Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

Exit Through The Gift Shop

Can of worms.

Because of the whole, is it fake or real thing? Having watched it before I realised there was a whole conspiracy thing going on with it, it did make me wonder if some of it was staged. Once I found out the controversy, I'm firmly on the side of saying it's a big hoax (very well made, and enjoyable, non the less).

Aye. Thoroughly enjoyed it but I doubt I'd class it as a documentary. Edited by choffer

A must watch for football fans ^^^

Possible the best documentary ever made, about anything

Watched it last night, typically shaky translation but nothing really lost. Scary times back then man. Colombia has changed so much since. Good Doc. 

Edited by b23avfc
  • Like 1

Pretty amazing run up to the World Cup for them, losing once in 28 matches or something, including the 5-0 thrashing of Argentina in Buenos Aires. That Colombia team was actually good enough to win the whole thing, which made their collapse all the more painful. 

I felt they were pretty overhyped to be honest, although they had some excellent players they were no better than the likes of Romania, Bulgaria and Sweden going in to that particular tournament. So although legit. dark-horses not IMO good enough to be talked about as favourites.

Just watched Sound It Out (I think that's the title) on BBC Iplayer. It's about the last indie record shop in stockton teeside... Interesting if you're into record shops!

Capturing the friedmans is a crazy Doc which was interesting to watch.

What are people's views on catfish? Real or fake?

Given that the tag line for the movie is "don't let anyone tell you what it is", spoilers everyone please! I am intrigued. 

Capturing the friedmans is a crazy Doc which was interesting to watch.

What are people's views on catfish? Real or fake?

My view was that some of it must have been fabricated.

It just seemed weird that they filmed so much of the text conversations and all that that set it all up perfectly.

My guess is the general story is true, but they went back and filmed bits to fill out the middle of the film.

Worth a watch though, it's very interesting, and those kind of people clearly do exist

• 1 month later...
Â