Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

Unless he gets injured or knackered I can't see Bennett taking the place ahead of him this season.

And even if that happens I think Baker or Clark is preferred at LB atm.

I'd have thought Bennett would be straight back in if Luna is unavailable. He might do better knowing he really has to play out of his skin to stay in the team too.

I think us signing Luna will be the making of Bennett. With Luna playing how he is currently, Bennett will have to play out of his skin in training or when give a chance, and if Bennett manages to force Luna out of the side it will show how much he has improved over the last 12 months.

It's one of the things that I've really liked about our signings this summer, they create competition for places so some of the players who many deem "terrible" will have to up their game to get back in the squad, it's worked wonders with Clark already, he was our best defender against Arsenal and did well against Chelsea when he was on, but many wanted him out the door in the summer as he wasn't "good enough".

Luna has made a good impact so far but I think his biggest impact will be highlighted when Bennett has to fill in for injury/tiredness.

I could see Bennett coming on in a more attacking role if we need him to in a game. He's got good pace and a great delivery from the wing.

Agreed, I'd love to see him tested in a more forward role without the same amount of defensive responsibilities, For some reason he reminds me of a young Ashely Young(I assume no one will agree on this).

Think he'd link up very well with Luna if they ever were to be played at the same time. Expect him the get some cup runs, his form was improving towards the end of the season.

A few more pounds of muscle and cutting out some naive weak passes he might turn into a rather nifty winger for us. He might turn into a decent fb as well.

has the official sites got the stats wrong?

ive disliked bennett as a LB as he seems a bit scrawny and weak, however the site says hes 5ft 10 at 75kg, yet luna is the same height at 68kg, a stone lighter, yet he looks like he has more of a fuller physique to be a premier league defender?

either way, i still favour luna as our main LB and clark (6ft2 at 76kg) as back up, seeing as we dont use wingers there isnt much need for bennett

yerr, they are never really spot on are they.

Dont think luna has much to fear from Bennet in the competition for the spot, but i still think they should rotate Bennet in there as i think he will have a role to play in the future and it will help with fatigue.

lets see if Luna manages another own goal today! third times the charm.. hopefully! :)

Keeps on grafting right until the end, clearly works for the team aswell, that skill that got him between Johnson and Agger (I think) was impressive but he should have pulled the trigger. Hats off for trying to put a striker in though.

Big improvement over Bennett.

Our defence looks 100 times better at the moment.

It should continue to improve the more they play together, too. Vlaar has gone from the old hand to the weak link almost overnight, but I've no doubt he'll come good as the unit grows

Our defence looks 100 times better at the moment.

It should continue to improve the more they play together, too. Vlaar has gone from the old hand to the weak link almost overnight, but I've no doubt he'll come good as the unit grows

A back four of Lowton, Okore, Vlaar and Luna looks good and will hopefully get better as they gel together. Vlaar looks better next to Okore, Luna looks better next to Vlaar. Seems to work well, definitely better than last year!

Luna and Lowton attacking the flanks should help to get us a few goals this season.

Â