Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I will not cheer if Villa buy Bellamy...he might be a good striker..but he is such an idiot that it will give us more problems than what we gain...NO THANKS!

And he is pretty expensive too if you look at salary he gets from Liverpool! No chance...it is just bad business.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let Blackburn have Bellamy, he'll just suit Hughes' team and tactics.

Not the player Villa want, there are others who would fit in the squad better.

His career strike rate is a goal every third game, with a yellow every sixth and two reds.

With 118 goals in 336 he's no better than many other players and a much bigger liability in the dressing room as his record shows.

8 million for that jumped up little clearing in the woods not a chance. Every club Bellamy has been at he was serious trouble and if we got him in he would wreck the dressing room. Good player and all that but not what you need in the club and to think Liverpool want to almost double their money on another useless striker. I remember Baros all too well, fool me once tactics and all that.

I think he's just the sort of player MON would be interested in. He took him on up at Celtic and let it be known that he wanted to sign him permanently, but Celtic didn't have the money.

If he's available (which it looks like he is) and we have the money (which it looks like we do), then I think he'll certainly be a target.

I think he's a clearing in the woods and equally or more talented footballers could be available who are not clearings in the woods. Thus I would want him.

:P

if i had to bet on 2 players joining villa in the summer.i would put my money on SWP and Bellamy.

guess we would just have to take the rough(bellamy) with the smooth(SWP)

What, no David Villa?

Seriously though. I think Bellamy is at the stage of his career where a lot of clubs wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. If MON wants him, i don't think he'd take much persuading to come. Let's face it, he's not playing all that regularly and Riise is a bit of a fixture in that side. If the story is true (and it came from the Sun) then I would imagine a move for him in the summer to replace JPA and/or Sutton would very much be on the cards.

However, it remains to be seen if he can knuckle down and stop behaving like a petulant child. He's at a crossroads now, he can't afford anymore incidents if he ever wants to be taken seriously.

The bookies have us favourites for Bellamy....

Bellamy On His Bike? Villa Favourites To Sign Striker

bet365 have opened a market on Craig Bellamy's next club after the

striker was recently involved in yet more controversy.

Spokesman Steve Freeth "The alleged weekend incident adds to a long line

of controversies surrounding Bellamy and the new Liverpool regime could

have already seen enough of the Welshman.

"There have already been plenty of clubs willing to take a punt on

Bellamy and they'll probably be queuing up again if he's given the

'Spanish Archer' by Benitez.

"Martin O'Neill took a gamble on Bellamy at Celtic and he may do the

same at Villa."

Craig Bellamy's Next Club

Villa 4

Blackburn 9/2

Birmingham 13/2

Man City 8

Everton 9

West Ham 9

Portsmouth 10

Sunderland 12

Celtic 12

Spurs 16

Middlesbrough 16

Wigan 16

West Brom 20

Newcastle 25

If probably is fate that he'll end up at Blues, as somebody said on another thread.

I think I said that but it depends on if they get promoted as he won't drop a division. I can see him going abroad though too. Hope he doesn't come here.