Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I have one really relevant to the title. 

When I get the tram and it gets to my stop, people who are also getting off at the top push past me (perfectly politely) but it's so pointless because I'll move forward and get off too. 

They can't possibly know I'm getting off too, which is why it shouldn't piss me off but it really does. 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was a vegetarian for about 15 years. Christmas party I used to just have the same as everyone else but donate my slice of turkey to whoever was willing to swap me a roastie.

It's Christmas, don't get hung up on what fat the roasties were sat in. Similarly, don't query if there is real suet in the christmas pudding.

It's industrial catering, endured once a year as a pre cursor to a big drinking session.

Join in or **** off. 

I always knew there was something "funny" about yow..

Edited by lapal_fan

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

Why not say "I thought you don't eat dairy?". 

Because I didn't actually notice that until I was writing that post.

I just thought, "hang on, she's had some of that cake today!"

200_s.gif

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was a vegetarian for about 15 years. Christmas party I used to just have the same as everyone else but donate my slice of turkey to whoever was willing to swap me a roastie.

That's the mildest form of vegetarian I've ever heard of.  I know veggies who will throw away an entire meal if any piece of cutlery touches their plate having touched another plate that had meat on it, regardless of whether the cutlery touched the meat or not.  I think that's what can give vegetarians a bad name, the fact that some of them are properly bad mental.

What an absolute cluster**** of a story.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/11/18/male-university-of-york-student-commits-suicide-on-day-his-university-ditches-international-mens-day-after-pressure-from-feminists/

https://yorkopenletter.wordpress.com/

Firstly, that people form the university expressed such an outrage that the university wanted to mark a day outlining and highlighting mental health issues in men

And secondly that they actually cancelled it with this statement:

I am sorry that this has caused unhappiness for some members of the University community who felt that the statement was inappropriate and should never have been issued.  The intention was to draw attention to some of the issues men tell us they encounter and to follow this up by highlighting in particular the availability of mental health and welfare support which we know men are sometimes reluctant to access.

The Equality and Diversity Committee is clear that the main focus of gender equality work should continue to be on the inequalities faced by women, and in particular the under-representation of women in the professoriate and senior management.  We believe that we can make meaningful progress in addressing these issues, while at the same time addressing other aspects of the equality and diversity agenda.  To this end, we are putting in place new structures to extend and strengthen our approach to the Athena Swan awards, which provide a framework for our work on gender equality.

We will certainly reflect on the views expressed in the open letter and I expect think twice about marking future Men’s Days.  We will also consider whether it would be helpful to revise the statement in order to make its core purpose clearer, or perhaps to withdraw it altogether.

As I said. What an absolute cluster**** of a story. How can anybody say this is okay!? The last paragraph in particular. URGH.

The people who wanted it cancelled actually said this

We believe men’s issues cannot be approached in the same way as unfairness and discrimination towards women, because women are structurally unequal to men.

**** hell. They're like a parody.

• Like 1

I've encountered some really weird feminists, to the point they scare me. The above is very sad - and as a man who has suffered depression, I know how hard it is to get people to listen.

'grow up'

'be a man about it'

'you're such a girl'

Yet women I know who have suffered depression have always had the help they needed (I know this isn't the same for all). But being seen as a weak man due to depression is something which needs looking at. 

22 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The people who wanted it cancelled actually said this

**** hell. They're like a parody.

Modern day feminists are words removed, every single one of them. If you want to see a world class moron and professional 'victim' in action, go over to youtube and watch some talks by Laurie Penny.

These people have absolutely nothing positive to contribute to society. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

How sad. Some feminists really are a bitter bunch, not interested in equality but putting down men and belittling their issues, the fact the Uni doesn't see the hypocrisy of their actions and is appeasing them is disgusting.

• Like 1

Black Friday.

It's so dispiriting it's become "an event" here, the build up to it, news coverage etc. 

Not sure if it's the retailer's cynical message of "it's time to shop" at a given date which has next to no meaning to UK consumers or the sight of the frenzied stampeding and fighting over goods that irritates me more.

Â