Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Back on topic

- words removed who play out their personal lives and dramas on social media. rocket polishers. 

- The Kardashian clan. Waste of oxygen, the lot of them

- People who use their mobile phone while driving. You can afford a £50k car but not a £20 bluetooth headset or a handsfree kit? I hope you crash into a quarry. 

- Screaming kids in coffee shops and pubs and their useless parents doing **** all. 

I'm done :D

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Back on topic

- words removed who play out their personal lives and dramas on social media. rocket polishers. 

- The Kardashian clan. Waste of oxygen, the lot of them

- People who use their mobile phone while driving. You can afford a £50k car but not a £20 bluetooth headset or a handsfree kit? I hope you crash into a quarry. 

- Screaming kids in coffee shops and pubs and their useless parents doing **** all. 

I'm done :D

I've been over and over this list. Can't find anything to criticise.

If I was to go hyper critical...nah, it's fine as it is.

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I tried to get on a bus down here in London town the other day. I walked up to the cabin and opened my wallet . . . He looked at me witheringly, and said in a really patronising voice 'We don't take cash any more, you need an Oyster card or a day pass' . . . I slunk away, abashed. **** London, why is everything so complicated? I felt like less of a foreigner living in Hanoi. 

I'm amazed he actually spoke to you. They usually just grunt at people who dare ask them a question.

Also, people in London don't queue for the bus. They just shove their way on in a mob. That pisses me off still and i've lived here for 10 years.

You can always tell when you've reached the perimeter of London when people start to wait their **** turn to get on to the train.

I'm always seeing people saying there's no way they could ever move out of London, despite the absurd prices for everything, and I just wonder why, I can't imagine a place in Britain I'd like to live in less.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I tried to get on a bus down here in London town the other day....

They have buses in London? Awesome. I've heard that everything's in colour too, not like up in the north. Mind you, all these new fangled things they have down there - nowt good 'll come of it.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You can always tell when you've reached the perimeter of London when people start to wait their **** turn to get on to the train.

I'm always seeing people saying there's no way they could ever move out of London, despite the absurd prices for everything, and I just wonder why, I can't imagine a place in Britain I'd like to live in less.

I pay out a **** load of money to share a flat in a shit hole in zone 1. The people who say they could never move out of London tend to be the infantilised sort who want to prolong their university lifestyle. 

For those who really want to lead an adult life, London is pretty impossible unless you earn outrageous money or are prepared to live in the sticks and spend 4-5 grand on a season ticket plus a couple of stressful hours a day commuting. 

I love Londonbut I can understand how living there could be a problem for some.

What I tend to do when I have a few consecutive days there is book a hotel close to Heathrow and just commute that last few miles in and out. My routine visit will be either from home or hotel, drive in to Hammersmith and then depending on where I'm going either park at the office or park in the Westfield shopping centre (secure parking all day, in London, £9). From Westfield, it's about a 5 minute walk to one of three different tube stations.

Easy.

I love London but I'm speaking as a visitor. Its a wonderful city with so much to do and see. 

I do kind of regret not moving to London in my 20's and experiencing it that way. Maybe I would have a different view if I did and had to survive on my salary!

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

I do kind of regret not moving to London in my 20's and experiencing it that way. Maybe I would have a different view if I did and had to survive on my salary!

I sometimes think about it. I'm only 27, and have a few friends who live there, and without exception they all speak about how amazing it is to have so many different events on their doorstep, there's always something going on, there are more job opopportunities,  more shops, loads more restaurants and bars.

But then, they all earn over twice what I do and all have a room in shared houses/flats which most of them would describe as a shithole without hesitation, and no **** chance of getting their own place, while I have a 3 bed house to myself "up north", in Nottingham. I think I can live with a bit of a trek if I want to go to a concert.

This stuff about a 'ban' on The Lord's Prayer advert.

Regardless of whether or not you think it's a good idea for it not to be played (I guess that's better discussed in the religion thread), it's not a 'ban' in as much as not being allowed to be played/shown. It has clearance from both the BBFC and the Cinema Advertising Authority, apparently.

It's a choice made by a private, commercial organization (DCM) not to purchase and supply that advert (for whatever reason they've chosen - the reports have it that they refuse to approve of and supply any political or religious advertising).

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

Â