Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keane is not past his best, thats just like saying SWP is, they just aren't playing regularly

before he got injured he was class, one moment that sticks in my mind was when he raped boulahrouz down the left and put a cross in for lennon to score.

as i say him and SWP full of confidence would be lethal, and martin's the best manager to instill that into them.

Sidwell and a guaranteed-fit Woodgate. That'd be quality. I do think Woody would stay with, ehh, Southy, though :?

If Woody had any ambition he wouldn't.

Talking of ambition, i would love to ask players like Boateng and Southgate who the more ambitious club is now...........

keane is not past his best, thats just like saying SWP is, they just aren't playing regularly

I'd say that is a fair point in all honesty. I think it definitely applies to SWP, I am not as sure about Keane but it could be the case.

Sidwell and a guaranteed-fit Woodgate. That'd be quality. I do think Woody would stay with, ehh, Southy, though :?

If Woody had any ambition he wouldn't.

Talking of ambition, i would love to ask players like Boateng and Southgate who the more ambitious club is now...........

Well you could ask, but it'd be nothing more than 2 fingers up to them (which is a perfectly worthwhile exercise btw!!) because at the time Boro were, and looked like being for the foreseeable future.

Alright. They're both past their best. And we can do better than either.

Suggestions? Keane I am inclined to agree with, and I do not really think that he is the type of forward player we will go in for. But I aint sure that there are that many better than SWP in our market.

There aren't many better than SWP and I reckon we'll go in for him in the summer so hopefully he wont play much for Chelsea up to then. He showed small glimpses against Spain. A run in any team and he'd be sharp again.

I just feel if we want to be competiting with the top four then we need to be getting better forwards than Robbie Keane. At club level in nearly eight years playing at the top level he just doesn’t seem to score that many goals, and few against the top teams; I think twice against Arsenal and once against Chelsea (pre-Roman). Maybe I am expecting too much, but I want to see a player who can do more? I am hoping with I S-M going abroad we will turn up some world class player?!?

I just feel if we want to be competiting with the top four then we need to be getting better forwards than Robbie Keane. At club level in nearly eight years playing at the top level he just doesn’t seem to score that many goals, and few against the top teams; I think twice against Arsenal and once against Chelsea (pre-Roman). Maybe I am expecting too much, but I want to see a player who can do more? I am hoping with I S-M going abroad we will turn up some world class player?!?

From the Premiership I think Bent or Ashton are the only two, really, that I would very much like, as I have mentioned earlier in this thread.

Abroad? Possibly depends on how we do for the rest of this season. Klose and Diego at Werder Bremen, for example, are unlikley targets. But maybe if we go on a good run, nick a UEFA Cup spot, sell the club to them that they could be the push to get us in the Champions League...

We have already proved with Carew that we can compete with them financially. So while this is about the limit for my expectations, I do not think it is totally unrealistic, although maybe just a little bit.

There aren't many better than SWP and I reckon we'll go in for him in the summer so hopefully he wont play much for Chelsea up to then. He showed small glimpses against Spain. A run in any team and he'd be sharp again.

Yeah at one point in the first-half he went round two of their blokes with absolute ease and it was just an example of the glimpses of class you do still get from him.

I have absolute faith that if Martin O'Neill signs Shaun Wright-Phillips that it will be a superb signing for us.

Sidwell and distin would be great signings for us. Come on the free, and although a large wage packet offer physical strength. With Villa having a lot of 'weak' players such as young, moore, maloney, agbonlahor davis etc, i think it is imperative we sign a player who can win a header and go through players :winkold:

From the Premiership I think Bent or Ashton are the only two, really, that I would very much like

I'm not sure why so many people seem so keen on Ashton. I think he's good enough, but hardly proven quality, especially considering what he'd cost (If WH bought him for 9 million, they'd want at least that, probably more for him).

He's also been out injured for months now, so would be a risk even going in for him, until he's proven that he's totally recovered from a bad injury

I think im in the minority by saying Distin isnt god enough.

Yes, hes quick, and can head. But so can Shitus Bramble.

He seems to have an appauling reading of the game and it always leaves him behind play.

Sidwell should definately be the one player we should pull out the stops to sign, in my opinion he looks like a similar prospect to tim cahill, and look at the club following him now. Apart from being free, he is english and will blend in with our current crop of young talented enlgishmen.

I'd love to see a big 10m player sign for us in the summer, then we can go into the new season with renewed hope.

defoe Sidwell

SWP Parker

keane W.Brown

barton Simplicio

klose Ronaldinho......

The NOW link us with Villa for £12m today. What a great signing he would be but I think we might need to find another £6 - £12m for him. But, "Villa scores for Villa" would have a great ring to it.

The People link us with Beyer Leverkusen's Ukranian striker Andriy Voronin who will be available on a free in the summer and with a £1.5m bid to make Phil Bardsley's loan permanent. At £1.5m he would be a steal, but again I think the press may be quoting half the price we may need to pay (unless a figure has been agreed already?)