Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

i hope to got that bellamy does not come here, as i think that the Carew and Young partnership can blossom very well and start producing a strike force to be reckoned with!!

I would however like to see David Villa come to villa park, how strange would that be though having Villa on the back of a villa shirt???

SWP will stay in london if he has the choice now and IMO spurs will sign him!! I would also like to see another right back and central midfield play bought in in the summer to have ample cover in these areas.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope to got that bellamy does not come here, as i think that the Carew and Young partnership can blossom very well and start producing a strike force to be reckoned with!!

I would however like to see David Villa come to villa park, how strange would that be though having Villa on the back of a villa shirt???

SWP will stay in london if he has the choice now and IMO spurs will sign him!! I would also like to see another right back and central midfield play bought in in the summer to have ample cover in these areas.

Realistically Villa is not in our league by a mile. He is one of La Liga's most prolific finishers and has already shown his desire to play for one of the big four. My bet is on Liverplop for him, joining Rafa's Spanish revolution freeing up Bellend in the process but who know's where he will go...?

I can see SWP coming to us though, something tells me that the deal will be just WRIGHT for him! I think with the amount of attackers we have we are definitely looking to move back to a 4-3-3 and that will be reflected in our summer ins and outs.

Villa won't come here, it's as simple as that.

He will either stay or join Chelsea/Real Madrid or Liverpool, although I hope he doesn't go to the latter as it would ruin a possibly great career.

Just look at all the misfortunes attackers from Liverpool has suffered, the list is endless.

I want us to emulate the Leeds-team from 5-6 years ago. (Team not club!)

English players and great attacking passion, they made the semis in the CL and that's just admirable.

English players and great attacking passion

Sounds good to me. The more home nation players the better I say.

Imagine if we had in our ranks 15 or so home nation players at U21's and Senior level. We would make the press in each of the four seperate countries and gain fans along the way. Plus you get the added bonus that these guys know from the start how to play the English game!

For further information, we currently have:

Seniors

Gareth Barry as the only current England international

Davo and Hughes as current Northern Ireland internationals

Delaney (when fit) as the only current Welsh international

Shaun Maloney as the only current Scottish international

U21's

Cahill, Moore, Gabby, Young, (Ridge???), (Bardsley???), (Osbourne???), (Gardner???) as England U21 internationals, but the odds of even one of them playing at senior level are limited by the influence of the big four!

So to summarise, that gives us five current home internationals and potentially eight U21 internationals! With a few quality home grown additions we could realistically reach that 10-15k area.

Any thoughts.....?

English players and great attacking passion

Sounds good to me. The more home nation players the better I say.

Imagine if we had in our ranks 15 or so home nation players at U21's and Senior level. We would make the press in each of the four seperate countries and gain fans along the way. Plus you get the added bonus that these guys know from the start how to play the English game!

Aren't FIFA/UEFA thinking about re-introducing the "max numder of foreigners rule" which would leave us in a decent position if we intend to keep recruiting British players.

Aren't FIFA/UEFA thinking about re-introducing the "max numder of foreigners rule" which would leave us in a decent position if we intend to keep recruiting British players.

Platini mentioned something about it when he was elected President of UEFA the other week, but no real specifics. Of course he also mentioned only having the top 3 in every major league qualify for the Champs League.

I'm just not sure how they could stop Europeans from playing in England...surely they'd have the same rights as all non-football playing Europeans to work in this country??

Platini mentioned something about it when he was elected President of UEFA the other week, but no real specifics. Of course he also mentioned only having the top 3 in every major league qualify for the Champs League.

But then, people will say any old crap to get themselves elected to a position of power.

It says you have to have 8 players in 'the squad' this is open to all kinds abuse!

What are the odds on the current offending teams simply filling a few places in their squads with token nationals and playing the same foreigner leaden 1st teams!

In my eyes if they are to implement a law like this the rule should correspond to the 1st 11!

Realistically Villa is not in our league by a mile. He is one of La Liga's most prolific finishers and has already shown his desire to play for one of the big four.

I believe Frederic Kanoute is the most prolific finisher of La Liga this season.

He said 'one of' :?

I wonder if we went knocking for a Mark van Bommel would he still be interested? With us looking to get to the next level and Bayern suffering a relative domestic crisis it might be a decent time to enquire. He'd be the engine in midfield that we've all craved.

I wonder if we went knocking for a Mark van Bommel would he still be interested? With us looking to get to the next level and Bayern suffering a relative domestic crisis it might be a decent time to enquire. HeVan Bommel? Good shout. He's class, no doubt about it.

One potential problem in prising him away is that Owen Hargreaves could be on his way to Man Yoo this summer so Munich would not be so keen to get rid.

Anyone know how old is he now?

Bored at work at the mo thinking of realistic players for the summer...

Scott Carson or Ben Foster 3/4 M

Bardsley 1.5m

Barton 5.5M

Reo-Coker 5M

Robbie Keane or D Bent 8m

Surely this would make us a team capable of europe - mind you im even cack on championship manager!!!

Definitely Sidwell, although the tabloids have said that Chelski are interested! If we could get Barton as well then that would be just smashing, it would certainly give us some attitude.