Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Guess who just scored against Barcelona....

Riise? :lol:

Now, that's just great. Both Bellamy and Riise on the scoresheet now.

Someone tell Carew to beat the crap out of Bouma in the hotelroom tonight. If that doesn't bring out the goals then I'm out of ideas. :winkold:

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a think about possible signings that could give us a decent first team and each of the new signings are all home grown players. None of this would be set in stone, but I think it's a tad more realistic than signing Eto'o etc.!

The formation lined up will be a 4-3-3

Players Out:

Angel - £2m?

Taylor - £1.5m

Sutton - Free

Delaney - Free

Samuel - £1m

Dj Twins - £1m

Hendrie - £1m

Paddy Berger - £500k

Total - £7m

Players In:

Foster - £4m

Bardsley - £1.5m

Barton - £5.5m

Sidwell - Free???

Ashton - £8m

Total - £19m

Squad list:

GK - Foster/Sorenson

DL - Barry/Bouma

DR - Bardsley/Hughes

CD - Laursen/Ridgewell

CD - Mellberg/Cahill

DM - Barton/McCann

CM - Davis/(Gardner/Ozzy)

CM - Sidwell/Pertov

WL - Maloney/Moore

FC - Carew/Ashton

WR - Young/Gabby

A couple of extra possibilities; Getting a more experienced CM to rotate with Davo, replacing Hughes with another RB and possibly another more experienced CB to help the younger lads.

Overall, that would mean 17 of the first team were home nation players which should help to raise the profile of Villa within the UK.

Any thoughts?

Tubby, your list makes good reading and I can't really disagree with the ins and outs you have listed. However, signing these players is another matter. Also, getting rid of spme of our fringe players may not be that easy, unless we're willing to waive a fee.

Time will tell but your list of targets are all gettable imo.

OK we'll go back on topic, but El_Hierro is right, it's 14 in 41 which was my point all along :nod:

Good. Then I won't mention that Kanoute got a goal coming on as a sub in Martin Jol's first game in charge. Or that he scored a screamer vs Fulham when he came on as a sub... :-)

Deal :thumb:

Foster is a cracking keeper, United wont let him go and Barton is a nob IMO, Tubby.

I think Ashton would be a good buy but there may be a few players become available between now and next summer, we'll just have to wait and see.

We need to sign top quality players for RB, DM and LW.

One player I would absolutely love to see at Villa during the summer is Stephen Appiah, currently at Fenerbache. IMO Appiah must be the perfect target for MON, strong, combative, creative, goalscoring, really an all-round midfielder.

I think he would be fantastic alongside Petrov, both with defensive skills and lots of creativity. A smashing midfield duo IMO.

I'm not sure it will happen though. I think we'll go for Sidwell.

EH - Why not both? Sidwell is creative as well as defensive and we'd need a defensive minded player to put McCann under pressure.

Baz - if not Barton how about Reo-Coker? Either of them have the attitude that we need to get the fight in on the pitch that McCann doesn't have consistently! It's a bit of agression that makes players proper players in our league!

EH - Why not both? Sidwell is creative as well as defensive and we'd need a defensive minded player to put McCann under pressure.

Baz - if not Barton how about Reo-Coker? Either of them have the attitude that we need to get the fight in on the pitch that McCann doesn't have consistently! It's a bit of agression that makes players proper players in our league!

How about Bellamy then? Born to play in a 4-3-3, has skill, pace, tenacity, aggression?

Outs:

Taylor = 1.5m

Hughes = 1m

Samuel = 1m

Hendrie = free

Berger = free

delaney = free

sutton = free

Dj twins = 1m

Angel = 1m

total = 5.5m

Ins:

Ustari = 3m or Boruc 7m

Bardsley = 1.5m

Volz = 2m

Bridge = 3m

Konmpany = 7m

Sidwell = free

Reo Coker = 3m

Quaresma = 8m

Ahton = 5m

Villa = 20m

Total = 52.5m

Team:

...............................................................Ustari

Volz................................Kompany.........................Laursen..........................Bridge

Quaresma.....................Sidwell.............................Reo Coker.......................Barry

........................................Ashton...........................Villa

Subs out of:

Sorenson, Bardsley, Mellberg, Cahill, Ridgewell, Bouma, McCann, Petrov, Davis, Maloney, Gabby, Young, Moore, Carew.

