Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was extremely happy with the transfer window arrivals, and believe we now have a squad capable of finishing in the top 10. In the summer we need to stregthen further and I suggest the following:

Carson or Gordon

Richardson or Adu

Barton or Reo Coker

Bellamy, Bent, Defoe or Keane

If SWP becomes available we should go for him too!

Out will go Taylor, Berger, DJDJ, Hendrie, Angel and Sutton

Defence however is an interesting one, there are more question marks here than anywhere else in the squad.

Laursen - Needs to prove he can get back to full fitness, a solution would be Ben Haim or Distan or a free transfer.

Bouma - Needs to prove he has fully adapted to the English game, a solution would be Bridge.

Hughes - Just doesn't seem up to the job, but with Delaney on his way in the summer, do we really want to be buying two right backs in the summer?!

I'd Give O'halloran a chance, and make the Bardsley signing a permenant deal. I'd sign Bridge, Ben Haim and Luke Young.

Out would go Delaney, Hughes, Samuel, Bouma, Laursen

This will give us a first team in a 4-3-3 system of:

Carson, Young, Bridge, Ben Haim, Mellberg, Barton, Barry, Petrov, Young, Bellamy, Carew

and a 2nd team of:

Sorenson, Bardsley, Cahill, Ridgewell, O'Halloran, McCann, Davis, Richardson, Maloney, Agbonlahor, Moore

Very Strong in my opinion, might be too many changes just for the summer, so some could take in the next january transfer window.

My shopping list for the summer would be:

1.Stephen Appiah(need to get a better CM than Mcann)

2.Morten Gamst Pedersen(Class Winger)left

3.Sylain Distin(Solid..big...experienced CB)

4.Micah Richards(or any other realquality right back...Richards might be too expensive)

If we got these...i would be over the moon...wouldn't this be a great summer lads?

I think Hughes, for his versatility and experience is worth keeping. As an impact player Berger may be useful to keep on a 12 month contract.

Buying too many players all at once can be unsettling. I would rather sign 4 top quality players and 2 or 3 18/19 year olds for the future. The only players who should be leaving are Hendrie, Sutton, Djemba Djemba, Delaney and maybe JPA and Samuel (although the latter 2 may be worth keeping for another season).

If we could find a new "Vidic" and a new "Vieira" I believe that we could very well challenge for titles next season or at least get a place for Europe.

Now we have pace and strength in attack...lets look at the defensive midfielder role and try to get the central defence a little bit tougher and more skillful.

well from what we saw yesterday we know for a MoN team to be successful, we need to have a ready made replacement for Carew, maybe a younger player, anny ideas ?

I stillthink he'll move for Nugent in the summer. A replacement for Carew has to be not a big name who will expect to play week in week out

For defence, am I right that Woodgate is only on loan at Villaboro?

well from what we saw yesterday we know for a MoN team to be successful, we need to have a ready made replacement for Carew, maybe a younger player, anny ideas ?

I stillthink he'll move for Nugent in the summer. A replacement for Carew has to be not a big name who will expect to play week in week out

For defence, am I right that Woodgate is only on loan at Villaboro?

Woodgate is still only on loan.......... still has fitness issues for me, I don't think he's played that often, top quality when fit though.

As for replacing/covering Carew, also depending on his fitness what about Ashton from newly relegated West Ham?

I disagree Rocafella, although I would be delighted with Bent, I think Ashton has more natural talent, more intelligence and the potential to be even better.

We do however have a target man already in Carew. Neither Carew or Ashton would

score 20 goals on a regular basis as Bent would do.

He carried out 19 in his first season for Charlton, and was on his way half through this season when he became injured. Imagine him at a better club

I disagree Rocafella, although I would be delighted with Bent, I think Ashton has more natural talent, more intelligence and the potential to be even better.

I agree with you although I think Bent will always score more goals without contributing anything else. Bent is the 'Ian Wright' where Ashton is more rounded. I'd love to have either, or both.