Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Journalists finding out where I live and hanging around outside..hmmm.

Let me know where you live and I'll pop over and sort them out ;)

Good effort. :)

What can I say? I offer to teach her the finer points of ice hockey - rebuffed. I offer to sort out the paps - nothing. That medal's changed her ;)

just had for a meal with friends waiter brings over receipt

I put in for mine and a tip already.

one guy looks at receipt, sees 10% service charge "I ain't paying a service charge", someone else says it's extortionate, and starts taking it off everyone's meal and giving out change.

****ing hate when people are being cheap about a tip, and I put in for a tip don't start giving it back to me as 'change'.

I don't like being told to pay a service charge, it ain't British. I do tip a good meal, by that's probably only half the time. I'm sure this has been done before in this topic mind.

Although the American compulsory tipping model works well, we don't do that over here.

I agree completely

having a service charge forced on you is wrong, but it was the petty way they went about using that as an excuse not to leave a tip.

"I would've tipped but I'm not now"

It's not the waiters fault ffs.

if the service or the food didn't deserve tipping that's fair enough.

giving me the tip I had left back was just too much.

• Like 1

Some dark force in the universe that doesn't like my putting air in my tires. I'll normally get petrol at the same time, so I'll get that first and then some air and always by the time I come out from paying, someone is just pulling in to the air and water space.

I went out about 40 minutes ago to get some. There was just me and a taxi in the station, so I start filling up and then some girls pull up and park across two spaces, one being the air and water space while they go in to buy stuff. Should have rammed them.

Going back to the credit card conversation, I can't see any downsides with them if they are used properly and you are disciplined. I've learnt my lesson in the past!

There are cashback ones that pay a percentage back on your normal shop. As long as you pay it off in full at the end of the month you are getting money back for nothing. Plus it gives you a few extra weeks to pay until the bill is issued. Similar to cashback are rewards cards, which offer air miles etc instead.

Also, if you need to make a big purchase (furniture, new TV, etc) then you can use a 0% on new purchase card. Why wouldn't you want to use interest free credit? Its also not just about materialistic things, what if you moved house, used up a lot of your cash and your boiler went? Would you just wait months, sitting in the cold until you had the money to pay for it outright or would you put it on the card?

I also use my credit card for security reasons. Not only does the credit card company insure the purchase, if i'm abroad and paying for hotels, flights etc in Asia or Africa, i'd much rather use my credit card then debit card. Purely for the reason if it is cloned then i'd rather it be the CC account and not my current account.

There are many advantages to them, assuming you use them in a disciplined way. 

• Like 2

Going back to the credit card conversation, I can't see any downsides with them if they are used properly and you are disciplined. I've learnt my lesson in the past!

There are cashback ones that pay a percentage back on your normal shop. As long as you pay it off in full at the end of the month you are getting money back for nothing. Plus it gives you a few extra weeks to pay until the bill is issued. Similar to cashback are rewards cards, which offer air miles etc instead.

Also, if you need to make a big purchase (furniture, new TV, etc) then you can use a 0% on new purchase card. Why wouldn't you want to use interest free credit? Its also not just about materialistic things, what if you moved house, used up a lot of your cash and your boiler went? Would you just wait months, sitting in the cold until you had the money to pay for it outright or would you put it on the card?

I also use my credit card for security reasons. Not only does the credit card company insure the purchase, if i'm abroad and paying for hotels, flights etc in Asia or Africa, i'd much rather use my credit card then debit card. Purely for the reason if it is cloned then i'd rather it be the CC account and not my current account.

Yup. I actually work for one of the two biggest credit card companies in the world and there are many benefits of credit cards I did not know. Some of them being: extending warranties on purchases made by a year, price match which will refund you money if you buy something and it goes on sale cheaper within 90 days, money back if you make a purchase and just don't really like the product, automatic CDW coverage on rental cars and much more.

Edited by LockStockVilla

I dont really see why anyone should pay any interest on credit cards. You can get credit cards with like, 30 months interest free on balance transfers.

Get one and transfer your other cards onto that. Pay the minimum until they're paid off. Or if the interest free runs out transfer it again.

I got about 3 grand onto a credit card a few years back when I first bought my house and had to do some work on it but couldn't afford it.

Never paid a penny interest on it.

• Like 1

I dont really see why anyone should pay any interest on credit cards. You can get credit cards with like, 30 months interest free on balance transfers.

Get one and transfer your other cards onto that. Pay the minimum until they're paid off. Or if the interest free runs out transfer it again.

I got about 3 grand onto a credit card a few years back when I first bought my house and had to do some work on it but couldn't afford it.

Never paid a penny interest on it.

Credit rating.

I got in some trouble with a card a few years back. Broke up with my ex, buried my head in the sand a wee bit. I'm 30 years old, 50/50 own my own business as a director with assets totalling way more than the average yearly wage. I take a salary of £30k a year and 10% of any gross income over a certain amount per month. We've had a good run of late and I've got savings. Nothing mental, but enough that you can see I'm solvent.

My own bank won't even give me a credit card, despite knowing my income better than anyone. I've checked out my score, it's "good". I'm reasonably low risk. Best I can do is a card with a 19.9% apr and a £200 limit! They give me cash back on my purchases, but it's no good for long term purchases.

After 18 months with EE, spending over £60 a month (loads of bolt ons for business use) and never missing a payment they won't give me a second line.

The system is ran by robots and it's ****. I'd find it difficult to get a mortgage which is frankly crazy.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Yup. I actually work for one of the two biggest credit card companies in the world and there are many benefits of credit cards I did not know. Some of them being: extending warranties on purchases made by a year, price match which will refund you money if you buy something and it goes on sale cheaper within 90 days, money back if you make a purchase and just don't really like the product, automatic CDW coverage on rental cars and much more.

boo-this-man.gif

Where's CED??

boo-this-man.gif

Where's CED??

He might just be a cleaner?

Â