Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Oh and I also think Kanye West is absolutely superb.

An utter UTTER bellend. But a very good artist.

Wouldn't have him that high on any list, but anyway.

i've got about 3 of his albums, i think each one has 3 maybe 4 really good tracks on it but a ridiculous amount of filler too, late registration for example, over 20 tracks, maybe 4 of them are any good, nothing new to hip hop, take the score by the fugees for example, probably one of the biggest hip hop albums of the 90s, that's exactly the same, got 3/4 amazing songs on it then a couple of shite songs and a couple of skits

the thing that annoyed me about kanye west was that he was so much higher than many other rappers, i wouldnt have him higher than jay-z, tupac, enimen and nowhere near dre

Can't disagree with your last point.

As for Kanye, I think most of his albums are gold.

Late Registration would be one of my desert island discs. I love it from start to finish.

His weak point was 808s and heartbreaks. That was total shite.

But imagine if they'd done this list in, say, 1966. It would have The Beatles, Stones, Who, etc. all over it - quite rightly. But the old farts would scoff... "But these bands have only been around for three or four years... where are the real masters? Nat King Cole? Hoagy Carmichael? Bing Crosby? Judy Garland?"

And they'd have been wrong.

That I'm watching "my daughter the teenage nudist "

It pisses me off because their web blog is called naked vegan cooking

Poxy students and their faux vegan crap

Edited by tonyh29

That I'm watching "my daughter the teenage nudist "

It pisses me off because their web blog is called naked vegan cooking

Poxy students and their faux vegan crap

To be fair mate, I don't think it's 'faux vegan', they're the real deal. 

Skynews ..............

You can quote me - I'd like to set fire to Kay Burley and Steve Dixon in one big wicker man homage pyre of petrol and dry twine.

Smug, judgemental journalistic twattery.

I quite like Lorna Dunkley though... I'd quite happily take her out for a carvery meal and pay top dollar for good wine and finished off with the finest vanilla cheesecake. I'd even pay for her taxi home. Lovely woman.

• Like 1

thats a ridiculous list, a cool list for the cool kids who boast about how they listen to bands that you've never heard of because of how cool they are

assuming they left the beatles and dylan etc off for a reason, but either make it new or make it all encompassing, you cant leave them off but still include the likes of led zepplin and fleetwood mac

Yup. It's the kind of list that some loud, 'wacky' Radio 1 presenter would write.

I wouldn't expect them to make it into any kind of list like that, but my favourite band NOFX should be on it, if there's a proper one. They've been going for almost 30 years and have influenced hundreds of punk/ pop punk/ new pop rock bands, for those who haven't heard of them.

But imagine if they'd done this list in, say, 1966. It would have The Beatles, Stones, Who, etc. all over it - quite rightly. But the old farts would scoff... "But these bands have only been around for three or four years... where are the real masters? Nat King Cole? Hoagy Carmichael? Bing Crosby? Judy Garland?"

And they'd have been wrong.

Agreed.

You can either go down the very dry academic route of trying to extract basic maths and prove 'x' started in central africa 900 years ago and 'y' first appeared in icelandic fishing ditties in 1770. Or, you might just as well argue over which is the nicest colour (it's baby blue, just like my 5c).

The 'list', is simply everything that has gone before. From Wagner, Mozart, Music Hall, Methodism, Woody Guthrie, The BBC Radiophonic Workshop, The New York Dolls and The Bay City Rollers.

Everything except heavy metal, which is the musical equivalent of Down's.

Jason Manford.

Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester.

He's from Manchester.

Jason Manford.

Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester, Manchester.

He's from Manchester.

to be fair that could be anyone from manchester....

• Like 3

Jason Manford.

He's from Manchester.

Isn't that an impression of everyone from Manchester?

Edit: Damn too slow again! Should read the full thread before posting...

Edited by dAVe80

59. Chic

Nice of them to acknowledge black people can form a band and play their own instruments.

Chic, but no Funkadelic / Parliament? Nile Rodgers = Flavour of the month.

Jason Manford.

He's from Manchester.

to be fair that could be anyone from manchester....

or Birmingham!  ;)

had some good action last night, started off in the living room and while we were in the living room on the sofa i had the golden shower. just got up this morning and sat on the sofa ready to go work and i realise my arse is wet, doh  :wacko: going to stink of piss today  :D  this is the piss you off thread though.

• Like 2

Â