Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched Soccer Coach Zoran and his African Tigers on BBC4. It follows the South Sudan football team's first year of existence. Well worth a watch, I'm sure it'll be available on iPlayer, 

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NQ5KBzD8w0

Fascinating, and utterly horrifying.

When the 25th anniversary of the event came around, I really dug into the story, Jones himself, his childhood, the Temple when they were in San Francisco, and down to the fateful day. I do wonder if there was some CIA involvement. This wasn't too long after their MKULTRA mind control stuff. But who knows, really. Like 9/11, some things seems very suspicious, but the proof is never tangible. 

So sad what happened there. And scary really, the way they massacred the congressman and NBC cameramen. Poor Leo Ryan. Like a lamb to the slaughter, he had no idea how dangerous it really was.

Edited by maqroll

Anyone watch the programme about the miners strike 30 years on ; shown last week. Possibly not the impact around West Mids as it had in other parts of the Country but still very important event. So - Scargill was right (love him or loathe him) about the pit closures; info released under the 30 Year Rule.

Over the weekend I watched "Fire in Babylon" - about the West Indies cricket team of the 70's and 80's

Interesting if Cricket has any interest to you

Went to see that at the cinema. Only 6 people in there, and 2 walked out! I was p*ssing myself laughing, thinking that those two people probably sat down to watch an action blockbuster, and got a documentary about West Indian cricket! :D

I loved it, but I am a big fan of cricket. Great soundtrack too. Full of Reggae, which is no bad thing.

Over the weekend I watched "Fire in Babylon" - about the West Indies cricket team of the 70's and 80's

I watched it with my Dada and he really liked it and he rarely likes anything so I was impressed.

I watched "The Two Escobars" last night. Truly outstanding. 

Yeah, I agree, brilliant film.

I watched it with my Dada and he really liked it and he rarely likes anything so I was impressed.

Is your dad CED?

Any suggestions similar to Restrepo and Armadillo?

Try and get hold of The Tillman Story. Not sure it ever got a release over here but it is very very good.

Finally got round to watching it. It was very good  :thumb:

The way they tried to spin the whole situation makes you wonder about the possibility that it wasn't entirely an accident...

Â