Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

52 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Out of interest, how do we know Rugeley knew for sure that Hanoi's fiancée is definitely white!? He said he doesn't mind her coming if she isn't a terrorist, but when he said that, he couldn't have known the colour of her skin. He could have made an assumption, but it's an assumption to assume he did. 

So it seems he more believes that we shouldn't allow immigration from countries in which IS are most active. Now, of course, it's wouldn't work because you'd have to ban immigration from France as they've been extremely active there, but I do think that it was more to do with countries of high IS activity. 

Nothing to do with race.

And who are these brown looking people!? My ex-missus is Iranian. Neither her or her family are "brown looking". Middle Eastern, yes, but I'm not sure they fit into this strange "brown looking" category. In fact, she was often mistaken for being of Mediterranean origin. 

She immigrated here through work. Rugeley may disagree with her coming over because Iran is seen as an enemy of the West. That's up to him, and whilst I wouldn't agree, I'd understand why he's think that, but it would be a huge stretch for me to think it was because he doesn't want anyone  "brown looking" coming over (I don't really understand what this strange categorisation is). 

thats the problem we have, we know terrorists are migrating over to europe but we dont know who they are. so what do you do? 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

thats the problem we have, we know terrorists are migrating over to europe but we dont know who they are. so what do you do? 

Based on previous attacks, we also know that they are mainly home grown. So what does migration have to do with it? How will changing migration rules reduce our exposure?

• Like 2

Just now, limpid said:

Based on previous attacks, we also know that they are mainly home grown. So what does migration have to do with it? How will changing migration rules reduce our exposure?

yes we do, as i said more needs to be done by our country and allies and also the islamic world. migration is adding to the problem we already have, surely if we dont stop migration more measures need to be in place. there is no quick fix but things need to be done now so that in the future the problem does not get to the point of no return.

1 minute ago, limpid said:

Sorry I don't understand your argument. How is migration "adding to the problem"?

The problem is a lack of education leading to non-acceptance of "others". That applies to the population as a whole not just a segment of the population. What you are proposing is to make it harder to accept "others" and thereby worsening the problem.

migration from high risk areas imo poses a security risk. i think this country has been great over the years for accepting others.

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

migration from high risk areas imo poses a security risk. i think this country has been great over the years for accepting others.

I understand that's your opinion, but the evidence suggests that you are wrong. Most terror offences are committed by locals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

The fact that if you are cautious about who comes into this country you are branded a racist in some quarters. Absolute bullshit.

I'm not against immigration in the slightest, but I think we need to be sure who exactly is coming into the country.

Good job people aren't saying that.

People took exception to comments such as 'the country cant keep letting people in because we are a small country with an already big population and there has to be a cut off point' and 'stop all immigration'.

That's what the last few pages have been about. Nobody is calling anybody a racist simply because they're showing concern for security. 

33 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Yeah, I like the way the Australians hold migrants in camps on islands & stop journalists from reporting on the terrible conditions & harassment that goes on.

Have you seen the conditions they are living when entering Europe. They be lucky to have a tent.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Passport photos - does anyone look good in theirs? Had mine done today. Look like i should be on Crimewatch 

Haha

Yeah, I look like an absolute lug nut in mine. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

word removed cat still **** off with the cat flap. Curled one out on the dogs bed. 

We got a 'Smartflap' a couple of weeks ago.

It's clear, so he can see you waving bits of chicken at him on the other side.

Dreamies are quite good for this too.

He got it quite quickly.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Be careful where you go on holiday else they may not let you back in. ;)

I got refused exit from Moscow when I was there as I looked nothing like my passport photo.... My passport was coming up on its 10 years and I had longish hair in the photo whereas as the time I had a grade 2 haircut and was wearing glasses 

gave her my passport and she just threw it back at me and said no (rather helpfully )

eventually we ascertained she didn't believe it was me / my passport

after  the 9th attempt she got bored and stamped it and let me go home ..

• Like 1

Â