Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The men who made us fat was a good and interesting documentary, seemed to blame a lot of the obesity problems on 'high fructose corn syrup'.

yep very good.

Interesting bit about how food cultures have changed in this country.

I mentioned it before on here and got shot down by Mooney and the like so not sure how accurate it is. Interesting though.

• Like 1

I think he was just disagreeing with idea that in the old days people were less inclined to eat on the streets. I think High Fructose Corn Syrup was something introduced into American diets in the seventies because it's a lot cheaper than actual sugar, and so companies could start offering supersize portions and everthying. They use it in this country as well I think but under a different name.

I still eat chips, curry , Mayo , fried chicken etc, but honestly, all I have done is knock the pop ,sugar and biscuits/cakes on the head . I only did it for the sake of my teeth . The weight loss was an unexpected bonus hence why I never planned for having no bloody clothes !

I still eat chips, curry , Mayo , fried chicken etc, but honestly, all I have done is knock the pop ,sugar and biscuits/cakes on the head . I only did it for the sake of my teeth . The weight loss was an unexpected bonus hence why I never planned for having no bloody clothes !

You could always get your current clothes tailored instead of buying new ones.

You could always get your current clothes tailored instead of buying new ones.

I live in Erdington not Kensington.

• Like 4

I really need to cut my sugar. Have too much fizzy drinks, especially chocolate and sweets. Never new what a difference cutting it out would make, congrats Brumerican! Did you do any particular exercises to aid the weight loss?

Like I said , my job is physically hard enough as it is so I didn't require additional exercise . I just cut out loads of sugar .I used to drink beer daily so that was a huge part of it and going from 2 sugars in tea to none was a key part .

• Like 1

xfactor, i cant abide it anyway but all those pissing tears wind me up.

DHUTWU though?

not my cup of tea at all but shes got a filfhy look about her i like.
nude pics of her on twitter if you look for them.

What's the thing with 'diet' fizzy drinks, I'm sure I've seen somewhere that they are also bad for people trying to drop a bit of weight?

Its mostly myth.

The train of thought that diet coke etc cause you to gain weight is based on the thinking that the artificially sweet drink causes the brain to misunderstand the relationship between sweetness and calories so you end up craving sweet food more and also don't realise how much you're eating when you do.

It's not backed up by much science at all. Most claims seem to be based on one study of rats where the group that were fed real sweetener as opposed to artificial sweetener ate less sweet food. But that could be put down to the fact they were getting more calories from their sweetener and so needed less food.

The basic fact is there are significantly less calories in diet drinks than normal sodas. So if you're trying to lose weight then they are obviously better than normal soda drinks.

Losing weight should be about calorie counting, in which case its hard to argue that diet drinks are worse than normal drinks because they are zero calories.

• Like 1

Been in a cast after ankle surgery for a 9 days now. Fallen half way down the stairs once and just put all my weight on my bad leg after slipping. I give up. I'm getting a bucket and I'm staying in bed for the next 11 weeks!

Â