Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The fact that convicted rapist Mike Tyson is not treated with the same disdain as convicted rapist Ched Evans.

I wonder at what point Convicted Rapist Ched Evans will be allowed to drop the first 2 words from his new name?

Yes, was a bit daft of him to change his name by deed poll like that.

• Like 1

I buy a lot of music and a lot of it is from independent artists and on the whole they do a good job, but **** me, a lot of them just dont give a toss about the people buying their stuff. I have had to chase singers up multiple times as things havent been sent. Its riling me a lot at the moment.

Edited by Seat68

Use of the word "Sophomore", especially spreading to UK publication.

"Her sophomore album"

Shut up, stop being pretentious. You mean "her second album".

Yep. Had this exact same gripe a few days ago

Use of the word "Sophomore", especially spreading to UK publication.

"Her sophomore album"

Shut up, stop being pretentious. You mean "her second album".

I always thought that the whole purpose of rock journalism was to be as pretentious as possible; as Charles Shaar Murray and Julie Burchill demonstrated abundantly.

How else are the latest generation supposed to conclude that their musical taste means something more than a predictable hormonal response? 

This stupid idea for selling records. For some reason people have pledge $15,000 to it on kickstarter, the phrase 'hand-curated' is pretty annoying too.

Am I right in saying, they send you records, and you either keep them (and I assume pay for), or you send them back? Isn't it just an updated version of Britannia Music Club?

This stupid idea for selling records. For some reason people have pledge $15,000 to it on kickstarter, the phrase 'hand-curated' is pretty annoying too.

Am I right in saying, they send you records, and you either keep them (and I assume pay for), or you send them back? Isn't it just an updated version of Britannia Music Club?

Yep, looked like Britannia.

I presume it's clever vinyl that can't be ripped? Otherwise, er, ...

Using a woman with arguably the finest butt on the planet to advertise toothpaste

Such a waste , she should be advertising g-strings or knee length boots or something

Hey, they made me a good offer!

• Like 1

I don't know what Britannia Music Club is, well I've heard of it, I just don't know how it works.

On the site I linked to, you pick from their list of 'vibes' and they send you some records based on that, you don't even know what your going to get. Just the idea of someone else picking your music like that seems wrong to me. Rough Trade's album of the month subscription is similar and something else I don't understand at all

I don't know what Britannia Music Club is, well I've heard of it, I just don't know how it works.

On the site I linked to, you pick from their list of 'vibes' and they send you some records based on that, you don't even know what your going to get. Just the idea of someone else picking your music like that seems wrong to me. Rough Trade's album of the month subscription is similar and something else I don't understand at all

I believe the somebody else picking the music gives the potential to hear something you like, that you would not have picked if left to your own devices. You get to discover stuff.

Â