Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

644462_567203263301139_1881231738_n.jpg

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet (I think this is well known in the US)

Bloke in his 50s moves to Alaska to live, er, alone in the wilderness. He's pretty much self-sufficient building his own cabin and hunting/fishing. The level of craftsmanship he displays is amazing. The cabin is a work of art. He stayed there for most of the next 30 years, coping at over 80 in temperatures of -40C at times.

• Like 2

fecacc60c8e410216b88b829fc26f077.jpg

Watched this recently, incredibly inspirational.

Made me feel a bit daft feeling sorry for myself following my cycling accident.

• Like 2

UK only for the moment (I'm sure it's available elsewhere if you know where to look) but the BBC are doing an interesting series on the construction of Crossrail.  The fifteen billion pound railway.  It's largely focussed on the people building the thing, but some of the feats of engineering are crazy.  The stuff they have to resort to to stop subsidence and trying to squeeze new railway line through a gap between an existing London Underground tunnel and an escalator shaft. 

UK only for the moment (I'm sure it's available elsewhere if you know where to look) but the BBC are doing an interesting series on the construction of Crossrail. The fifteen billion pound railway. It's largely focussed on the people building the thing, but some of the feats of engineering are crazy. The stuff they have to resort to to stop subsidence and trying to squeeze new railway line through a gap between an existing London Underground tunnel and an escalator shaft.

So the same kind of things the Big Dig dealt with 15 years ago...

Well, it's the same kind of things the Metropolitan Railway had to deal with in 1860 in a roundabout kind of way I guess. They didn't have lasers back then though. :(

• Like 1

This is a good short documentary, about America and the New court rulings have declared overcrowded prisons to be unconstitutional. Shows what Salinas Valley State Prison are trying to do about it, and rehabilitating murderers before they get returned to the streets. 

Also the guy at 33:05

rust_cohle.jpg

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Short documentary..

Undercover Cop Tricks Autistic Student into Selling Him Weed.

This is the story of Jesse Snodgrass, a kid with Aspergers Syndrome who was entrapped by an undercover cop posing as a student at Jesse's high school. This is the story of how the war on drugs preys on the most vulnerable.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Has anyone watched Bronies? The documentary about grown men who watch My Little Pony? It's quite interesting, and suprisingly doesn't leave you thinking "what a bunch of freaks/ wierdos/ peados".

Just got round to watching this tonight. Northern Soul documentary from BBC4 last week. Only two days left of it being on iPlayer. Get on it! 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

Â