Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

The NOW link us with Villa for £12m today. What a great signing he would be but I think we might need to find another £6 - £12m for him. But, "Villa scores for Villa" would have a great ring to it.

That is just lazy journalism at its best!!!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw about Villa in NOW, I think they missed a 0 off the end of the £12mil fee though as i seem to remember Valencia's president stating that they would open negotiations at £100mil when Chelsea were interested.

I also read Ashton to Newcastle for 10m.

Id be furious if he went there and we wernt in for him. Really and excellent footballer. Could easily play whatever role you wanted him to, whether as a replacement for Carew, or playing off him goal-getting.

Fair enough if he wants to go there ahead of us, he doesnt understand the concept of a quality club, but if we arnt in the running.....just.........GRRRR

i'd be upset if davis and ridge left.

Both are still young and both have shown enough to me that they are capable of becoming really good players.

In fact i'd say both are pretty good players right now

......I'm just glad we've got Martin O'Neill.

Saw about Villa in NOW, I think they missed a 0 off the end of the £12mil fee though as i seem to remember Valencia's president stating that they would open negotiations at £100mil when Chelsea were interested.

We all know Chelski get a different price for a player they want over every other club, if we got David Villa for say 15m then great, i don't care how much, just get this striker in our team, he is simply superb.. not just cause of his name though.

Please, Please, Please MON do everything you can to get him!!!

We all know Chelsea get a different price for a player they want over every other club, if we got David Villa for say 15m then great, i don't care how much, just get this striker in our team, he is simply superb.. not just cause of his name though.

And please get us Ronaldinho, Cannavaro and Buffon as well. Or maybe we should be a little bit more realistic.

We all know Chelsea get a different price for a player they want over every other club, if we got David Villa for say 15m then great, i don't care how much, just get this striker in our team, he is simply superb.. not just cause of his name though.

And please get us Ronaldinho, Cannavaro and Buffon as well. Or maybe we should be a little bit more realistic.

Yeah il stand by being realistic.. lets get Villa in the door first and maybe worry after that about the others in mention later! 8)

As much as i'd love to sign Villa I can't see him coming to us to be honest.

Be interesting to see what develops at Liverpool with regards to the Riise and Bellamy saga.

A Summer Swoop for the Welsh Madman wouldn't suprise me.

Having said that, i'd prefer Keane or Bent over Bellamy anyday of the week.

I think the recent incidents would make a swoop for Bellamy less likely. MON will not want trouble makers like him here!

I would say that MON is more likely to go on his own judgement and experiences of Bellamy (considering he has signed him in the past) than what is being reported in The Sun.

I think the recent incidents would make a swoop for Bellamy less likely. MON will not want trouble makers like him here!

I would say that MON is more likely to go on his own judgement and experiences of Bellamy (considering he has signed him in the past) than what is being reported in The Sun.

Agreed, MON has signed Savage, Hartson, Bellamy who have all had reputations as trouble makers. He didn't close the door on Hendrie even though the bloke is a class A muppet.

Even Carew had a certain reputation for being 'awkward'.

If memory serves me right Bellamy didn't have too many disciplinary problems in Scotland.

If anyone can keep a player in check it's MON.

How about Alfonso Alves from Heerenveen? He's scored 23 goal in the Dutch Prem this season and Dutch players usually succeed in the English Prem

If he's half as successful as RVN we'll have him :)

p.s. didn't Marcus Allback come from Herenveen?

Yeah il stand by being realistic.. lets get Villa in the door first and maybe worry after that about the others in mention later! 8)

Read somewhere today that he would only consider the top four! Players like that are not in our league... yet!

Reading recent newspaper reports it sounds like Bellamy will be leaving Liverpool over the summer. We all know that he is an absolute nutter, but if MON manage to get him to produce the goods for Celtic could he get him to do the same for Villa?

He is a proven goalscorer, but its the baggage that he brings with him to every club he has played for. Could it be worth say a 5million bid?

well yes. But thne again, i'd take Barton in a shot, but wouldn't touch Bellendamy with a barge pole.

I suppose Joey is still young enough to grow up and learn to behave. With bellendamy, i think it's more a case of old dogs and new tricks ....

plus i just don't like Bellendamy .....