Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

When Blu-Rays have fewer extras than DVDs. Why do I now have two copies in two different formats of many movies because the Blu-Ray one doesn't have the Director's Commentary, or some other key bonus feature that the DVD had?

Edited by HanoiVillan

When Blu-Rays have fewer extras than DVDs. Why do I now have two copies in two different formats of many movies because the Blu-Ray one doesn't have the Director's Commentary, or some other key bonus feature that the DVD had?

I wasnt aware anyone even bothered watching dvd extra's. whats's the point?

• Like 3

Most of it is total shit but a commentary of a favourite film can be a real treat.

• Like 2

The fact that facebook after all these years still doesn't have the ability to bring you directly to your own post in a thread of thousands of responses to an article.  So now I can't find and read the responses to my post, that my notifications have alerted me to :rant:

One that annoys me.

The fact that you can tag a friend into a post or story I get, thats fine. But nobody cares so once it has happened that post should be hidden. If it is purely a name link and nothing else it shouldn't be visible.

• Like 1

I could turn that around and say what's the point of buying a DVD or a Blu-Ray if you aren't interested in the extras? If I'm only interested in the final version of the film, I can watch it for free online. 

Extras are one of the few competitive advantages movie studios have when it comes to home viewing, which makes it all the weirder that Blu-Ray versions are worse than their DVD counterparts. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

Very occasionally I'll watch some commentary or behind the scenes stuff if it's a film I really like and am genuinely interested in. But yeah, most of the time I couldn't care less.

Most of it is total shit but a commentary of a favourite film can be a real treat.

The exact opposite. I always watch the extras ('making of' docs, deleted scenes, etc.), but to this day I have NEVER listened to a 'commentary'. Don't see the point.

Patchy wifi at the refurbished New Street station. 

Who cares when you've got a John Lewis? Train delayed or moved to another platform at the last minute? No worries as there's some new shops to visit. What about the same old capacity issues? Ah doesn't matter, have you seen the new atrium? 

• Like 1

My father was bringing the dog for a walk today. Down a country road. The most country road really. Just before there's grass running down the middle of it. A farm land really. Anyway the dog ran up towards another dog and a car hit her coming around a corner. A woman with two kids. The dog is an English pointer. About a year old. Anyway she's fine, but the driver is saying that there's a scratch on the bumper now and it's loose. I'm not sure how much damage hitting a medium sized dog could do to a bumper, or how it could scratch it, but regardless she's asking for money. No pictures were taken of the damage and she's just got my father's phone number. Around that area the most she should have been doing coming around a corner would be 20/30km/h, but she was likely to have been doing a good bit more. So she's going to ring my father later on to tell him the damage and how much it's going to cost. I reckon she could well be looking for him to pay for damage done when she hit a wall or similar previously. word removed

my neighbours kid rode her bike into my car the other day , scratched the front wing quite badly ... the mum was present and they've offered to pay  but they don't have that sort of money that they really want to be paying out for what could be a whole re spray of the front wing   ... I'm are going to try the old magic polish from Halfords and see if it does the job but I'm not convinced it will

guess I'll have to either live with it or pay and get it done myself ..or give the bad news to my neighbours 

The exact opposite. I always watch the extras ('making of' docs, deleted scenes, etc.), but to this day I have NEVER listened to a 'commentary'. Don't see the point.

I particularly like the commentaries of film historians like Dana Polan and Drew Casper.

• Like 1

Spinal Tap - Directors Commentary - whole. new. film. Just as much a hoot as the movie from start to finish

• Like 1

This new breed of conor mcgregor types who grow a beard and suddenly think they are double `ard bastards ......and clearings in the woods at lidl or aldi who have one or two items who ask do you mind if I go ahead of you ....well yes YES I do mind !!!! 

• Like 1

Â