture of his siblings in my pocket and a "Save the Clock Tower" flyer in my back pocket.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just don't go, it's as easy as that. Especially if you don't even like 'em.

Yeah as soon as fancy dress is mentioned,  I'm out.  

That or turn up in normal clothes. 

It just doesn't sit comfortably with me. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I love fancy dress.

I usually get way too into it and spend loads of money on tiny little details that nobody notices.

I dressed as Marty McFly last time I went to one. I had the same badge on my denim jacket that he has in the films. Like who would even notice that?
I also had a faded picture of his siblings in my pocket and a "Save the Clock Tower" flyer in my back pocket.

download (4).jpg

Said it before but Adele. Comes across as a right smug word removed

Her latest album is out today but only available to buy and not stream. Not that it bothers me but that's just arrogant itself

So I was on twitter, and I have 2 people from work that follow me, I work for a company that I never mention the name of, but I had to deal with our shit customer service, I ranted on twitter but didn’t name the company, just said that we have the worst customer service. A few days later and I have a shitty email reminding me of our social media policy. Feel weird that my twitter was monitored. That said, I shut that bastard down and now my rantings, are behind the gates that is Facebook. Don’t get me wrong I didn’t make disparaging comments about a female optician or anything and my response was somewhere along the lines of are you **** kidding me, sort your shit customer service out, but it made me feel uncomfortable that my company would want to read me tweeting country music stars.

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Her latest album is out today but only available to buy and not stream. Not that it bothers me but that's just arrogant itself

I know someone connected to adeles record label and I think that decision came from them and not her. She says that Adele is as normal as you can get.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I personally can't stand her either. 

6 hours ago, Xela said:

I dunno, I don't follow anything she says or does, but not streaming her music seems like a sensible thing to do for established artists with the type of audience she has.

• Like 1

Rita Ora FTW. 

I've said it before, but she looks dirty (in a good way)

Anyway, getting back on topic. People's appalling parking skills in car parks. Come back to my car today to find the car next to me had parked that close (almost over the line) and gave me a tiny gap to open my door and slide in like Mr Stretch. I'm not a 28" waist anymore and they are big coupe doors. I think I've pulled a hamstring 

Â