Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

London is full of utterly uncivilised words removed, the product of the countries biggest rat race. Horrible, horrible city, horrible, horrible people, hate it to my absolute core and can't wait to eventually get the **** out of it. 

Out of interest: why are you here if you hate it so much? ;)

2 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Also, people in London don't queue for the bus. They just shove their way on in a mob. That pisses me off still and i've lived here for 10 years.

Used to be the same in Brum, I recall. Used to get the bus from 6 Ways in Erdington to Sutton, every day while at college. Used to have to fight your way on most mornings. No respect for people at the stop first, or the frail or elderly. Used to piss me off no end.  

2 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Used to be the same in Brum, I recall. Used to get the bus from 6 Ways in Erdington to Sutton, every day while at college. Used to have to fight your way on most mornings. No respect for people at the stop first, or the frail or elderly. Used to piss me off no end.  

To be expected knowing the sort of characters living in Erdington ;)

1 minute ago, Xela said:

To be expected knowing the sort of characters living in Erdington ;)

Hey! Only us B23 & B24 folk are allowed to criticise! Any more of that, and I'll get leemond to volley you in the jaw! 

• Like 1

Just now, dAVe80 said:

Hey! Only us B23 & B24 folk are allowed to criticise! Any more of that, and I'll get leemond to volley you in the jaw! 

Haha, I'm a native B24er! :P

2 hours ago, snowychap said:

This stuff about a 'ban' on The Lord's Prayer advert.

Regardless of whether or not you think it's a good idea for it not to be played (I guess that's better discussed in the religion thread), it's not a 'ban' in as much as not being allowed to be played/shown. It has clearance from both the BBFC and the Cinema Advertising Authority, apparently.

It's a choice made by a private, commercial organization (DCM) not to purchase and supply that advert (for whatever reason they've chosen - the reports have it that they refuse to approve of and supply any political or religious advertising).

Who turns up in time to watch adverts at the cinema anyway?  You know the film starts half an hour after it's meant to, and the last 5/10 minutes before the film are for the trailers, if you fancy catching them.  Plus it looks a bit of a shit advert to me anyway.

4 hours ago, snowychap said:

This stuff about a 'ban' on The Lord's Prayer advert.

Regardless of whether or not you think it's a good idea for it not to be played (I guess that's better discussed in the religion thread), it's not a 'ban' in as much as not being allowed to be played/shown. It has clearance from both the BBFC and the Cinema Advertising Authority, apparently.

It's a choice made by a private, commercial organization (DCM) not to purchase and supply that advert (for whatever reason they've chosen - the reports have it that they refuse to approve of and supply any political or religious advertising).

If they've got any sense, they'll be thanking God for it. Now people will actually seek it out to watch it, rather than glazing over as it comes on during the ad break. 

People with ridiculous dietary requirements.

It's not their fault, but it's so annoying.

Girl in our office is trying to organise a christmas meal.
One woman only eats Halal, and doesn't eat Dairy or Gluten.

So this Girl is stressing out because she can't find anywhere where this woman can eat that will take 40 odd people for christmas lunch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

People with ridiculous dietary requirements.

It's not their fault, but it's so annoying.

Girl in our office is trying to organise a christmas meal.
One woman only eats Halal, and doesn't eat Dairy or Gluten.

So this Girl is stressing out because she can't find anywhere where this woman can eat that will take 40 odd people for christmas lunch.

Yep hate them, lots of people 'intolerant' to lots of things today, half of them probably more neurotic than genuine. 

• Like 1

I'd like to think if that was me, I'd say "look, book wherever you want to go, and we can ask them if they can accommodate my requirements. if they can't I won't eat lunch and I'll just have a drink or something"

But this woman just immediately said, when the original choice was made, 

"Oh we can't go there, there's nothing on the menu I can eat"

Edited by Stevo985

Yep, invite her to the party, but advise her to bring her own bacon and cheese sandwiches as the menu only caters for normal people.

Alternative spin - ask her where she can eat that would cater for 40+ people. Explaining that for 39 of the 40 people, they need to have some meat that wasn't killed with a knife, some dairy and some cake.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Funnily enough she's been eating cake today, which definitely has dairy in it.

Why not say "I thought you don't eat dairy?".  I wouldn't normally be an awkward bollocks like that but if she's putting her foot down regarding a Christmas party then I think you've the right to know if she's just being a bitch about it.  And as for only eating halal, I'm sure it wouldn't kill her to order vegetarian one night of the year for the benefit of every one of her colleagues.

• Like 1

Â