Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I don't think a news story in the past year has angered me as much as this cancer kid story. Filth is what I'd call the British government for their actions in seeking an arrest warrant for parents who are going to pay for better private treatment abroad. 

The worst part is that they still want extradition instead of just accepting they overreacted and let the family take care of their son. 

• Like 2

people playing their music on a laptop speaker at work, without headphones, on the whole its right dross, today some tripe called David Guetta.

A fine example of the delusion too many people have that their musical tastes are so universally understood to be unimpeachable, that they assume everyone wants to hear their latest selection.

These people habitually preface their aural assault with the word - Enjoy!

I never do this, if anything, I say you wont like it if people ask what am I listening to. I appreciate enthusiasm for music and if I worked with like minded people then I could understand it.

I have definitely had that narcissistic feeling, where I loved a piece of music so much that I couldn't really believe anyone could possibly dislike it.

So I understand why people do it but it doesn't make their imposition forgiveable.

All too often music you don't like can be actually unbearable - presently I am watching the first series of The Wire but have to mute the sound at the start of every episode because I can't stand that particular version of Tom Waits' Down In The Hole. :blush:

ive got a mate whos a big foo fighters fan, im not but everytime i go round his house or when he comes to mine hes constantly trying to convert me by playing them. here you are mate listen to this or listen to that one, does my head in.

I don't think a news story in the past year has angered me as much as this cancer kid story. Filth is what I'd call the British government for their actions in seeking an arrest warrant for parents who are going to pay for better private treatment abroad. 

The worst part is that they still want extradition instead of just accepting they overreacted and let the family take care of their son.

There is no greater crime (in terms of the ferocity with which it will be punished) than embarrassing a bureaucrat.

• Like 1

People who receive a phone call, say "Hello" and then there's nobody there. Then they proceed to say "hello?" for about 5 minutes.

There's nobody there! Something went wrong. Just hang the **** up.

• Like 2

People who receive a phone call, say "Hello" and then there's nobody there. Then they proceed to say "hello?" for about 5 minutes.

Yeah this. 2x Hello and then its off.

• Like 1

It is definitely irritating.

People should be obliged to at least rehearse some interesting improvisation, to justify the interruption.

Neeson's reply in Taken, would the right sort of thing.

Then when people ask who it was, they could say - 'Wrong number!'

• Like 1

Agreed, although I do occassionally do a couple more Hello's, if I can hear that it's the GF and her phone has inadvertantly called me from her bag/purse. I sometimes think she'll hear me if I shout :blush:

sometimes when this happens curiosity gets the better of me, and I listen in for a few seconds to see if I can hear what she's up to. :P

• Like 2

Agreed, although I do occassionally do a couple more Hello's, if I can hear that it's the GF and her phone has inadvertantly called me from her bag/purse. I sometimes think she'll hear me if I shout :blush:

sometimes when this happens curiosity gets the better of me, and I listen in for a few seconds to see if I can hear what she's up to. :P

Those sucking noises are werthers originals mate, honestly.
  • Like 2

Those sucking noises are werthers originals mate, honestly.

Fisherman's Friend? ;)

GF?!  Does your wife know?!

GF?! Does your wife know?!

Oooops! I'm always forgetting I'm actually married. :huh:^_^

Â