Happy Days

Outs:

Taylor = 1.5m

Hughes = 1m

Samuel = 1m

Hendrie = free

Berger = free

delaney = free

sutton = free

Dj twins = 1m

Angel = 1m

total = 5.5m

Ins:

Ustari = 3m or Boruc 7m

Bardsley = 1.5m

Volz = 2m

Bridge = 3m

Konmpany = 7m

Sidwell = free

Reo Coker = 3m

Quaresma = 8m

Ahton = 5m

Villa = 20m

Total = 52.5m

Team:

Volz................................Kompany.........................Laursen..........................Bridge

Quaresma.....................Sidwell.............................Reo Coker.......................Barry

Subs out of:

Sorenson, Bardsley, Mellberg, Cahill, Ridgewell, Bouma, McCann, Petrov, Davis, Maloney, Gabby, Young, Moore, Carew.

Happy Days

Go back to FM2007!! :lol:

The point was to aim at a little more realistic team. Do people seriously still think that even though we have millions we can attract David Villa? Come on now!
He may just prefer a move to Barcelona, Chelsea or Manchester United.

The point was to aim at a little more realistic team. Do people seriously still think that even though we have millions we can attract David Villa? Come on now!
He may just prefer a move to Barcelona, Chelsea or Manchester United.

No he doesnt! :lol:

Bolton are to bid for Aston Villa left-back JLoyd Samuel on a free transfer.

Great idea. Iván Campo wants away. We swap him for Samuel. Then we loan Campo to our dear friends in Smell Heath, seeing as they so much want to pull a big coup with crumbs from the table of the Great and Good. And at last lady Birmingham fans would have the sex symbol they've been craving for ever since Gil Merrick retired. :P

Outs:

Taylor = 1.5m

Hughes = 1m

Samuel = 1m

Hendrie = free

Berger = free

delaney = free

sutton = free

Dj twins = 1m

Angel = 1m

total = 5.5m

Ins:

Ustari = 3m or Boruc 7m

Bardsley = 1.5m

Volz = 2m

Bridge = 3m

Konmpany = 7m

Sidwell = free

Reo Coker = 3m

Quaresma = 8m

Ahton = 5m

Villa = 20m

Total = 52.5m

Team:

Subs out of:

Happy Days

You dont rate much of the present team do you!

Outs and why

Mark Delaney - Free (Gives us nothing except injuries)

J'Lloyd Samuel - 500K (Offer us nothing as he is totally off everything)

Martin Laursen - 1M (His ability is wrecked by injuries that doesn't justify his wages)

Patrik Berger - Free (He is old and he is injured a lot, get him out)

Lee Hendrie - 2M (Don't really rate him anymore)

Eric Djemba-Djemba - 1M (Take the loss and get him out)

Aaron Hughes - 500K (I don't even think of him as a squad-player anymore)

Chris Sutton - Free (Thanks for the goal against Everton. A superb career)

Juan Pablo Angel - 1M (Go to Spain and succeed a bit in the league you are fit for)

Total income (not that it matter): 5M

Ins and why - realistically

Darren Bent - 12M (One of the best strikers in both the league and England)

Dean Ashton - 5M (His club will relegate, better than Carew as a target man)

Nigel Reo-Coker - 5M (There is a lot of hype around him; worth a shot?)

Phillip Bardsley - 2M (Very hungry and he has been tutored by the best)

Curtis Davies - 5M (Unlikely, they will promote. I like the looks of him though)

Scott Parker - 8M (Very unlikely as he is at a club equal or bigger than ours)

Mathieu Bodmer - 6M (French playmaker with a lot of "it" in him I think)

Don't buy him and why

Craig Bellamy - Never settles, never gets his talent out and very disturbing

The important thing in situations like this is to never believe you are better than others. Why should he succeed at Villa when he doesn't do it other places?

Star-buy watch

Quaresma

Well 99% on here hate C. Ronaldo for various reasons. Some hate him because he dives, some hate him because of the England-thing, many hate him because he is an amazing player and I guess many hate him purely on the fact that he looks better than them. Fair enough, but Quaresma is exactly like him. Why? They are best friends! (or so I have read) Quaresma is greasy(er) than Ronaldo, works less in defence and dives a lot more. Other than that he is very good, has great technique and perhaps better crossing than Ronaldo. I would love him here, would you?