Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Difficult to tell if he really is shit if we don't see enough of him though, innit?

No its not, just look at the players who got in the side ahead of him. If he couldn't get into our dire first XI this season its safe enough to assume he's awful.

When he first signed I remember someone posted Youtube highlights of him with aab and I was immediately impressed even if the competition wasn't near PL. I still think the guy can play and I feel strongly something happened we don't know about that has held him back. His agent pretty much squashed the injury rumor. Still really hope he has a place here and if not I'll be keeping tabs on his development elsewhere so we can all say I told you so to whoever the doubters were.

Difficult to tell if he really is shit if we don't see enough of him though, innit?

No its not, just look at the players who got in the side ahead of him. If he couldn't get into our dire first XI this season its safe enough to assume he's awful.

Of course, that would depend on how shit the people making the decisions were.............

Looked like an awesome player in his youtube highlights, but I guess that him and Tonev are proof that we shouldn't use youtube to judge players..

Agreed, however whenever we sign our next player YouTube will be my first and probably only source of reference. :-)

Edited by myko

He was injured for a reasonable chuck of time, which was why he didn't get a chance.

As NSmith22 said, his agent spelled out that this isn't really true. Certainly his agent said he was fit and ready to take part in the last 5 games or so. During that time, Holt (loan signing with one goal and no pace), Bowery (signing from League 2 with no Prem goals who spent a lot of the season on loan in lower divisions) and Robinson (eighteen, never played before) all got minutes ahead of him. Bowery even started two of those games. 

nickyShorts.gif

This happened, killed his confidence.

I guess you posted this as a joke, but I wonder if there's some truth to it? He'd been in around the first team squad before it happened. 

He was injured for a reasonable chuck of time, which was why he didn't get a chance.

As NSmith22 said, his agent spelled out that this isn't really true. Certainly his agent said he was fit and ready to take part in the last 5 games or so. During that time, Holt (loan signing with one goal and no pace), Bowery (signing from League 2 with no Prem goals who spent a lot of the season on loan in lower divisions) and Robinson (eighteen, never played before) all got minutes ahead of him. Bowery even started two of those games. 

nickyShorts.gif

I guess you posted this as a joke, but I wonder if there's some truth to it? He'd been in around the first team squad before it happened.

even with his shorts down he still shoots better than Tonev.

nickyShorts.gif

Every time I look at this it makes me marvel at the incompetence of the ref. i mean if ever there was proof that a penalty had to be given it was here.

There are no excuses for him.

nickyShorts.gif

Every time I look at this it makes me marvel at the incompetence of the ref. i mean if ever there was proof that a penalty had to be given it was here.

There are no excuses for him.

Agreed, there was the discussion the other week about having to go down for a penalty, and this is a case in point. He was impeded by the defender, and the ref should have pointed to the spot and red carded the defender. You can only imagine the uproar if this decision would have been made against Chelsea or one of the other top 4 teams.

Seems he wants to return to AaB.. apparently agent quoted as him wanting to go back.

http://onside.dk/superligaen/helenius-spoeger-i-aab

The least surprising news I've ever heard . . . his agent was hinting at this months ago. I predicted it, but it hardly required being Nostradamus. It's been on the cards since Cornelius returned as well . . . the step up is just too big from Danish football. It's kind of understandable for PL minnows like Cardiff to make that sort of mistake, but we're supposed to actually know what we're doing in the PL. Should never have bought him, total waste of money and an embarrassing situation for all concerned. 

Okore is **** then !!

• Like 2

Â