Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Either that, or 17 year old Villa fan Shaun Walsh is having a bit of a laugh on Wikipedia.

TBH I think someone's having a laugh putting Darius Vassell as a 'notable player' in the 2000's for Villa too, but there you go.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either that, or 17 year old Villa fan Shaun Walsh is having a bit of a laugh on Wikipedia.

TBH I think someone's having a laugh putting Darius Vassell as a 'notable player' in the 2000's for Villa too, but there you go.

Although considering in that time period he became Villa's highest England goalscorer since David Platt, he's probably worth a mention. And if the likes of Schmeichel and Solano are worthy of inclusion, Vassell certainly is :winkold:

If West Ham don't win at home to Watford they are doomed. If they do win, there is a 50/50 shot I believe.

I desperately want them to relegate, just as bad as Birmingham the previous season. And now it might also

look like Brum is struggling in the Championship!

Although considering in that time period he became Villa's highest England goalscorer since David Platt, he's probably worth a mention. And if the likes of Schmeichel and Solano are worthy of inclusion, Vassell certainly is :winkold:

Schmeichel and Solano are in there for what they've done elsewhere - and are as such notable players. Vassell has done nothing anywhere :) Anyhoodlydoodle.

Schmeichel and Solano are in there for what they've done elsewhere - and are as such notable players. Vassell has done nothing anywhere :) Anyhoodlydoodle.

And Baros was included why?

And Baros was included why?

Services to the bars of Birmingham?

This isn't a suggestion, merely a question:

What about Jonathan Woodgate?

I know he is injury-proned, but what if assured he would not stay that way?

Worth a shot?

Well you cant do that and I'm guessing that you didn't see him get done for England yesterday.He ain't been all that this seaon for me. A good player but not worth the fee and he is certainly not worth the wages.

This isn't a suggestion, merely a question:

What about Jonathan Woodgate?

I know he is injury-proned, but what if assured he would not stay that way?

Worth a shot?

Real Madrid seem pretty sure they've sold him to Middlesbrough. Otherwise he'd be a very good option.

i would love us to get keane and SWP

it seems nailed on with mr howell that we will go in for keane, and MON's said he might go back in for SWP

i hope we sign someone who can play the carew role as well, as i think when hes injured he will be sorely missed (anyone but harewood and heskey)

it seems nailed on with mr howell that we will go in for keane

:shock: :crylaugh:

Seriously though, I think we've slightly missed the boat on Keane. I'd need to see him demonstrate some kind of form for Spurs. I know he's been unfit recently but he has looked really slow - even against San Marino.

im not saying its true, im just saying he seems pretty sure we would make a bid

keanes already stated his admiration for MON, and how everyone he knows whos worked with him has loved it, and i reckon either him or defoe will leave during the summer

i don't know whether MON would go for him though, he won't have a bottomless pit of money and we already have moore, maloney, gabby and young who can play the pacy striker role.

but i would love it if he came here, plenty of passion and as with SWP if he got regular games and was full of confidence he is a joy to watch.

TBH I think with buying 2 strikers in January, MON will be looking to strengthen elsewhere in the summer, as a priority. I wouldn't be totally averse to going for Defoe though.

it seems nailed on with mr howell that we will go in for keane

:shock: :crylaugh:

Seriously though, I think we've slightly missed the boat on Keane. I'd need to see him demonstrate some kind of form for Spurs. I know he's been unfit recently but he has looked really slow - even against San Marino.

I agree with this. I think Keane is past his best and that there are better options.

We may be underestimating the level of player that we'll be able to attract in the summer. As has been widely discussed, there's obviously a lot going on behind the scenes at VP that we don't know about that will make us a very attractive option.

I think Keane is past his best and that there are better options.

Strange really as he is only 25, he seems to have been around forever, bit like Gareth Barry. I'm inclined to agree though really, I think he may have fallen into the 'peaked-too-young' category.

Bill Howell does seem certain about it though :?

As for

Wish list stuff but why not, I'd love to see Gattuso arrive in the summer.

I mentioned him in the McCann thread. It's HIGHLY unlikely but man... could ya imagine it!